The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 06:34 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

What sports do you follow? And which leagues/competitions?

By following I don't mean necessarily watching every game/tournament/event/wtv, but keeping up to date with it in general.

I only follow football these days. Mostly my club, Benfica, who play in the Portuguese league, obviously. I don't bother watching foreign leagues nowadays. I keep track of the league tables, the current champions, etc, but I'm at a point in my life where I need to double-check who manages which team or who is playing for each team. I just don't have much motivation and patience and time to watch much football anymore. Plus, it's getting mroe and more predictable nowadays, with always the same lot of teams winning major things. So I only really watch my team's games and the Euros and the World Cups. And I'll even miss some games. I watch like 70% of them maybe.

I used to follow Formula 1 racing a bit when I was a kid, but never got to know much about it. I only watched it on tv because my family watched it every Sunday morning. Plus it was in the golden era of the sport with the likes of Schumacher, Hakkinen, etc. in their prime. It was practically mandatory for a European to watch those guys race. And no, I wasn't old enough yet when Ayrton Senna died, so I've never seen him race.

What about you?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:22 PM   #2
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I don't really follow any sports myself, except for the Triple Crown in horse racing, and the Breeder's Cup if I remember to catch it. Mr D follows F1, and football (American, not soccer). He is more into the F1, though. He likes teasing our neighbor about F1 being better than NASCAR, with stats and such that show NASCAR is inferior. (For example, NASCAR does not run in the rain, and makes multiple pit stops, runs mainly on circle tracks.)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:30 PM   #3
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I don't really follow any sports myself, except for the Triple Crown in horse racing, and the Breeder's Cup if I remember to catch it. Mr D follows F1, and football (American, not soccer). He is more into the F1, though. He likes teasing our neighbor about F1 being better than NASCAR, with stats and such that show NASCAR is inferior. (For example, NASCAR does not run in the rain, and makes multiple pit stops, runs mainly on circle tracks.)
Tbh I only watched F1 as a kid because, like I said, my family also did back in the 90s. And naturally I had no choice on what to watch on tv back then. I've never understood what made a good F1 racer exactly or what fans look for in those races. All I did was watch cars race and hear the engines. And I feel the same way regarding cycling. Some people really love Tour de Portugal and ofc, Tour de France the major Tour. But idk. In other sports, like football, I can understand the tactics, see how good a player is in terms of technique, tactical positioning, etc, but in motor sports or cycling I dunno what to look for.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:39 PM   #4
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
He started getting into it a couple of years ago. He watches races whenever he can, or catches the highlights if he misses the race itself. With football, he mostly only follows the Vikings, and the Steelers to a lesser extent. I cheer the Panthers, but that's about it.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:44 PM   #5
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Soccer, ice hockey, team handball, track and field athletics, swimming, floorball, cross-country skiing, alpine skiing and biathlon, and some bandy.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 03-25-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:49 PM   #6
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Football, baseball and hockey are what I mainly follow.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:17 AM   #7
Icebot
Foot Elite

I follow NFL football.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:23 AM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Soccer, ice hockey, team handball, track and field athletics, floorball, cross-country skiing, alpine skiing and biathlon.
How do you find the time to watch all of that? I notice a lot of people online seem to follow a lot of sports. From watching European football leagues and competitions to following sports like handball, F1 racing, basketball(European leagues and the NBA), futsal, cycling, etc. Granted not all sports and events are around at the same time, but still, damn.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:54 AM   #9
Vicky82
Emperor

I follow Football, I support Arsenal. I also like to watch F1 Motor racing.

Sometimes I watch a bit of Tennis (Wimbledon) and cricket.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:53 PM   #10
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
How do you find the time to watch all of that? I notice a lot of people online seem to follow a lot of sports. From watching European football leagues and competitions to following sports like handball, F1 racing, basketball(European leagues and the NBA), futsal, cycling, etc. Granted not all sports and events are around at the same time, but still, damn.
I usually watch Sweden participating in international competitions.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:49 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I usually watch Sweden participating in international competitions.
Nothing would convince me to sit through a handball game, tbh. I absolutely hated playing that stupid sport in P.E. class.

I really can't be bothered with "individual" sports like athletics and all of those other olympic sports. Never saw the appeal.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:02 PM   #12
Overlord

Quote:
Nothing would convince me to sit through a handball game, tbh. I absolutely hated playing that stupid sport in P.E. class.
Why? Because you have to run all the time? Unlike soccer, where you can stand at your position for a time, especially if you're a defence player and nothing happens for a while.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:48 PM   #13
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Why? Because you have to run all the time? Unlike soccer, where you can stand at your position for a time, especially if you're a defence player and nothing happens for a while.
No. I enjoyed playing basketball and you also have to run constantly in that sport. Handball was just awkward as hell to play. I just didn't enjoy playing it.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:14 PM   #14
Overlord

Quote:
No. I enjoyed playing basketball and you also have to run constantly in that sport. Handball was just awkward as hell to play. I just didn't enjoy playing it.
I talk about watching it. But Portugal doesn't do well in handball, so the interest there isn't the biggest. However, it is popular in Sweden.