Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #1581
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
Which turtle fights off the entire Foot Clan making his way across the city until he's finally surrounded by all of them PLUS Shredder in the original comics?

Which turtle fights off dozens upon dozens of Foot ninjas until Shredder bests him and tosses him off a roof?

Leo is a bad ass in his own right and he's often overlooked at just how skilled he really is.

He's dedicated, disciplined, and supposed to be a tactician. As far as what a "ninja" is in pop culture, Leo is the one that most often offers that. The stealth entry, the sword fighting imagery. Yet he's also the antithesis of a ninja at the same time. He's honestly a samurai at heart more than the "anything goes" ninja. Honor, fealty and dedication to his family rather than a Shogun, there's the spirituality of the samurai in Leo. Just as a samurai lived their life ready to die for their master, Leo seems like he would be willing to sacrifice himself for his brothers without hesitation.

That dedication is what sets him apart. While Mikey often plays video games or watches TV, Raph would rather go and do his own thing, and Don is tinkering with machines, Leonardo dedicates himself to honing his skills to absolute perfection and nothing less will do. Because if they aren't honed to perfection, he will not be prepared to defend his family.

I'd actually like to see them expand on "samurai Leo" in having him practicing more of the traditions of samurai; learning archery, reading poetry, learning calligraphy. Things that seem unnecessary but the discipline itself is why they're necessary to him.

Hell, a samurai nature would be interesting to have him butt heads with Splinter, who is training them to be NINJA, who were masters of subterfuge, espionage, assassination, and any means necessary tactics. Having Leo struggle to reconcile the two would be an avenue to explore and offer more depth that most don't consider exploring.
Congratulations for not being the kind of person I was speaking about in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
I could totally see Casey as a homosexual. (I'm joking)
Are you kidding?
Everything Casey Jones has ever done in any continuity has been an over compensation for one thing or another.

That dude is in the closet so deep he might as well be in Narnia.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:25 AM   #1582
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Are you kidding?
Everything Casey Jones has ever done in any continuity has been an over compensation for one thing or another.

That dude is in the closet so deep he might as well be in Narnia.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
Old 11-03-2017, 08:29 AM   #1583
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
New TMNT cartoon theme-song leaked

leaked audio from the new music theme.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old 11-03-2017, 08:32 AM   #1584
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I think we're ready for a trans April O'Neil.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:33 AM   #1585
plastroncafe

How do you know we haven't already had one?
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:56 AM   #1586
Sumac
Banned

Let's not beat around bush and drool on the sausages - it's time to make Turtles gay!!!
Old 11-03-2017, 09:58 AM   #1587
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

My thoughts are that if anything ... this series might not even catch on and then we'll just have a random one off within the whole TMNT lore. The marketing is going to be super heavy those first few months, but who knows ... it might drop off if the eyeballs aren't there.

Look at all the different Batman cartoons there have been. Some have been fun, some have been real ****. I mean ... look at this Joker.

Hopefully if it's not worth anyone's time, it'll fade away quietly.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #1588
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Let's not beat around bush and drool on the sausages - it's time to make Turtles gay!!!
Hey, if that’s really an itch you need scratched there’s always Adventures #∞. O.o
It’s sorta semi-official.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:25 AM   #1589
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
My thoughts are that if anything ... this series might not even catch on and then we'll just have a random one off within the whole TMNT lore. The marketing is going to be super heavy those first few months, but who knows ... it might drop off if the eyeballs aren't there.

Look at all the different Batman cartoons there have been. Some have been fun, some have been real ****. I mean ... look at this Joker.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/..._Batman_01.jpg

Hopefully if it's not worth anyone's time, it'll fade away quietly.
I actually enjoyed "The Batman" series
If you want to talk about a crappy Batman series just looked at the last one that got canned in the middle of the first season
Old 11-03-2017, 11:07 AM   #1590
plastroncafe

Quote:
Mike's already a hedonist to enjoy the pleasures of the flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I actually enjoyed "The Batman" series
If you want to talk about a crappy Batman series just looked at the last one that got canned in the middle of the first season
Beware the Bat was cool. It was a damn shame that got cut as quick as it did.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-03-2017, 11:07 AM   #1591
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
Hold on, now, nothing says Uncle Ben didn't exist. They're just not blatantly in your face about it like showing Batman's origin every new film.

"When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you." - Peter Park in Civil War. That pretty much explains his wrestler to hero origin due to Ben's death.

In Homecoming, he tells Ned he can't let Aunt May find out he's Spider-Man, not after everything she's been through. What tragedy would that be if not losing her husband?

I'll agree changing MJ, Flash, and the standard Spidey suit being Iron Spider suit without looking like Iron Spider was all a bit too much, though.
Quote:
Uncle Ben did exist in Homecoming. Just because he isn't mentioned by name, that doesn't mean he didn't exist. It was done that way because audiences are no doubt sick of the same old thing.

I'm pretty sure he didn't exist. As May isn't sad at all & Peter's "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" has been replaced with "I want to be an Avenger". Plus Tony was essentially giving him Ben's speech during the Ferry incident "What if somebody died, that's on you if they do'

Ben is the ENTIRE reason why he became Spider-Man & he couldn't even get so much as a mention in Homecoming.

So yeah, my point still stands about these reboots becoming more & more removed from the original source material. And the same thing that happened with Homecoming & MOS, is happening with TMNT. They're missing the point of why things were they were. Leo is the leader for a REASON. Raph is the hothead rebel for a reason. You shouldn't just change key, established, ICONIC elements because "You wanna be fresh" It's stupid & contrived in my opinion.

@Cubed I don't want to see Leo go on a "journey" to become the Leo we all know & love when that's the way he was when he was fricking introduced!
Old 11-03-2017, 11:13 AM   #1592
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
I'm pretty sure he didn't exist. As May isn't sad at all & Peter's "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" has been replaced with "I want to be an Avenger". Plus Tony was essentially giving him Ben's speech during the Ferry incident "What if somebody died, that's on you if they do'

Ben is the ENTIRE reason why he became Spider-Man & he couldn't even get so much as a mention in Homecoming.
Uncle Ben definitely existed; Peter wore his suit to the homecoming dance
Old 11-03-2017, 11:13 AM   #1593
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
I know it's a late reply, but I don't think that April will be an African American in this series. The voice actor doesn't need to be the same skin tone as the character they're voicing. Take Cree Summer and Dave Fennoy for example.
Its already been confirmed April is African American

Also to everyone in this thread we still haven't seen any character designs or a trailer so

Old 11-03-2017, 11:24 AM   #1594
neatoman
Emperor

I'm just gonna post these.

Spoiler:

Hahahaha!
Old 11-03-2017, 11:32 AM   #1595
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
^yes! this! and change their masks to rainbow!
Old 11-03-2017, 11:32 AM   #1596
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nick's Raph was probably my favorite version of the character. Perfect mix between the sarcasm of the original cartoon one and the anger of all the other ones. 2k3 Raph became too much of a parody of a meathead as the series progressed, and the other Raph's toe the line between the two. He had many great episodes and moments too, even if the writers did have him change into weird forms in a lot of episodes.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #1597
Sighphi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Am I the only one who is gonna wait and see How Raph does as Leader and Leo does in his new role instead of getting Triggered and upset? Leo will probably be leader later in the show.
Yes, you are the only one that comes to a forum to tell us you are not going to have a discussion about a subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
I know it's a late reply, but I don't think that April will be an African American in this series. The voice actor doesn't need to be the same skin tone as the character they're voicing. Take Cree Summer and Dave Fennoy for example.
If she wasnt going to be now she has to be because it's everywhere that she is.

Quote:
How about making him latino?
Old 11-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #1598
CyberCubed
Overlord

I actually would have rathered black Casey over black April, but oh well.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #1599
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Another thing to keep in mind too ... if this show is loved by a younger audience, it does help keep the brand profitable in Viacom's eyes and might keep motivation for making more retro merchandise for us older fans. Yeah, while the current show might not be something you're dying to watch all the time but at least the IP would still be thriving in a way.

Sorry ... just got a lot of thoughts coming to mind. I think the main thing for me is just to start seeing some designs now.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:43 AM   #1600
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also if a TMNT incarnation bombs Nick/Viacom does bury it. Look at what happened to the Platinum Dunes movies, they basically canceled them and buried them six feet under.

It's not like Nick will keep something around if it doesn't work.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters