The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-07-2014, 01:37 AM   #61
Zog the Equalizer
Stone Warrior

I'd have to say Donnie's "biggest fear" in Fungus Humongous being April not liking him. I tolerate the whole crush thing, but having that be what he fears most really seams to cheapen the character for me. In fact the only ones who seemed to have deep, well-developed fears were Leo and April.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:52 AM   #62
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog the Equalizer View Post
I'd have to say Donnie's "biggest fear" in Fungus Humongous being April not liking him. I tolerate the whole crush thing, but having that be what he fears most really seams to cheapen the character for me. In fact the only ones who seemed to have deep, well-developed fears were Leo and April.
Why not, for Raph, make it the fear that he'll lose control and hurt his family or just the fact that he might do something that will get his family hurt (even the moment where he was 'leader' and Mikey got hurt)? Or that he'll be like Slash? Or even the fear be that Slash would hurt his family (and Slash saying 'it's your fault')?
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:42 AM   #63
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Why not, for Raph, make it the fear that he'll lose control and hurt his family or just the fact that he might do something that will get his family hurt (even the moment where he was 'leader' and Mikey got hurt)? Or that he'll be like Slash? Or even the fear be that Slash would hurt his family (and Slash saying 'it's your fault')?
Well, maybe I'm looking too much into these things, but perhaps Raph, Donnie and Mikey are better at suppressing their truly deepest fears a lot better than Leo or April.

But then again, this episode could have been just an episode to have Leo save the day, again. It's kind of strange, because I thought Raphael got through his phobia in CockRoach Terminator. And why would Mikey be afraid of the squirrelnoids? Eh, now I'm starting to see why I really didn't care for that episode.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:48 AM   #64
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Well, maybe I'm looking too much into these things, but perhaps Raph, Donnie and Mikey are better at suppressing their truly deepest fears a lot better than Leo or April.
So wouldn't that make Leo weaker than the other three, even though he's the leader? Because wouldn't 'suppressing your fear' be a great attribute?
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:14 AM   #65
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

The episode 'Mikey gets Shellacne'

With the exception of Rahzar.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:45 PM   #66
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
So wouldn't that make Leo weaker than the other three, even though he's the leader? Because wouldn't 'suppressing your fear' be a great attribute?
I don't know, because we hear it all of the time, the ones that do suppress their fears are doing it because they don't want to face them, and the day they have to, it will hit them like a freight train. Leo is already come pass that hurdle because he's already acknowledged it and faced it head on, but it's also something he will face for the rest of his life.

Granted, Raph's ultimate fear I would think would be, if he was never strong enough to protect his brothers, that was something they dealt with in the episode where he was testing Leo's leading abilities, but for some reason this episode decided to fall back on comedy fair, which is OK, it is a kid's show, can't have it too heavy.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:11 AM   #67
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
The episode 'Mikey gets Shellacne'

With the exception of Rahzar.
I sorta agree, that ep was a little on the gross side, and I really am not digging Dogpounds mutation in to Rahzar.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:19 AM   #68
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
I sorta agree, that ep was a little on the gross side, and I really am not digging Dogpounds mutation in to Rahzar.
I think so far 'Mikey gets Shellacne' is my least favorite episode of the entire series.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #69
MiBs
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I would've loved to see something like that. But I guess it essentially was a Leo-centric episode. I had a feeling that would be the case from reading the ep description, but I still was a little disappointed
MiBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:45 AM   #70
tylerdavies
Thug

worst moment?

the hiatuses of course lol
tylerdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:37 PM   #71
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I want you to name one of the worst moments within the series based on your own opinion. You must have an explanation that relates to why you chose that moment as the worst moment.

Good luck!
Now that TMNT 2k12 is over, I would like to list some of the worst moments within the show.

- Casey Jones's line near the end of "Annihilation: Earth!" ("This is awesome!")

- Michelangelo's entire behavior throughout the season three episode, "The Croaking".

- Splinter's "cheese phone" moment in "The Manhattan Project: Part One".

_ April O'Neil's "You're my mutant" moment in "A Foot Too Big".

- Casey's skull bomb in "Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse" ("Carmegeddon!").

These moments are among some of the worst scenes in the 2k12 series.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:48 PM   #72
Powder
So tired of this place

All the Raph/Mona bits. Eugh.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:42 PM   #73
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
- Casey Jones's line near the end of "Annihilation: Earth!" ("This is awesome!")
This one’s my pick too.
The entire freaking planet got destroyed. Millions of people just died. His friend’s father (Splinter) was just slain in front of them. His family died too.
No normal person would ever yell that out after all that stuff happened, no matter what it is they’re reacting to.
With the way they handled that scene, Nick Casey comes off a complete and utter idiot.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:31 AM   #74
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
This one’s my pick too.
The entire freaking planet got destroyed. Millions of people just died. His friend’s father (Splinter) was just slain in front of them. His family died too.
No normal person would ever yell that out after all that stuff happened, no matter what it is they’re reacting to.
With the way they handled that scene, Nick Casey comes off a complete and utter idiot.
Same here.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:37 AM   #75
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I personally think the cheese phone was cute

But basically for me, it was anything to do with Donatello pining after April...or Casey doing just about anything ever. There's a lot around him that rubs the wrong way...which all culminates into the "This is awesome" bit.

The time travel logic is downright awful.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:48 AM   #76
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, I wish Casey wasn't dumbed down as the show progressed.

I just finished watching Season 2 and forgot how much I initially liked Nick's Casey. He was intelligent in Season 2 and had good dialogue and interactions, but somewhere from Season 3 onward he was completely flanderized.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #77
TMNTmousers
Thug

Pretty much all Casey said was 'Another mutant', 'This is so metal'
TMNTmousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:14 AM   #78
newfan
Mad Scientist

When they cancelled it!

There were things I didn't like but not many things.

Last edited by newfan; 10-11-2017 at 10:19 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:40 AM   #79
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things and may think of more little stuff later (I also haven't watched the last 3 arcs yet (Monsters, Wanted and Apocalypse) so I may have more to add), but the ones that immediately come to mind:

Irma being a Kraang. Still hate it. Loved this version of Irma and was very disappointed she wasn't somehow still around after that reveal, having just been "replaced" by a Kraang imposter for that twist. Big time fail IMO and one less female character on the show after that.

Casey becoming gradually more idiotic, as others have stated. Not much to add there.

Karai being mutated, then just undoing it so suddenly and 'matter of fact' after all the drama and build up to her mind being lost and her potentially staying stuck in snake form. Still a head-scratcher. I think it boils down to knowing they had backed themselves into a corner and just shrugging it off because why not.

The repeated fake-outs involving and subsequently legit murdering of Splinter. Still probably my biggest irk with this series. It just wasn't necessary IMO. I get the whole "fate is fate, no matter what you try to change or intervene with" perspective they were going for, but I really didn't need to see Splinter impaled and thrown off a rooftop like a sack of trash. It stung more than anything I've ever seen in the entirety of the franchise to date. I'm sure that was entirely the point too, but whatever - I'll always hate it.

The general overuse and overblown threat of the Kraang in general. Seriously, this OMG GUYS INVASION arc seemed to repeat itself way too often in hindsight. By the time we got the supposed "send-off" for that angle in When Worlds Collide, it was beyond played out. I was so uninvested in that story. I really wish we'd been given something else to potentially enjoy instead in that slot during the final Tales season.

Which leads me to another complaint associated with Tales - I'd rather the Usagi arc been increased to 4 or 5 episodes. I think it would've been a better use of the season, and would've made the goofy Yokai episode more tolerable with more time to develop Usagi and the Turtles working together beforehand and Pugtaro's rise to power at the end feeling a little less rushed.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:44 AM   #80
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Reptile View Post

The repeated fake-outs involving and subsequently legit murdering of Splinter. Still probably my biggest irk with this series. It just wasn't necessary IMO. I get the whole "fate is fate, no matter what you try to change or intervene with" perspective they were going for, but I really didn't need to see Splinter impaled and thrown off a rooftop like a sack of trash. It stung more than anything I've ever seen in the entirety of the franchise to date. I'm sure that was entirely the point too, but whatever - I'll always hate it.
Splinter really only died once in the Season 3 finale before he died for good in Season 4, and as we know in Season 3 they went back in time. In the Season 2 finale Shredder badly beats Splinter but nobody ever thought he died. Even after he's thrown in the sewer currents the Turtles reassure each other that Splinter's still alive, and then at the very end of the episode we see Karai rescue him. They never tried to fake out Splinter's death that season, instead it was Shredder getting his revenge on him for beating him in the Season 1 finale.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote