The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-11-2015, 03:02 PM   #81
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Personally, I think it would have been interesting if they gender-bent Peter, and then made her the same etnicity as Miles and use the very nice Spider-Gwen costume.
That would honestly ruin the whole thing for me.

The big deal is that Spider-Man is coming back to Marvel, not Spider-Woman who's really Miles Morales as a girl.

Even if we've seen so many Peter Parkers by now, I still wanna see the real Spidey enter the fray in the MCU, not one of the knockoffs.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:08 PM   #82
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
yay Peter Parker again.......it's not like anyone's getting tired of him right......

This is like getting 2 Flash reboots starring Barry Allen.....why can't we just have Wally for once?
As already mentioned, the average viewer only knows about Peter Parker. Marvel/Sony aren't gonna suddenly use a different character that most viewers haven't heard of. Peter Parker sells movie tickets and gains TV viewing figures.

Btw, who's Wally? j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
That would honestly ruin the whole thing for me.

The big deal is that Spider-Man is coming back to Marvel, not Spider-Woman who's really Miles Morales as a girl.

Even if we've seen so many Peter Parkers by now, I still wanna see the real Spidey enter the fray in the MCU, not one of the knockoffs.
Hear, hear. When all is said and done, frickin' Spider-Man is joining the MCU!

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 02-11-2015 at 03:19 PM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #83
CyberCubed
Overlord

What's their obsession of putting Peter back in High School when all the Avengers are adults?

Seriously, a teenage looking Peter will look out of place next to the movie-verse Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, etc. The actors will also all be much older than they are now by the time Spidey appears in their movies.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:18 PM   #84
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What's their obsession of putting Peter back in High School when all the Avengers are adults?

Seriously, a teenage looking Peter will look out of place next to the movie-verse Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, etc. The actors will also all be much older than they are now by the time Spidey appears in their movies.
I would like to see an older Peter. One that's been Spider-Man for many years and has perfected the crime fighting life. Marvel/Sony should mix up the formula there a bit. Oh well, it'll still work with him being in High School. Always has, always will I suppose.

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

Old 02-11-2015, 03:19 PM   #85
TheSkeletonMan939

I think people like the idea that Pete's in high school, but still is in the same league as a genius billionaire, a god, and a WWII veteran when it comes to being a hero.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #86
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

He's a highschool student because that's where Peter Parker is the most iconic.
That's where more people know him from.

The highschool nerd who got bitten by a radioactive spider on a field trip.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #87
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
He's a highschool student because that's where Peter Parker is the most iconic.
That's where more people know him from.

The highschool nerd who got bitten by a radioactive spider on a field trip.
Agreed.

I do hope that we don't have to sit through all that again though. It should be briefly mentioned in the Civil War movie. Then they can talk about it/show us it all they want in the 2017 movie. All these reboots having to depict his origins again is getting tiresome.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:26 PM   #88
plastroncafe

I refuse to sit through another Spider-man origin story.
With my sincerest apologies to Garfield, who I quite like in the role, Sony's attempt to hold onto the rights by rebooting were idiocy. Those movies were horrid.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:40 PM   #89
THGhost
Puppet Master

While I do enjoy them for what they are, I am somewhat relieved that there won't be an ASM3. I loved Garfield and Stone, but everything else just paled in comparison to the first 2 films. Hopefully the next iteration will be able to recapture some of that magic.

Anyone have any ideas on who could play the next Peter Parker? Or even Miles Morales?

Old 02-11-2015, 04:18 PM   #90
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
yay Peter Parker again.......it's not like anyone's getting tired of him right......
That's the thing: People aren't getting tired of it. To the eyes of anyone who doesn't read comics, Peter Parker is the one and only Spider-Man. And he's still as popular as ever compared to other versions (Ben Reilly, Miguel O'Hara, Miles Morales, etc.)

Quote:
This is like getting 2 Flash reboots starring Barry Allen.....why can't we just have Wally for once?
Probably because of how Barry is currently the Flash in comics. Wally was only the Flash in stuff like "Justice League" and "Justice League Unlimited" because at the time of those shows he was currently the Flash in comics, and Barry was still considered "dead" after what happen in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:21 PM   #91
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
And he's still as popular as ever compared to other versions (Ben Reilly, Miguel O'Hara, Miles Morales, etc.).
...Go online and you'll find most of those are actually just as popular as Peter Parker, and are steadily becoming more popular with the benefit of nostalgia and shifts in diverse taste.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:23 PM   #92
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
...Go online and you'll find most of those are actually just as popular as Peter Parker, and are steadily becoming more popular with the benefit of nostalgia and shifts in diverse taste.
I'm referring to the fact that he's popular in the eyes of people who don't read comics as much. If you ask some people who Miles Morales is, they probably wouldn't know him well enough compared to Peter.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:29 PM   #93
plastroncafe

People who don't read comics didn't know much of anything about any of the Avengers before the movies. Using "People only know Peter!" as the excuse to only use Peter...is a crap excuse.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-11-2015, 04:33 PM   #94
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't read any DC or Marvel comics, but I am aware of all the characters thanks to what I read online and see people post. Yet I have not read a single DC or Marvel comic in my life.

People who read comics or keep up on superhero news are a minority. Ask anyone on the street who "Damian Wayne" is and they'll stare at you blank faced. Meanwhile ask the person who "Dick Grayson" is and they'll probably say, "Oh, I know him, he's Robin from Batman, right?"
Old 02-11-2015, 04:39 PM   #95
plastroncafe

So what you're saying is that you have absolutely no credibility when it comes to any discussion of a Marvel or DC comic-related property.

This is good to know going forward.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-11-2015, 04:41 PM   #96
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
People who don't read comics didn't know much of anything about any of the Avengers before the movies. Using "People only know Peter!" as the excuse to only use Peter...is a crap excuse.
Never said it was an excuse just to use Peter only in the movies. I mean if given the choice, I'd like to see Miguel on the big screen as Spider-Man 2099. But like Miles, the chances of that happening are slim.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:48 PM   #97
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
People who don't read comics didn't know much of anything about any of the Avengers before the movies.

Using "People only know Peter!" as the excuse to only use Peter...is a crap excuse.
Not really.

The Justice League TV show was able to replace Barry Allen with Wally because no one really knew much about the Flash. It slipped under the radar of most viewers.

Spider-Man has had a good number of TV shows, and no less than five theatrical films all starring Peter Parker. All of the films and TV shows have been heavily viewed.

So the general public really do only know Peter. They might have heard about Miles in passing, but really when people think of Spider-Man they think of Peter Parker.

If they used Miles, then that'd really confuse the public and maybe - just maybe - lower ticket sales. And movie studios don't want that.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:12 PM   #98
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
So what you're saying is that you have absolutely no credibility when it comes to any discussion of a Marvel or DC comic-related property.

This is good to know going forward.
You don't need to read comics to keep up on information. I generally read summaries of the biggest DC and Marvel comics just to know what's going on in them, but I don't buy the actual comics. I simply don't have the interest.

TMNT is the only comic I buy now besides Usagi Yojimbo.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #99
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Honestly, that's the Spidey/Peter I want. He's a very different type of hero compared to the other Avengers and going younger with this version will really emphasize that.

For people complaining about being tired of Peter Parker - are you just tired of the name because we've never seen an accurate Peter Parker in a movie in my opinion? I'd like for them to get him right once before moving on.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:36 PM   #100
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I think this new version of Spider-Man for the MCU, Is most likely gonna do away with, all the unnecessary romance that was in the previous movies, We all know the whole thing about Peter Parker and Mary Jane, That has always taken center stage in the previous movies, And I think people are tired of that.

Tags
spider-man