The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 01-25-2019, 10:18 AM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Trump Ally Roger Stone Arrested by FBI

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/u...p-mueller.html

Roger J. Stone Jr., a longtime Trump adviser, has been charged as part of the investigation by the special counsel, Robert Mueller. He was arrested in a pre-dawn F.B.I. raid in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and is expected to appear in court Friday.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:18 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Who?

Apparently he's some guy advised Trump until 2015. Meaningless.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:30 AM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, I dunno, the FBI swarming your place, purposely in the dark and at hours intended to catch people off guard, is rarely for anything "meaningless." Was also apparently still an advisor in the campaign in 2016, so...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:41 AM   #4
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Roger Stone Indicted on 7 Criminal Charges including Witness tamerping obstruction and lying to congress

but ya meaningless
Old 01-25-2019, 11:41 AM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah, I dunno, the FBI swarming your place, purposely in the dark and at hours intended to catch people off guard, is rarely for anything "meaningless." Was also apparently still an advisor in the campaign in 2016, so...
Apparently not:

https://www.cnn.com/2015/08/08/polit...one/index.html

Utterly meaningless.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:56 AM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

We're going by the limited knowledge of the year 2015?

Official campaign titles aside, apparently yes, he was still very much involved and in very dirty ways. Not at all meaningless.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/polit...ump/index.html
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:58 AM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hell, I despise Trump as a person and as the chief executive, but even I'm sick of all this.

Whatever. Vote differently in 2020, vote differently in 2024. Until then, whatever.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:01 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hell, I despise Trump as a person and as the chief executive, but even I'm sick of all this.

Whatever. Vote differently in 2020, vote differently in 2024. Until then, whatever.
This.

I was told Trump as POTUS would mean the end of the world. Well, guess what, the world is still standing. And WW3 hasn't started yet. He's not even fighting with the Korean guy anymore. Now they act like they're friends, which makes me believe that the whole thing was just a facade
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:38 AM   #9
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Roger Stone Indicted on 7 Criminal Charges including Witness tamerping obstruction and lying to congress

but ya meaningless
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
We're going by the limited knowledge of the year 2015?

Official campaign titles aside, apparently yes, he was still very much involved and in very dirty ways. Not at all meaningless.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/polit...ump/index.html
Thank you for repeating the mainstream media narrative again, and again, and again, and again, and again....
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:55 PM   #10
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

ITT: A bunch of people with the inside track on a secretive investigation on conspiracy.

This isn't world shattering, no. We're not looking at the end of the world. But this is significant in a number of ways.

1. This is more evidence of Trump's inability to select the "very best" people.

2. It's another indictment of a high level Trump campaign official. This is concerning because it's such a common occurrence anymore that one wonders if any of these guys aren't in cahoots with Russia.

3. It also shows that no matter what happens, there's going to be people who kowtow to Trump and the GOP.

It isn't strong evidence of Trump's personal guilt, but it doesn't look good for him either. If everyone you hire is being taken down by the FBI, that's kind of suspicious.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:50 AM   #11
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
ITT: A bunch of people with the inside track on a secretive investigation on conspiracy.

This isn't world shattering, no. We're not looking at the end of the world. But this is significant in a number of ways.

1. This is more evidence of Trump's inability to select the "very best" people.

2. It's another indictment of a high level Trump campaign official. This is concerning because it's such a common occurrence anymore that one wonders if any of these guys aren't in cahoots with Russia.

3. It also shows that no matter what happens, there's going to be people who kowtow to Trump and the GOP.

It isn't strong evidence of Trump's personal guilt, but it doesn't look good for him either. If everyone you hire is being taken down by the FBI, that's kind of suspicious.
Just because they are being taken down by law enforcement authorities, doesn't always equate to guilt as you stated earlier. ...But have you heard of McCarthyism, or the abusive power of J. Edgar Hoover of the FBI? Plus, are we really going to place the FBI on a pedestal that is above political bias considering all the controversies the organization has had?

Is it suspicious? ...Perhaps. But nevertheless, the fact that still after all this time (over 2 years of accusations and investigations), there's still no direct evidence linking and incriminating Trump to Russia, and with the mainstream media fanaticism in wanting Trump to crash and burn, with every minor (and turns out to be, insignificant) revelation, makes it hard to take any development seriously the MSM reports. Then again, the mainstream media doesn't seem to care what little left of their journalistic integrity they have/had.

Too bad the FBI is so concerned about Trump that they can't spend time or resources to follow up in preventing school shootings.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:10 PM   #12
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
This.

I was told Trump as POTUS would mean the end of the world. Well, guess what, the world is still standing. And WW3 hasn't started yet. He's not even fighting with the Korean guy anymore. Now they act like they're friends, which makes me believe that the whole thing was just a facade
I hope the Denuclearization happens. Trump should get the nobel if it happens.

I had a feeling Stone was no good from the word go. That's why Trump got rid his ass back during the campaign. Trump was surrounded by some bad dudes. Trump was also smart enough to know when to get rid of them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
Just because they are being taken down by law enforcement authorities, doesn't always equate to guilt as you stated earlier. ...But have you heard of McCarthyism, or the abusive power of J. Edgar Hoover of the FBI? Plus, are we really going to place the FBI on a pedestal that is above political bias considering all the controversies the organization has had?

Is it suspicious? ...Perhaps. But nevertheless, the fact that still after all this time (over 2 years of accusations and investigations), there's still no direct evidence linking and incriminating Trump to Russia, and with the mainstream media fanaticism in wanting Trump to crash and burn, with every minor (and turns out to be, insignificant) revelation, makes it hard to take any development seriously the MSM reports. Then again, the mainstream media doesn't seem to care what little left of their journalistic integrity they have/had.

Too bad the FBI is so concerned about Trump that they can't spend time or resources to follow up in preventing school shootings.
This is also a good point. Lots of people were arrested during that time based on nonsense.

It's funny, all of these people keep getting arrested and NONE OF THEM are being arrested for anything to do with Russia.
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:55 PM   #13
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

But the investigation is turning up evidence of perjury and mishandled and ill-gotten campaign finances. Clinton was impeached over perjury.

This isn't just the FBI, either. The State of New York is investigating Trump, as well.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:22 AM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
But the investigation is turning up evidence of perjury and mishandled and ill-gotten campaign finances.
Can we agree on a date that, when it passes and nothing happens (because it won't and never does), we can shut up about it? Please?

Quote:
This isn't just the FBI, either. The State of New York is investigating Trump, as well.
Yes, yes, everyone and their mom is investigating Trump. Lots of investigations. And?
Old 02-05-2019, 06:37 PM   #15
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Sure.

I'm just watching the thing. But the focus of a lot of talking heads seems to be on the collusion, when the real developments are happening in the perjury department.

While not as juicy or dramatic, it's interesting to see whether or not charges will be brought against Trump. Mostly because, as the President, we're not sure whether or not he's able to BE charged with a crime.

If it makes you feel better, Trump is totally innocent until proven guilty in the court of law, regardless of what the court of public opinion says. I know it can get irritating listening to a bunch of people screaming for someone's head without any evidence to support it. I feel you on that. It gets a bit much to bear when every day the media is just a broken record of "Is today the day?!"

I, personally, had to turn off a lot of my social media.

Tags
actual cuck, cuck everlasting, god i love being a sjw