The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-24-2017, 03:47 PM   #81
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I have enough faith in IDW that I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in Venus and shortly after Peter Laird is quoted as saying "Eh, she's alright, I guess"
IDW is the perfect engine for improving past TMNT concepts and characters.

I absolutely want to see IDW spin characters like Venus de Milo, Mona Lisa, or Cody Jones. They're the only ones who could do it.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:49 PM   #82
ChosenOne
Banned

Hell, for all we know, Venus could already be one of the Turtle Ghostbusters from another dimension!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:46 PM   #83
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Mona Lisa in IDW? YES PLEASE!!! And doth mine eyes decieve me? Dark Turtles? I was hoping someone might bring them in. Now all we need is Drako. I want a Battle Nexus arc.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:05 PM   #84
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Hell, for all we know, Venus could already be one of the Turtle Ghostbusters from another dimension!
Hell, why not just make all the alternate dimension Ghostbuster Turtles female? It'd be like a genderbent take on both the Turtles and the Ghostbusters. It could be pulled off but some people would probably overreact
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #85
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Hell, why not just make all the alternate dimension Ghostbuster Turtles female? It'd be like a genderbent take on both the Turtles and the Ghostbusters. It could be pulled off but some people would probably overreact
I thought about that myself when I posted about Venus being one of them, but couldn't quite figure out how to word it correctly and was pressed for time, so I dropped the idea.

Yeah, some folks would overreact but then again, if done on purpose as a riff or satire on both the notion of female Turtles and the all-female Ghostbusters reboot, no reason it couldn't turn out to be pure genius!
Old 08-24-2017, 09:17 PM   #86
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Pete is a non-factor, Hob is nothing to write home about in hand-to-hand but probably the most dangerous of the bunch due to sheer ruthlessness and tactics, Mondo isn't much of a fighter, Sally is just a "normal" mutant who shouldn't be much more dangerous than Karai (and Leo regularly one-shots Kara), Seymour I'm on the fence about but he wouldn't be anythng the Turtles haven't faced before... And so that leaves us with Ray and Hob as the only real tactical threats, and Herman as the only real physical threat. Funny thing about hermit crabs in a square "shell", though: flip them on their back and they're pretty much neutralized. I'm sure Donnie could figure out and arrange for that. Even funnier thing, his weapon of choice works great for flipping enemies over... Also consider the fact that Hob and Herman wouldn't open fire while their teammates engage the Turtles in hand-to-hand, lessening their odds even further.
Good point about Leo and Karai, but I think that pitting some of these mutants against one another is a bit of a rock-paper-scissors type scenario.

Like Bebop and Rocksteady have been portrayed as nigh unstoppable, against the Turtles and all the Mutanimals, but then we've seen Karai incapacitate them in the blink of an eye. And we've seen Karai be taken out by Leo in a few effortless, almost lazy-looking moves. Shredder has been portrayed as a nearly unbeatable opponent, even when it's four against one, but Krang defeated Shredder in one-on-one combat, and we've seen the Turtles work together to take down Krang.

So really all I'm saying is, the results of all these hypothetical fights are totally situational, which is as it should be. I like that no one character has a power level over 9000
Old 08-24-2017, 09:23 PM   #87
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Good point about Leo and Karai, but I think that pitting some of these mutants against one another is a bit of a rock-paper-scissors type scenario.

Like Bebop and Rocksteady have been portrayed as nigh unstoppable, against the Turtles and all the Mutanimals, but then we've seen Karai incapacitate them in the blink of an eye. And we've seen Karai be taken out by Leo in a few effortless, almost lazy-looking moves. Shredder has been portrayed as a nearly unbeatable opponent, even when it's four against one, but Krang defeated Shredder in one-on-one combat, and we've seen the Turtles work together to take down Krang.

So really all I'm saying is, the results of all these hypothetical fights are totally situational, which is as it should be. I like that no one character has a power level over 9000
Agreed. But I still give the Turtles the edge over the Mutanimals, at least 6 times our of 10. I hope I won't trigger anyone by saying this (one can't be too careful these days) but in a combat situation, each of the Turtles is worth two of the current characters in the Mutanimals roster.

At least in theory. Many things could happen to upset that, especially if the story called for it.

Regarding Bebop and Rocksteady, I've often thought back to that moment when Karai had them in a stalemate, and what I took away from it is: what they're vulnerable to is one thing, what they believe to be vulnerable to is quite another. We've been shown this repeatedly. Sure, she would've stabbed Rocksteady in the mouth or throat... The same dude who gets hacked, shot at, electrocuted, buried under a building, made to look like a porcupine from so many katanas sticking out of his back... I gotta wander if Karai would've made any real, lasting damage there.

Just be glad we never saw (so far?) Shredder fight the Psycho Safari Twins, that would've only muddled things even further!
Old 08-24-2017, 09:57 PM   #88
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Shredder has been portrayed as a nearly unbeatable opponent, even when it's four against one, but Krang defeated Shredder in one-on-one combat, and we've seen the Turtles work together to take down Krang.
And don't forget, Krang fights with a robotic body that is immune to fatigue and superficial damage. In a one-on-one fight, the advantage is on his side. No matter how skilled Shredder may be, eventually he will tire out and/or succumb to injuries and Krang won't, while the Turtles have the advantage of striking from four (or two or three, as the case may be, since they never fought Krang all together) different directions and thus being able to wear him down that much faster. On the other hand, it's precisely Shredder's skill against flesh-and-blood opponents that enables him to stand up to four of them at once and tip the scales in his favor. He's severely mismatched against Krang, is all.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:57 PM   #89
CyberCubed
Overlord

So going back to the new Triceraton arc, it's safe to assume Bishop will be in it too, right? I hope we get to see his backstory revealed too, and what was up with the cyborg/robot face he had last time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:13 PM   #90
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Krang's biggest disadvantage in his suit is that frustration gets the better of him.

And monologuing. And pontificating. It's like he has a word of the day calendar, but he only remembers the interesting words when he's annoyed or really heated up in combat
Old 08-25-2017, 05:07 AM   #91
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So going back to the new Triceraton arc, it's safe to assume Bishop will be in it too, right? I hope we get to see his backstory revealed too, and what was up with the cyborg/robot face he had last time.
Bobby confirmed he would be in #76 before we knew it would feature thevaTricerston invasion of the Earth.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:18 AM   #92
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Too soon for a team-up with the Turtles, maybe? Which is a shame. This arc would be the perfect opportunity for everyone - Turtles, Mutanimals, EPF, Foot, even Null and the Pantheon - to stand together and defend Earth. If only it didn't come at a time when hostility between the various factions is at its peak...
Old 08-25-2017, 07:53 AM   #93
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Ditto. That's quite a big plot point, I'm really curious to see what Bishop's deal is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Krang's biggest disadvantage in his suit is that frustration gets the better of him.

And monologuing. And pontificating. It's like he has a word of the day calendar, but he only remembers the interesting words when he's annoyed or really heated up in combat
Classic Krang #VillainProblems

Quote:
Too soon for a team-up with the Turtles, maybe? Which is a shame. This arc would be the perfect opportunity for everyone - Turtles, Mutanimals, EPF, Foot, even Null and the Pantheon - to stand together and defend Earth. If only it didn't come at a time when hostility between the various factions is at its peak...
Oh yeah, way too soon. Bishop is too ruthless and cold at this point for any mutants to team-up with him, which honestly I'm kind of glad about. I don't want the series to get a point where the Turtles team up with every single one of their enemies at least once to take down a mutual enemy. Some enemies are too dangerous to trust, and Bishop seems like one of them. He would pull a move like the Turtles did and try to get the mutants and Triceratons to take each other out, like the Turtles did with Krang and Shredder.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:57 PM   #94
ToTheNines
[sic]

Sneak peak:

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:33 PM   #95
Powder
So tired of this place

Did Dan draw the turtles wth giant shells & tiny hands last time? I don't recall those traits, not a fan of 'em (They look great otherwise, though). Very much looking forward to these.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:37 PM   #96
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Did Dan draw the turtles wth giant shells & tiny hands last time? I don't recall those traits, not a fan of 'em (They look great otherwise, though). Very much looking forward to these.
Yeah, exact same look as the first TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover. Kinduva blend of Fred Wolf and Bayturtles. Not my fave...
Old 08-30-2017, 08:13 PM   #97
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I think there also may be a little bit of weird foreshortening going on in those pics, I don't remember the hands being quite that small in the last crossover
Old 08-30-2017, 08:18 PM   #98
Powder
So tired of this place

I noticed it on his latest covers too, though. Wasn't as drastic last time around.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:55 AM   #99
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but the TMNT/GB 2 trade is up on Amazon with a slightly more detailed plot synopsis:

They crossed the streams! Turtles and scientists, working together... and they're back for more! The two pop-culture phenomenons join forces again in this sequel to the smash hit to fight a threat more extreme than anything either of them have ever faced.

An enemy from Master Splinter's past is back and hungry for revenge. To get it, he'll summon the most dangerous foe that the Turtles have ever encountered-the Collectors, shape-shifting demons that can pass through dimensions at will and cannot be stopped once they have been summoned to harvest a soul. To save themselves from the clutches of the Collectors, the Turtles team up with the Ghostbusters, the only people who have ever faced them and lived to tell the tale, in a battle that turns into a chase across dimensions both incredible and terrifying.

So the Dark Turtles' true identities are the Collectors, Ghostbusters villains. Nice little melding of the two worlds for a threat rather than just plucking another ghostly baddie from the Turtles' world.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:42 PM   #100
Ninjinister
無問題

"Master Splinter's past"

If which they mean a few months ago?