The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-18-2018, 12:42 PM   #3101
Vegita-San
Emperor

about as much luck as real life.

people can be even more picky on those things. and i once heard there are about 60% more guys than girls anyway . so, yeah, not so great.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #3102
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
about as much luck as real life.

people can be even more picky on those things. and i once heard there are about 60% more guys than girls anyway . so, yeah, not so great.
Sorry San, deleted that last one, didn't know if you'd appreciate the question. Anyway yeah dating sites have worked from some (3 couples I know) but still, if you can stick them out.. I don't like them.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #3103
Vegita-San
Emperor

no worries. as long as it's not insulting, i usually don't mind it

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:40 PM   #3104
Ninjinister
無問題

Newborn kittens, new TV, and pizza.

Probably the best day I've had in months.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:04 PM   #3105
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ya gotta show pictures !
Old 04-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #3106
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yeah, I'm really curious what kind of pizza you got.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:59 PM   #3107
Ninjinister
無問題

Sorry guys, the pizza is now poo. It was one o' them little rectangular ones from Little Caesars, pepperoni.

I mean I can still take a pic of it, though. I've never shied away from sh*tposting.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:10 PM   #3108
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol

If I didn't need to go to bed now I would offer to get a pic of what's left of mine as a substitute.

Just normal pepperoni though, so I'm sure you all know what that looks like.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:23 PM   #3109
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Boooo!

(But yeah, I meant pictures of the kittens )
Old 04-20-2018, 02:22 AM   #3110
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Boooo!

(But yeah, I meant pictures of the kittens )
Kittens, not s**tin's. Got it.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:39 AM   #3111
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, that's going in my favorite member quotes . Wherever that thread is.

Congrats to you and your cat though. That's a beautiful baby
Old 04-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #3112
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Aw, cute little fuzzy.

Back around the beginning of March I'd made a FB group for the store I worked for, since the poor old place would be ending its existence after 55 years.

I'd sat on the idea for a month or more, not sure if it was a dumb idea or not. I'd finally did it and posted up a couple of notes for it at work, with my manager's permission.

I really wasn't sure if people would even be interested. One of the more outgoing, social employees loved the idea and added some others herself which helped, but up until yesterday it was only 16 members. I was kind of disappointed, but figured it is what it is, no one is forced to join if they aren't interested.

Then yesterday, after it being the absolute final day for us last holdouts who had stayed the past extra 10 days to help clean up, it had reached 37 by the time I went to bed. Then I check this morning and it jumped to 58, via some joining then adding a whole bunch of people themselves. Some I knew previously, though there's also plenty I never knew who had come and gone before I ever worked there, but that is fine, it's for anyone who ever did. I'm just pleased to see it take off and the photos that some are sharing.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:21 PM   #3113
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Today, in Dungeons and Dragons...

We're doing a one-shot game where we're all half-elf rogues (though my character is "half half-elf" and half dwarf), since it would be my last game for four months before I go to Ohio for the summer.

An important NPC gnome child kicked one of my guildmates in the crotch.

DM rolled a 20.

And 9 damage.

The context is even weirder.

(Also, a cockatrice we were fighting completely missed attacking us and hit the ground so hard it got a concussion. So one of my guildmates
Old 04-21-2018, 05:10 PM   #3114
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
That sounds hilarious! We just wrapped up our weekly game session, and had a LOT of fun with the monk and his new barnarian "gf" going "bowling with bugbears". (Basically a type of goblinkin who are big, hairy, and mean.) They were tossing them around on a bunch of rickety platforms and plank bridges in a cavern full of spiders, araneas, and ettercaps (and the bugbears, obviously) trying to knock them off the platforms/bridges into this 100 ft shaft. Meanwhile, Mr D's elf ninja was tangling with one of the araneas, which are a shapeshifting spider that can use magic in humanoid form, while the kitsune magus was "tied up" in its webs. My fire-obsessed gnome had to burn it off of him. Needless to say, it was a fun romp, though they only got halfway through the cavern complex before we had to stop for the day. Should be equally entertaining next week when we finish the adventure before moving on to my next "torture ", as they call it.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:24 PM   #3115
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The game ultimately ended up getting really sour, first with me having trouble keeping up with one of the players - who was so intense with the game that I kept falling behind.

And then things took a bad turn - when she killed a character we weren't supposed to kill (the gnome kid, who was wanted for killing a dragon but somehow didn't - for 40,000 Platinum) and then things kept getting worse and worse to the point that I so uncomfortable with the direction it was going that we determined it would be best to stop playing. There were worse details that I left out, but it was getting pretty terrible.

But then that turned around with completing a sewing project with my boyfriend's mom and meeting a girl from their neighborhood that's roughly your Duckling's age (I think a little older).

I'd love to be able to play a game with you sometime, though. That would be a lot of fun
(But that would mean having to choose between Chovlona and Melarue to play with; Melarue is the "Quarter Elf" that I wasn't able to use to the extent I wanted to yesterday, but I already have a pretty good grasp on Chovlona.)

The big thing for the day is that I'm typing this from my new computer, which should make working with my cousin in Ohio a lot easier if I have to walk around and work at the same time. Also, Pete the Cat pretty much just needs cold treatment in terms of his health.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 04-21-2018 at 05:30 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:59 PM   #3116
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Well, intense is one word that rarely ever describes our games. Not when we have the party pimping out members to the local fertility/passion god's temple to pay for his resurrection, picking street fights with butch barbarian chicks to qualify to become a drunken master (the monk), or rescuing werewolves in a village who are being oppressed by a new alpha blackmailing them by threatening to out them to the town. And then there are the jokes.....

Sounds like you have a player hijacking the game. It happens in every group on occasion. I've had it happen a time or three. But mostly we just have fun, get crazy, and try not to take it too seriously. I mean, the monk already punched out a DRAGON in two hits and killed it! (Granted, it was fairly young, but still- a DRAGON....) But some of our other adventures have been more difficult, so it's not all cakewalks.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:09 PM   #3117
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm pretty sure she doesn't mean to, I think she just gets too excited about the action and forgets to take a few steps back. And taking her character's "rogue assassin" a little too seriously (Melarue is a rouge charlatan).

And one huge contributor to the collapse is that my boyfriend will usually make his own campaigns. Which get pretty darn creative; one had a good roll going until a separate group had a complete falling out over some other issue.
Which involved the Kobold player befriending a dragon we were fighting and setting it free from captivity.

The first half went pretty well up until we learned that the gnome we were looking for was a child.

For now, my boyfriend is trying to straighten things out, work on his power of "no, you can't do that", challenging certain actions ("do you have any rope to tie them with? Do you have something to gag with?"), and now has full intention of killing the characters that went along with it.

Even with that, this particular campaign isn't really something I want to go along with, unless I'm somehow able to work with other people and can survive a fight with former guild mates (Melarue does not have any spells)
Old 04-21-2018, 07:01 PM   #3118
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I can understand how that might be an issue. I would offer a bit of advice as a long time DM, however. Tell him that killing characters intentionally is the one ABSOLUTE NO-NO for any game master. It is not only unfair to players of those characters, but it instills resentment, distrust, and lack of confidence in the group as a whole. NPCs are one thing, they are the DMs to do whatever with, but NEVER meddle with a player's PC without both fully getting their agreement and cooperation in whatever is planned. (Like secretly replacing them with a doppelganger infiltrator, for instance.)

The other thing is yes, absolutely he should have final say on some things. Game rules are there for a reason, of course, but ultimately the DM can override them in favor of the group's enjoyment of the game. If a rule or player or anything else is getting in the way of that, it can and should be dealt with fairly but firmly.

As an aside, if you were in my game, you might not have to choose at all, as I sometimes allow players to use multiple characters if they wish. And that half-elf/dwarf would fit right in!

Old 04-21-2018, 07:12 PM   #3119
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Today's happy was brought to me by an afternoon of day drinking and hanging out with friends I haven't seen in far to freakin' long.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:17 PM   #3120
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Got things all together for my summer in Ohio; my mom and I got the whole upstairs ready.

And ended my day seeing that
TRUE FACTS IS BAAACK

(Which...probably resemble Utroms more than anything else on Earth, I think)