The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #1
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Rise of the TMNT speculation thread

Okay, I wasn't sure if this should get it's own thread or not, but since the other 'rise of TMNT' threads are bogged down in arguing, and speculation about a series is a separate topic, I thoguht I'd make this thread.

Okay, based on what we've gleaned from what little info we have on this series so far, I had a few thoughts;

-Baron Draxum; Okay, bug-like main antagonist, who has his own army, and fight's the turtles, with a name that is a noble title, followed by one word; does anyone else think this guy was a re-imaging old lord Dregg, but Playmates didn't want to sell a new figure with that name again so soon after his appearance in the 2012 series? Based on his description, I think this guy mixes mutagen as a mystical potion, and uses it to create the mutant of the week to fight the turtles. The oozesiqutoes are his delivery method, and he might even have his own army of mutants, possibly mutated insects.

-the underground city: this calls to mind the Atlantian city, with it's mutant inhabitants, in the 2003 series. My guess is it's an ancient mystical city full of mutants that was buried underground, and new york was built over it, or it's mutant population was crated by the ooze that drained into the sewers, then drained further into the caves and bedrock far below. We know Baron Draxum is from the underground city, but is he the ruler? Is he an exiled criminal who was banished for abusing the ooze? Is he tied to the turtle's origin? Also, I speculate that the underground city, if it';s inhabitants are friendly, is where the turtles will go to act normal and fit in around other mutants, and several mutant allies or enemies, as well.

-the foot clan; we know there will be the foot origami ninja. I believe here these ninja will be magical beings, created from folded paper, that shredder will bring to life via ninja magic. This will allow the turtles to chop them up without killing anyone, and there is a certain dynamic here (paper foot soldiers= a ninja named 'shredder') my guess is the origami ninja will appear in season one, but the shredder himself will be held off to be the season 2 antagonist.

Well, those are my thoughts, does anyone else have any speculation on what this show could be about/where it might be head. And remember, this is SPECULATION, so 'it's too early to tell anything is not an answer XD

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 03-19-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #2
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I will be the main antgonist in all seasons and not only after season 2. Also my main foot ninjas army will be humans. The magical beings from papersand robots will be very few.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:42 AM   #3
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

My speculations are:
  • There might be an episode involving a musical/ melodic mutant.
  • I think there might be an episode that involves a "Groundhog Day"-like concept.
  • The Turtles' might get stuck within various video games/ television programs (by the mutant of the week), and April and/or Splinter might have to bail them out.
  • There might be a cooking show episode.
  • There might be a clip-show episode.
  • Leonardo and Mayhem might switch brains for an episode.
  • The Turtles' will help various people pick up the trash.
  • Michelangelo might sing about making/cooking pizza, while (unknowingly) burning the oven.
  • There might be a ninja-training montage for an entire episode.
  • There might be an episode involving modern technology (3D printers, holograms, super computers) and the dangers that come from them.
  • I might expect lots of cliché stereotypes from certain characters.
  • There will be a Q&A episode.
  • There will be an episode that has detective work (a.k.a. solving a mystery).
  • One of Donatello's battle shells might become corrupted, and he might have it destroyed.
  • Mayhem will be missing for an episode. Resultantly, the Turtles' (and probably April) will be searching for him.

Those are my speculations.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 04-15-2018 at 04:48 AM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
My speculations are:
  • There might be an episode involving a musical/ melodic mutant.
  • I think there might be an episode that involves a "Groundhog Day"-like concept.
  • The Turtles' might get stuck within various video games/ television programs (by the mutant of the week), and April and/or Splinter might have to bail them out.
  • There might be a cooking show episode.
  • There might be a clip-show episode.
  • Leonardo and Mayhem might switch brains for an episode.
  • The Turtles' will help various people pick up the trash.
  • Michelangelo might sing about making/cooking pizza, while (unknowingly) burning the oven.

Those are my speculations.
Many of these ideas sound common for series circa 30 years ago.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:48 AM   #5
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

When I viewed the Behind-the-scenes video (yet again), I pondered on this piece of concept artwork.

Spoiler:

Quote:
While I viewed the Behind-the-scenes video (yet again ...), I noticed something.

Apparently, Leonardo can use his sword to get to the underworld (a.k.a. "The Hidden City"). Interesting ...

I also pondered on this quote:
Quote:
Leonardo “The Trickster”

A red-eared slider turtle, Leonardo is intelligent and quick-witted. He uses his sharp skills to beat opponents and find shortcuts around obstacles. And he always knows the perfect time to land one of his many one-liners!

Hmmm ... it looks like Leonardo will use his sword as a transport and as a shortcut.

I wonder if this is what they've (the creators) intended.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 04-10-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:22 PM   #6
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
When I viewed the Behind-the-scenes video (yet again), I pondered on this piece of concept artwork.

I also pondered on this quote:

Hmmm ... it looks like Leonardo will use his sword as a transport and as a shortcut.

I wonder if this is what they've (the creators) intended.
It reminds me of that alien sword from the 80s episode, The Ninja Sword of Nowhere but this time it takes them somewhere.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:55 PM   #7
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

He-heh. I didn't know about that! Cool info, Vicky!

Regarding this still of Michelangelo:

Spoiler:

Hmm. This makes me wonder if he'll add more tattoos to his plastron/ shell.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:45 PM   #8
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

good speculation, people! ^^

I personally like some of where this show is heading; having an underground city of mutants gives a common source point for many of the show's mutant allies/enimies, having the TMNT with mystical powers give this show a unique twist for it's turtles, and Baron Draxum as a mutant rights, magneto-type figure is something tmnt has not really explored much in the past. a lot of new things, taking the show in a new direction!

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:28 PM   #9
MaximeLoonatic
Hench Mutant

Here my thoughts:
-The characters and show will develop and grow into what fans are used to: Leo becoming the leader, Splinter having his ninja groove back, villians becoming a really big deal...
-Characters from the 80s show would appear: Pinky McFingers, Tempestra, Bugman, etc...
-There would be enjoyable episodes.
-Episode focused on Ralph's angry issues and being forced to give up the leadership, for the best of the team.
MaximeLoonatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:31 PM   #10
Unworthy tinker
Hench Mutant

A'ight, I've stated this theory before, but *pops knuckles* I wanna go over more "evidence" that's been released.

The turtles in this incarnation started out as humans. Know it's been joked about, but think about it.

1. The title "Rise of the TMNT." Yes, this means it shows them just starting out, but what if this isn't just their first time going top-side? What if this is indeed a complete origin story?
2. The turtles will be more inexperienced. Again, origin story maybe? Because at the very least, in every other incarnation, they were still ninjas from day one. But here? It'd make since that they were initially human, probably completely unassociated with crime fighting.
3. Official descriptions also imply that the mutant realm or whatever is new to them. Assuming the underground city is a place for mutants, don't you think they would've known of it prior?
4. Splinter doesn't seem to be as fatherly as past incarnations. Yes, we don't have much to go off of, but what there is, he's made out to be lazy. It could be that they're simply pupils he took in.
5. They're different types of turtles. Look, if they were human, maybe they were related, maybe not and they're just close friends, but the point stands regardless: why different species?
6. Baron Draxum. (and his Oozquitoes.) Baron, maker of mutants. The turtles could possibly be crimefighters because they're out for revenge on him. Also, the Oozquitos, well. Enimies in the form of small bugs. Could've easily gotten to these four boys.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Splinter is just a bad parent, and the turtles were experiments, or an accident with mutagen before the creation of Oozequitoes, but I think if they were human, it would be interesting.

Vowing vengeance against Baron because they can never return to their families. Ensuring he never does this again.
Saw in the trailer, how it appeaes that April works in a Chuck E Cheese type place. Perhaps she was a close friend prior to mutation, and the bit where Raph mentions free pizza, it's a ploy to lure them out? Maybe because she's worried? I don't know, this last point about pizza, it's probably more headcanon than theory TBH.
And ultimately? The implications do seem a little dark. But, the 2012 series was also promoted as something really upbeat and childish, and while it was at times, there were other times where it wasn't exactly the most lighthearted series ever. So, who knows.
I honestly want to see this though. With everything else in this series, why not? Let's go all out.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:40 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unworthy tinker View Post
The turtles in this incarnation started out as humans. Know it's been joked about, but think about it.
I don't know how this keeps coming up, they're pretty much stated to be different species of Turtle. If they were all humans they all wouldn't become different Turtles.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:51 PM   #12
Unworthy tinker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't know how this keeps coming up, they're pretty much stated to be different species of Turtle. If they were all humans they all wouldn't become different Turtles.
Cubed, nothing against ya', but do tell. How does them being human make it improbable for them to be different species? Look, if they started off as turtles, I'm sure there is an explaination and I'm completely wrong. But, what could the explaination be? They're just test subjects? Again, I'd still buy the concept that they started as turtles, I'm just spitballin' with the human theory.

Also, assuming Oozquitoes are the reason for all mutants here, with that logic, why is Splinter a rat? Why is Meat Sweats a pig? Why can't all the mutants be the exact same animal?
Old 04-14-2018, 08:17 PM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If they were all humans they all wouldn't become different Turtles.
Sure they could. It would probably be done in some rather forced kind of way, but interacting with different turtle species (or being experimented on with the DNA of different ones) isn't an unreasonable speculation were it going in that direction...

I don't think this version is making them human (though lord knows it may well be done someday), but even still the different species thing still kind of has to be a bit forced in how those species would even end up together.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:02 AM   #14
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I'm intrigued by your theory, Unworthy tinker!

I've always wondered if a version that's similar to the one you described will ever come to fruition. Specifically, I've pondered about the prospect of giving the Turtles' a more ... complex and complicate origin.

Maybe, I'm interested in it's potential (a more in-depth overlook of the Turtles' backstory). Maybe, I'm just curious in it's effect/affect on the plot.

Either way, that's an interesting head-canon!
Old 04-23-2018, 06:38 PM   #15
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I'm starting to doubt that Leo will take the role of leadership by the end of Season one.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:55 PM   #16
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
I'm starting to doubt that Leo will take the role of leadership by the end of Season one.
I was always sure that he will never take over that position permanently. Maybe there will be an episode where Raph is heavily injured and Leo is the one to take over, but other than that I'm sure that Leader Raph is here to stay.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:46 AM   #17
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I think Leo will become leader, they emphasized he is not ready to be leader YET at the toy presentation
Old 04-24-2018, 08:04 AM   #18
KillCrites
Thug

I'm certain that the Turtles will at least get their classic weapons by the end of season one.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:33 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

They all pretty much have their classic weapons besides Raph who has tonfa instead of sai's. Mikey will probably switch off between nunchuck and his weapon like he did in the 2012 series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:21 AM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Hopefully Raph stays the leader for the entire series, only hinting that Leo will take over in the last episode whenever the series comes to an end.

Hopefully the Origami ninja are just that and in no way related to Shredder and the Foot.

Hopefully whenever Bebop and Rocksteady appear in season 3 or whatever (cause they most likely will) they're both white, both black or Asian or whatever. Just to piss Cubed off.

Hell, bring in Sachs as Baron's financial backer. Go full circle. Make this the Anti-Cubed TMNT show. Watch him complain and flame it up for a few months, and the later say it's the most perfect show ever and something is wrong with you if you don't agree. Then wait til like... 2023 or so where he announces ever year he marathons this entire series once a year, Sachs and all.

But seriously though, let's hope they go the routes of the 80's cartoon in the sense that it's all new stories and all new settings. We really don't need the Return to New York story re-told for the 4th time.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote