The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-10-2018, 01:59 PM   #41
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Even though Pixel Dan reviewed one of these figures, he does not own that figure. The Raphael Rise figure he reviewed came from a Nickelodeon contest that my friend won. He allowed Pixel Dan to borrow it for the review. I'm not sure if the prototype figures that went out for the contest differ from these SDCC exclusive versions. I'm guessing not.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:08 PM   #42
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
Even though Pixel Dan reviewed one of these figures, he does not own that figure. The Raphael Rise figure he reviewed came from a Nickelodeon contest that my friend won. He allowed Pixel Dan to borrow it for the review. I'm not sure if the prototype figures that went out for the contest differ from these SDCC exclusive versions. I'm guessing not.
Hopefully Pixel Dan has all four on the way to him and will be posting a video soon. Or perhaps he will have them at SDCC if he is attending this year.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:18 PM   #43
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Agree that you'd think widely known reviewers that help promote it would get all four. Esp since these took them little more effort than it does to make what will be going on the shelves.

If they were, say, painted cast metal figures I could understand more.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:37 PM   #44
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The 2012 Toy Fair Exclusives was a bit different though. They where hand-outs to TF attendees and besides the painted weapons (and Mikey's freckles) the paintjob was slight drybrush to highlight the sculpts, it's not like they had painted wraps and the retails did not.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:32 PM   #45
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The 2012 Toy Fair Exclusives was a bit different though. They where hand-outs to TF attendees and besides the painted weapons (and Mikey's freckles) the paintjob was slight drybrush to highlight the sculpts, it's not like they had painted wraps and the retails did not.
You mean when instead of this:

We got this:

Again, at least this time we're getting the option to get the first option instead of only a few lucky "influencers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
What’s really sad is influencers/reviewers work hard putting in many hours. And usually have brand loyalty. And care about the products.

Folks such as Pixel Dan. Yet they get one $30 dollar figure? Not to criticize a freebie but it probably cost Playmates $1 to make.

At least give all four figures to the influencers/reviewers. Imagine all that effort for a $30 figure. Playmates is almost taking advantage of the influencers/reviewers.
Most of those influencers are just shills and as much as I like PixelDan he shills hard and is rarely negative. They get plenty of free crap so they are definitely not being taken advantage of.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:39 PM   #46
super curry max
Hench Mutant

When are these available
Old 07-10-2018, 07:00 PM   #47
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Is that first Mikey what was given out? See that's more like what I've been thinking that these 'Rise' ones should have been like, with better detailed paint, not just stock photo paint apps.

The Rise figures might actually look kind of awesome, and been a bit more worth that $30, given that sort of paint job.

Look forward to maybe seeing that repainters can do similarly with them.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:16 PM   #48
Vundi
Hench Mutant

The design of these turtles is awful. I'm all about new interpretations and supporting the franchise but I'm just not a fan of any of the character designs for this series. I may pick up the four turtles at retail but can't imagine getting anymore from the line. If these were 20 bucks each I'd try to score a set but at 30...no thanks.
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:40 AM   #49
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
You mean when instead of this:
http://comicsalliance.com/files/2012...modernmike.jpg
We got this:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1000_.jpg

Again, at least this time we're getting the option to get the first option instead of only a few lucky "influencers.
Lol, no. Not even close. That's the promotional figure with double jointed knees, they've never been released.

This is how the Toy Fair 2012 figures looked like.

By all means. It's nice that the TMNT Instagram spring cleaning giveaway prize figures are now available to be bought for those who did not win a early Rise figure, but the price tag is still comically high for so little extra like painted weapons and getting the turtle markings that should have been essential from the get go.

But, maybe that fancy velvet box is worth like $15-$10, and they have to recoup the loss of giving out the first batch of Rise figures with correct paint job so why not charge the amount NECA does for their SDCC movie figures
Old 07-11-2018, 06:59 AM   #50
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I hope every TMNT "fan"/"collector" has the same negative attitude about these figures...because then there should be plenty left over for me to score on eBay at a more reasonable markup!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:51 AM   #51
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

why can't neca, goodsmile, or SH figuarts make a set That would be worth $30 a piece.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:02 AM   #52
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The SDCC neca movie set is $125, that's $31.25 per figure
Old 07-11-2018, 08:25 AM   #53
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
The SDCC neca movie set is $125, that's $31.25 per figure
for a better quality figure, that you buy all in a set in one go. That's waiting in one line.

If you can get into the Nickelodeon line, and to the front of it before their caps for the day, you're not guaranteed the ability to buy all 4 figures.
Because someone may only want one, I'm someone may only have the money to buy one.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:10 AM   #54
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Here are images of all the Playmates SDCC exclusive figures in their packaging:

http://thegeekiary.com/turtles-exclu...res-tmnt/53968
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:50 AM   #55
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Interesting, they're not coming in the velvet packaging.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #56
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not too bad of a presentation at least, though personally I'd have decided against going with green guys on a green background so they would stand out more if displayed open box flap like that.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #57
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

The packaging is very nice, I'll give them that.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #58
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I am always willing to help anyone overseas, but only a small percentage of people in this community ever take me up on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I have had one inquiry, but most people in this community only want to pay actual price + actual shipping and I am trying to run a business here.
Quote:
Lol, no. Not even close. That's the promotional figure with double jointed knees, they've never been released.

This is how the Toy Fair 2012 figures looked like.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BziP1myeon...1600/MTVT1.jpg

By all means. It's nice that the TMNT Instagram spring cleaning giveaway prize figures are now available to be bought for those who did not win a early Rise figure, but the price tag is still comically high for so little extra like painted weapons and getting the turtle markings that should have been essential from the get go.

But, maybe that fancy velvet box is worth like $15-$10, and they have to recoup the loss of giving out the first batch of Rise figures with correct paint job so why not charge the amount NECA does for their SDCC movie figures
So the ones they sent people were the same crappy figures only with painted weapons? I didn't mean to misinform people, I thought it was the original shown ones, I remember being very bitter about it.

Still it's nice to have the option even if the price is outrageous.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:00 PM   #59
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
The packaging is very nice, I'll give them that.
Unless I missed something all the packaging consists of is the logo printed on a black box.

I guess it’s sort of nice. But when compared to the NECA packaging it is nothing.

I actually prefer my packaging to have a little more happening. I even prefer the basic release cards with the card art over a black box and logo print. However each to their own.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:09 PM   #60
Ninjinister
無問題

I wouldn't hate an actual better figure for $30 but these are just the paintjobs they showed off in promotional images as what's supposed to be showing up in stores for $10, but in a nifty box.

I'm not mad but I'm also not interested.