The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-16-2018, 12:46 PM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Clarissa Explains It All Reboot in the Works with Melissa Joan Hart

The Hollywood Reporter brings word that a Clarissa Explains It All reboot with original lead Melissa Joan Hart is in early development at Nickelodeon.

Melissa Joan Hart would be reprising her role as Clarissa Darling, but as a mom to her own family. Her return to the show would also see her as an executive producer under her Hartbreak Films production copmany. Mitchell Kriegman, creator of the original show, is in negotiations to serve as writer and executive producer for the revival.

Clarissa Explains It All aired from 1991 to 1994 on Nickelodeon, showing 65 episodes over five seasons. The teen comedy told the story of precocious, sarcastic Clarissa who would break the fourth wall to directly address the audience about her travails in her typical teenage life.

This news follows the February THR interview with Hart where the actress expressed interest in going back to Clarissa Explains It All. Hart mentioned the reboot of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, another beloved 90’s Nickelodeon show that she starred in, which is currently being produced by Netflix and will be starring Kiernan Shipka (Mad Men).

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/93...IljkM2xOvRy.99

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:06 PM   #2
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I wonder who will have the fourth wall-breaking powers now, Clarissa or her daughter
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:29 PM   #3
sdp
-

I don't know, the original show worked but it's a product of its time, unsure if it can be replicated. There are plenty of other shows that have tons of potential for revivals but I guess the success of the "new" generations of full house a la Fuller House and Girl Meets World meant this got greenlit instead.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I used to love that show. I fell in love with her.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:52 PM   #5
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

What was that other show from this era, about the girl with Capri Sun powers she got in a freak accident?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:23 PM   #6
sdp
-

The Secret World of Alex Mack, but that one came out later in the 90s. Also a great show and it actually had an ending. I was definitely in love with Clarissa era Melissa Joan Heart and Larissa Oleynik(?) back as a kid.

Since we're going down memory lane on more obscure shows, anyone remember The Mystery Files of Shelby Wu? I absolutely loved that show as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8281/7...de613ff077.jpg

Wouldn't you have been too old for her?
Old 03-16-2018, 04:56 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Wouldn't you have been too old for her?
How? She's like 5 years older than me.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:02 PM   #8
sdp
-

Oh, wow, she's old, I both thought you were much older and she was much younger as well.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:13 PM   #9
Shark_Blade
Emperor

So it's a story about her as a mother now? Not sure how it'll relate to kids but she seems nice.

Also Blues Clues is getting new 20 episodes.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:45 PM   #10
sdp
-

Yeah, the Blues Clues show is going to incorporate Augmented Reality in it so I'm guessing you'll be able to help the new "steve" with a tablet, I think that's a neat idea even if I don't think I'd let my kid have a tablet that young since Blues Clues skews younger than Sesame Street I think.

Also, why is this being called a reboot instead of a continuation? Sabrina is definitely a reboot but not this unless there was a new Clarissa and Melissa Joan Hart was the mother of Clarissa.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:10 AM   #11
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Never liked the original.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:24 PM   #12
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8281/7...de613ff077.jpg

Yup, I know the feeling. Wasn't cool to admit it though, when I was in 6th grade. At least not at my middle school.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:21 PM   #13
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Yup, I know the feeling. Wasn't cool to admit it though, when I was in 6th grade. At least not at my middle school.
Are you saying it wasn't cool to like the show, or to think Melissa Joan Hart was attractive? I was in the sixth grade when the show started out, and I'd watch the show, and I also thought she was hot. I don't think anyone in my school would have taken an issue with that. I only watched it sparingly after its first season though.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:39 PM   #14
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Also, why is this being called a reboot instead of a continuation? Sabrina is definitely a reboot but not this unless there was a new Clarissa and Melissa Joan Hart was the mother of Clarissa.
Yeah. It's not a reboot since Melissa is reprising the role...except she's now a mom.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:35 PM   #15
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

I want a reboot/continuation of Are you afraid of the dark. That would be sweetest! My older sister really loved Clarissa and I have fond memories of watching it with her even if I was not super in to it., This could be good.

I wonder if salute your shorts could get a reboot. I was a little more into that.

I loved the secret world of Alex Mack, and who remembers space cases? I liked that girl with the rainbow hair and sonic scream, and hey Zack the black ranger was in it.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:43 PM   #16
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I want a reboot/continuation of Are you afraid of the dark.
Why though? I mean I loved AYAotD but at the end of the day they're children's horror stories. I can re-watch and enjoy it because of nostalgia but if I wanted to watch new stories I"d just watch something more for my age.

The show had plenty of new "generations" after the original series we all knew and loved.

It's not like the original show had tons of recurring characters besides the original kids who did show up in the later seasons as guest characters for nostalgia to blind away kids horror stories. I just don't think horror is a genre where nostalgia goggles can blind you from knowing it's not meant for you.

Now if you mean come back for a new generation and that you won't care to watch it then, sure it should happen.

Quote:

I wonder if salute your shorts could get a reboot. I was a little more into that.
That show is even more 90s that Clarissa, it would never work unless it became like those new age senseless comedies for kids now which is in no way like the original so why not just make a new show?

I think even Clarissa has more potential than Salute your shows.

I'm not against revivals, I'm a nostalgia junkie like the many but some properties just don't make sense to reboot. A new Rugrats cartoon? Sure. A new Salute your shorts show? no way.

Unless they make a special made specifically for those kids who loved the show, that's the only way it would work.

[/QUOTE]
I loved the secret world of Alex Mack, and who remembers space cases? I liked that girl with the rainbow hair and sonic scream, and hey Zack the black ranger was in it.[/QUOTE]

I was a huge Power Rangers fan as a kid and never noticed the main character was Zack, I must've been blind

Alex Mack was indeed great as mentioned, I need to rewatch that, haven't ever done it since I was a kid.

Space Cases I did re-watch a few years ago and it's awesome, yeah, it's sci-fi for kids but it works. This show should've been far more successful and more kid friendly sci-fi shows should exist.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:19 AM   #17
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Cool. I hope both Clarissa and her daughter are the focus and break the fourth wall. Like show the stories from both perspectives of a kid and parent.

The cast once appeared on Nick Arcade.

That show should return. I’m surprised it hasn’t with how advanced games have gotten. It’s a perfect show to revive.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:14 AM   #18
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Are you saying it wasn't cool to like the show, or to think Melissa Joan Hart was attractive? I was in the sixth grade when the show started out, and I'd watch the show, and I also thought she was hot. I don't think anyone in my school would have taken an issue with that. I only watched it sparingly after its first season though.
To be honest, I'd say both. It might've just been my particular school. But in 6th grade, you didn't dare say that you either watched the show, or found Clarissa/Melissa to be hot.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:35 AM   #19
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
To be honest, I'd say both. It might've just been my particular school. But in 6th grade, you didn't dare say that you either watched the show, or found Clarissa/Melissa to be hot.
It never occurred to me to mention that I watched the show at school when I was in sixth grade. At the time, that was the highest grade the school went up to. So I was at a different school when I got to seventh grade. There was a sixth grader there who once made a joke to me in reference to the show. So either he watched it, or just knew enough about the show. Having watched it myself, I didn't judge him. That just wasn't my style, even if I did have objections.

I swear some kids can be such bitches.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:44 AM   #20
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

This could be very very interesting.
I'm intrigued, especially if they get Sam back.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote