The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-02-2018, 02:41 AM   #841
Papenbrook
Channeling Inner-Donnie

These are awesome hairstyles!

Spoiler:

Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:40 AM   #842
wpugh2424
Stone Warrior

The bottom one is pretty rockin
Old 07-02-2018, 04:34 PM   #843
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When you're a bad conversationalist and your mom's old friends from several states away are, unknown to you, in the area visiting people and show up at your door and you have to somehow do your best to entertain them for 40 min until your mom actually gets home. Haven't seen them in years, haven't seen them all that many times in life beyond the age of 10 (after they moved so far away), so there's only so much I can talk/ask about personally... (Lord it's lucky I even recognized them at the age they are. The voices helped.)

And mom's friend had survived an aneurysm years ago, plus a stroke years later, so she's not entirely all there all the time and occasionally has episodes and zones out... so of course this happens (and it's rather strange) during the couple of minutes her husband had gone to the car to get his phone. Spooky... I had no idea what the heck was even happening.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:55 AM   #844
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

is it possible at all to win that stupid little 'guess the number' bonus game in 'Fall of the Foot Clan' ? it's such an odd thing that I all but forgot about it until re rediscovering it recently during a playthrough.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:44 PM   #845
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Apparently even a wasp has the ability to make you feel sorry for it...

Normally I don't have much sympathy for flying, stinging things that are known to go from neutral to most pissed thing in the world in half a second flat (esp those damn yellow jackets).

Noticed something on a kitchen window screen yesterday, figured it was from a bird. Today I noticed it a little looked bigger... Then I saw a mud wasp show up, apparently working on a nest on our damn screen. >.> Um, how about no?

As neat as that might have been to have a view of a mud wasp nest just outside a window, we don't need it right there and that screen already has a tear that the weight of it would probably worsen.

So after she left I opened the window and sprayed it through the screen with wasp spray.

At least it was early in her work so she didn't have too much effort wasted. But I still felt kind of bad when I saw her come back with her little tiny ball of mud in her front feet, hovering around, touching the start of her nest and the screen only a couple times, no doubt wondering what the heck just happened while she was gone.

I know many might have just sprayed it while she was there and killed her too, but... Eh, I'm too nice, and she's not trying to bother anyone and isn't as bad as those yellow jackets, I'd rather just discourage her and let her go choose hopefully a better location.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:20 PM   #846
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

80s song 'you dropped a bomb on me' you can hear an altered version of the technodrome sound effect in the background. or at least it sounds like it.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:14 AM   #847
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

We have this pretty little card at one of my stores I cover. It's one of only a small number of Spanish cards, with the little cardboard/thick paper piece behind them identifying what kind of cards they are in Spanish instead.

In this case however, these are BLANK cards, there is NO language on/in them.

Wouldn't it make more sense just for ALL of the blank cards to point out their blankness in both languages? lol
Old 08-03-2018, 01:02 PM   #848
Papenbrook
Channeling Inner-Donnie

Yesterday, my mama-ma turned fifty years-old.

Today, as a twenty year-old, I'm feeling extremely old. I'm feeling as though I should be younger. Like, I should be five years younger.

It's quite a shame that I'm currently feeling like this.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:04 PM   #849
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh don't we all. But for some of us maybe add an extra ten years to that.

But, in a related random thought, I'd rather be the age I am now instead of a century or two ago, when today we're still allowed to still enjoy some "young" things. At least to a reasonable extent. No one has to get legit old until nature forces it.

A friend and I, at 39 and 40, having fun lately jumping back into Wizard 101? Darn right.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:21 PM   #850
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Lol at least now I know I'm in good company while I dive head-first into Love Nikki.... Yes, I play a dress-up game on my phone. Don't judge me for my fashion sense....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:20 PM   #851
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Do orb weavers love cars in general, or is it mostly just mine?

My annually 'required' spider has shown up. Possibly the second if this isn't the same one from last week... that smaller one might not have stayed on board through the drive to the store since it decided the remains of its web was more important than hunkering down in a corner. This larger one passed the test. (And was considerate enough to choose the passenger side for once so I can open my window without fear of getting a spider on my head.)

Update: I'm a little sad that she died for some reason. Was fine yesterday, even after the car ride. This morning... hanging by a leg from her web. She was a big one though, maybe it was just age.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-07-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:12 PM   #852
Papenbrook
Channeling Inner-Donnie

These dresses are so cute!

Spoiler:

Old 08-08-2018, 07:46 PM   #853
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Lol I think I have both of those in my collection on that game!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:13 PM   #854
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Do some people who respond to customer questions on Amazon believe they personally are being asked?

And there were quite a few of them for the gel seat cushion I was looking at. Just a few of the many examples:

Quote:
Question: do you have to refrigerate the gel? how do they become cool?
Answer: I don't use this item at all, sorry

Question: What is the difference between the 34.99 pad an the 29.99? No one has ever given a clear answer. Is one better than the other?
Answer: I really don’t know. It was a gift.

Question: What is the difference between the 18x16 and the xtra comfort series that is $29.99?
Answer: I don't know

Question: Could one say that this is comparable or better than the wondergel cushions?
Answer: Don't know never tried the wondergel

Question: will this fit a 16x16 wheelchair
Answer: I do not know. This purchase was not for me.
I don't get it, why do they bother? lol

And the second and third askers were right, I couldn't find any info either on the difference, not even the dimensions (or any other separate/specific info) of the cheaper one. Would have been nice for someone to comment with actual info on it.

8/20 - Popular or not, I'm a little disturbed by the existence of "banana ketchup." Few things are as disturbing as a food disguising itself as another food and not tasting like said food. I could see how the actual concoction might be good, but why... just why do they dye it to look like ketchup and put it in ketchup-like bottles?? This scares the picky eater in me.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-20-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:07 PM   #855
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I just realized how much more fvcked up Bambi would be if it were made in the BoJack Horseman universe..

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:44 PM   #856
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The joy of a leather covered steering wheel that feels nice and sticky due to heavy rains over the weekend and continued rainy and humid conditions. Yuck.

Add to it that there is also either bits of the leather or maybe grime coming off of it while sticky, AND a scattering of glitter from the greeting cards I handle for work now stuck to it... >.>

Not as bad today, but still a little tacky. Even the plastic part where the horn is was damp yesterday morning. Wish the weather was better to leave the windows open and let it all dry out. Humidity is bad enough that you'd have thought I'd left the windows open during the rain, it's so damp feeling in my car. (Probably largely due to being a soft top Jeep.)

With more rain expected and that hurricane no doubt to bring remnants up this way at some point, I don't presume this will be better anytime soon...

As for the grime and glitter... any car guys (or girls) able to suggest a good leather interior cleaner?
Old 09-12-2018, 05:49 AM   #857
Papenbrook
Channeling Inner-Donnie

I wish that I were bigger.

I could get all of the cute clothing then.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:23 PM   #858
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Megan Fox to feature in Korean War Movie ‘Jangsa-ri’ are not words I'd have ever expected in the same sentence/headline.

Quote:
Fox will play the role of Marguerite Higgins, A New York Herald Tribune war correspondent, who covered the Korean War and called on the international community for assistance.
I guess they missed TMNT 2014 and her work as April.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:03 PM   #859
frank_one
Hench Mutant

They probably missed her whole career.