The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-21-2017, 10:52 PM   #681
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
After watching Wanted: B&R, I'm suddenly WAY more interested in the 80's costume B&R figures. Think I'll try to pick 'em up when they start showing up in stores and replace their crummy recycled weapons with some spare Loyal Subjects gear that I've acquired in my search for Slash.
I saw new Bebop figure for the Wanted: B&R in my local Target and decided against getting him. He's just the Nick Bebop we got before repainted to look like the 80s Bebop and a turtle shell glued on one shoulder as the only new thing added.

I wish I could find a Muck Man or Usagi around here, but I'm guessing they're this toyline's version of 'Scratch'.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:21 PM   #682
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Tokka got an answer regarding the SDCC Usagi Set

no reissues, #Nickelodeon licencing specifically limited this set to just 300+. That's all we are getting ever. #Scalpers win ..#TMNTfans & #UsagiYojimboFans loose. I'm so sorry, guys. I tried so hard ro stay on top of this and advocate for this.

From his Instagram.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:38 PM   #683
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Found 5/6 of the Monster Turtles (no Monster Hunter Raph) and 80s Rocksteady at Meijer tonight. Also on the back of Rocksteady is 80s Leo in trenchcoat sorta like the old undercover Turtles.

It's a shame this line is ending, because these figures have more detail and paint deco than a lot of the previous Turtle variants. And Teen Wolf Mikey might be my favorite figure in the line.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1 (7).jpg (97.0 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by useasneeded4pain; 09-22-2017 at 11:43 PM.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:40 PM   #684
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Kinda wish Playmates would have done figures from the Mad Max Episode. I love future Raph
Old 09-23-2017, 12:14 AM   #685
Ninjinister
無問題

I thought there was going to be an 80s Raph too?
Old 09-23-2017, 01:29 AM   #686
Hero
British Bloke

Aren't the Road Rebel/Rebel Road figures based on the finale?

Playmates said those are on hold.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:30 AM   #687
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Aren't the Road Rebel/Rebel Road figures based on the finale?

Playmates said those are on hold.
Did we ever even get a look at those?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:39 AM   #688
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Tokka got an answer regarding the SDCC Usagi Set

no reissues, #Nickelodeon licencing specifically limited this set to just 300+. That's all we are getting ever. #Scalpers win ..#TMNTfans & #UsagiYojimboFans loose. I'm so sorry, guys. I tried so hard ro stay on top of this and advocate for this.

From his Instagram.
that sucks, the one sdcc exclusive they make that's worth getting is impossible to get at a fair price.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:21 AM   #689
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Did we ever even get a look at those?
Spoiler:

Only the promotional art, assuming we're talking about the Road Warriors figures. They kind of look like they could be easily retooled from the Super Shredder turtles so that might make it more likely that Playmates will release them that way, if they get made at all.

Speaking of retools, is that all we're going to get of the bad guys from the final season? Tiger Claw, Bebop, and Rocksteady are it so far. Kavaxas, zombie Shredder, and Jei all made it to the prototype stage but we don't have any indication that any of them will end up being released at this point.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:23 AM   #690
Powder
So tired of this place

Ah, so those have zero connection to the finale beyond the namesake being a vague reference to a Mad Max-like theme. No loss if they're shelved.

To answer your question, as far as we know, that's it. The playmates rep at SDCC told Pixeldan the line was done, in a video interview he gave.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:24 AM   #691
DVD
Mad Scientist

Taking a new stance with my Turtles. I’m breaking them out of their boxes.

I do like the look of these monster figures. In mean time in chasing the Samurais.
I located a Donnie, and I of course have Raph and Usagi.

Enjoying displaying these figures out of their packs.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:02 AM   #692
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

http://bloody-disgusting.com/toys/34...ime-halloween/

saw this on my facebook. - seeing they're already coming out, i guess i'll check my targets and walmarts. from what i saw in a toy review on youtube, i forget the channle name, the figures look very well articulated and surprisingly painted. save for their claws. still, no biggy as i plan to coat them with a glow in the dark gel. i gotta tell ya i've never been more excited for TMNT figures since the first wave.

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:40 AM   #693
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

I was randomly searching online and noticed my local Target said Muckman was available to purchase in store, however...he was not available to purchase or reserve online. I immediately called up my store and the employee asked for the "DPCI" number, meaning the number designated to that particular store. The guy looked everywhere for me and came up with the theory that the entire line utilizes that number. Needless to say, I was pretty bummed...but not all that surprised, lol.

However, I did manage to score a decently priced set of the Monsters vs. Mutants set of four monster turtle figures. I HATE resorting to that, but with it being a busy season for me at work, I don't have the time to keep running out to Toys r Us, Walmart and Target to continue seeing disappointing depleted racks. I love the thrill of the hunt, but I just didn't want for these guys to end up like Muckman. I paid $50 for the 4, which included shipping. They are indeed worth that much to me.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:00 AM   #694
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
I was randomly searching online and noticed my local Target said Muckman was available to purchase in store, however...he was not available to purchase or reserve online. I immediately called up my store and the employee asked for the "DPCI" number, meaning the number designated to that particular store. The guy looked everywhere for me and came up with the theory that the entire line utilizes that number. Needless to say, I was pretty bummed...but not all that surprised, lol.

However, I did manage to score a decently priced set of the Monsters vs. Mutants set of four monster turtle figures. I HATE resorting to that, but with it being a busy season for me at work, I don't have the time to keep running out to Toys r Us, Walmart and Target to continue seeing disappointing depleted racks. I love the thrill of the hunt, but I just didn't want for these guys to end up like Muckman. I paid $50 for the 4, which included shipping. They are indeed worth that much to me.
Congrats on scoring the monster figs. And your not the first or last to be fooled by Target's notoriously misleading online system.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #695
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

If anyone is still struggling to find the regular Usagi figure, check JC Penneys. I know it sounds unlikely, but I've literally seen him there at 3 different locations in the past 2 weeks. It's also the only place to date that I've ever seen him at retail. I got my original one back in June thanks to a friend on IG who found him at their Target. I did buy an extra at JC Penneys recently to keep carded but left 2 behind at other stores. Keep looking, he's still out there!
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:51 AM   #696
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post

Target’s DPCI for the TMNT line all link back to the same assortment. Their website even had the unreleased Ice Cream Kitty pack listed for awhile (it might still be on there) using the same DPCI as the other figures.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:21 PM   #697
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Reptile View Post
If anyone is still struggling to find the regular Usagi figure, check JC Penneys. I know it sounds unlikely, but I've literally seen him there at 3 different locations in the past 2 weeks. It's also the only place to date that I've ever seen him at retail. I got my original one back in June thanks to a friend on IG who found him at their Target. I did buy an extra at JC Penneys recently to keep carded but left 2 behind at other stores. Keep looking, he's still out there!
USAGI IS GONE-Thanks!

Last edited by Coro; 10-06-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:23 AM   #698
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Congrats on scoring the monster figs. And your not the first or last to be fooled by Target's notoriously misleading online system.
Thanks! Plus yeah, I bet. I was skeptical they had a Muckman to begin with...but I had to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by useasneeded4pain View Post
Target’s DPCI for the TMNT line all link back to the same assortment. Their website even had the unreleased Ice Cream Kitty pack listed for awhile (it might still be on there) using the same DPCI as the other figures.
I can only imagine how many fans had their hopes dashed by this DPCI system, haha. Seeing the "In Stock" made my heart jump slightly. Still, I had that feeling it was most likely too good to be true.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:34 AM   #699
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I'm having some real strugs turning up those 80's figures. Monsters finally started coming out of my ears but no dice on 80's. Monster Hunters are also elusive. This is the situation deep in the midwest.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:40 AM   #700
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Absolutely zippo in eastern thru central Maryland and northern Virginia.

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, playmates bashing