Notices

Old 05-19-2020, 03:04 AM   #121
bwwd
Hench Mutant

This is amazing to hear once again
Old 05-19-2020, 10:14 AM   #122
AquaParade
Banned

That's awesome of them to do. Putting themselves out there for the fans.

At the same time, it feels like they think I might be six years old.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:06 PM   #123
bwwd
Hench Mutant

I am ! old man
Old 05-20-2020, 07:42 PM   #124
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

I’m torn as I want this to be the biggest event ever so companies see how much interest and love there is for the 1990 film.

Last edited by Turnstone; 05-21-2020 at 08:28 AM.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:52 PM   #125
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

No one is talking is about this after it just aired? It’s been 2 hours since it started and I still have the blank stream up in an empty chat room. Always the last fan to leave.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:09 PM   #126
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
No one is talking is about this after it just aired? It’s been 2 hours since it started and I still have the blank stream up in an empty chat room. Always the last fan to leave.
I thought it was great!
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:15 PM   #127
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Awesome to see Elias make a quick appearance. Wish it had more behind the scenes pulp. Cool to see Elias flash the Casey mask. He says he just feels like he’s the temporary keeper of it (until I broker it from him). Wish the original turtle voice actors would have been there plus the Shredder voice actor.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:10 PM   #128
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, as far as "things I shouldn't care about but do", it was nice to confirm that Elias has love for the film, after hearing he didn't want to license him image out for Neca. All good in my book.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:39 PM   #129
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Yeah, as far as "things I shouldn't care about but do", it was nice to confirm that Elias has love for the film, after hearing he didn't want to license him image out for Neca. All good in my book.
After hearing Michael Rosenbaum talk about how his "friends" used to jam the "Smallville' Lex Luthor action figures up their butts to taunt him, I kind of understand why some people have trepidation about being immortalized in plastic.

Like Best Case, you collect dust on a shelf. Middle Case, you get to dry hump someone's Barbies. Worst Case, someone's jamming you in their rectum as a gag.

I can understand why it would be uncomfortable for some people on an existential level.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:13 PM   #130
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
After hearing Michael Rosenbaum talk about how his "friends" used to jam the "Smallville' Lex Luthor action figures up their butts to taunt him, I kind of understand why some people have trepidation about being immortalized in plastic.

Like Best Case, you collect dust on a shelf. Middle Case, you get to dry hump someone's Barbies. Worst Case, someone's jamming you in their rectum as a gag.

I can understand why it would be uncomfortable for some people on an existential level.
Definitely. Just the idea of someone owning some type of image of you is a weird thought.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:21 AM   #131
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Well, BEST case is that your likeness and your role are immortalized to some degree. But that's a pretty terrible worst case you've laid out right there...
Old 05-24-2020, 02:53 PM   #132
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, yes, obviously the very idea of being "immortalized" in itself is something of a gift. But even then, your "immortal" likeness is 90% likely to just sit on a shelf collecting dust. If Toy Story has taught us anything, it's that that's not necessarily that awesome!

I'unno, I'd love my own action figure. But then, when I was a kid, my TMNT figures used to take turns running a train on Futura (from Filmation's "Ghostbusters") so maybe I'm not the right person to ask.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:29 PM   #133
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

I was able to watch the TMNT (1990) 30th Anniversary stream on YouTube last night and I absolutely loved it. I first just want to thank EVERYONE involved with making that happened and had anything to do with it both onscreen or off. I wasn't really sure what to expect even with the few trailers for this event but I really enjoyed it.

It was amazing to see that many important people responsible for making the movie happen on this cel(shell)ebration. (I had to ) I even saw some of these people for the very first time. For instance, I don't think I'd ever seen John Du Prez before even though I love his soundtrack for the movie. It's a soundtrack that is ingrained into my brain. Everyone did a great job with the table read too. I'm almost glad they didn't do the Raph/Splinter talk toward the beginning of the movie because I might have let loose more than a few tears on that one. And it was a great surprise to see Elias at the end. Well played. And he's still my all time favorite Casey.

Thanks to everyone again for this event in these different times we find ourselves living in. Thanks to Judith for hosting as well. I hope to see any and all of you at a future Comic Con whenever that may be. Loved it. Thanks. And Cowabunga!
Old 05-25-2020, 05:04 AM   #134
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I'unno, I'd love my own action figure. But then, when I was a kid, my TMNT figures used to take turns running a train on Futura (from Filmation's "Ghostbusters") so maybe I'm not the right person to ask.
That's a kind of honor, I suppose...
Old 05-25-2020, 06:15 AM   #135
Leo656
The Franchise

I didn't have an April. I didn't have any other female action figures at the time besides Futura, so she was "on deck". Even as a kid I understood that boys like girls and boy Turtles have needs after kicking Shredder's ass all Saturday morning. So Futura, being a time-traveler, would assist the Turtles on their occasional time-traveling adventures, and in return, well... ahem.

I also didn't have a Sewer Lair playset, so the Ghostbusters would let the Turtles crash at the Firehouse while they were out catching ghosts and whatnot. Hah, if only they knew the sh*t that went on upstairs, I doubt they'd have been so cool with the idea. Or maybe they would've. I'unno. I didn't have a Janine figure, either.

Pretty sure everybody does that kinda stuff, right?

Old 05-25-2020, 06:36 AM   #136
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I didn't have an April. I didn't have any other female action figures at the time besides Futura, so she was "on deck". Even as a kid I understood that boys like girls and boy Turtles have needs after kicking Shredder's ass all Saturday morning. So Futura, being a time-traveler, would assist the Turtles on their occasional time-traveling adventures, and in return, well... ahem.

I also didn't have a Sewer Lair playset, so the Ghostbusters would let the Turtles crash at the Firehouse while they were out catching ghosts and whatnot. Hah, if only they knew the sh*t that went on upstairs, I doubt they'd have been so cool with the idea. Or maybe they would've. I'unno. I didn't have a Janine figure, either.

Pretty sure everybody does that kinda stuff, right?
Cave Woman April and Mona Lisa definitely kept the boys company...
Old 05-27-2020, 03:27 AM   #137
bwwd
Hench Mutant

you guys are strange, i get being a kid and curiosity but reality is anyone can take our pics and d whatever, if youre going to cry over it its up to you.
Id say that wasnt the reason.PRobably $.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:58 PM   #138
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Watched the reunion video "live" when it was first shown last week on YouTube. The video was online for a while after that, but it seems to be taken offline.

I understood that here are to be more of these video's coming later. Anyone know why last week's video is gone now?
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:26 AM   #139
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
Watched the reunion video "live" when it was first shown last week on YouTube. The video was online for a while after that, but it seems to be taken offline.

I understood that here are to be more of these video's coming later. Anyone know why last week's video is gone now?
Just noticed that the video announcement for the anniversary events (with Judith Hoag) was also deleted (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcuWGM2nGy0).
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:32 AM   #140
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Nooooo! Does anyone have the reunion backed up?
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote