The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 05-28-2017, 11:21 PM   #10041
chrisdude
Foot Elite

I feel like there's got to be a Metroid announcement. With no Wii U game, my hope is that they held it back when they realize they couldn't save the console. I'm not even a Metroid fan, I'm just tired of hearing people talk about it. I have to think there's at least one big game they've saved for E3.

Same thing for Animal Crossing, except I want that.

Everyone talks about Pokémon Stars, but I just can't imagine The Pokémon Company not putting that game on 3DS. Too much money.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:23 AM   #10042
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Every year I hope for some kind of Earthbound related reveal at E3, but there's never anything.
I'll still keep on hoping though.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:26 AM   #10043
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Every year I hope for some kind of Earthbound related reveal at E3, but there's never anything.
I'll still keep on hoping though.
Atleast we will always have Ness in Smash. I especially love the music on the Earthbound stages in Melee.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:40 AM   #10044
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Atleast we will always have Ness in Smash. I especially love the music on the Earthbound stages in Melee.
Yeah, his and Lucas' inclusions are great. Starman and Jeff as assist trophies is really cool too. That Mother music remix is amazing too. But would it kill them to make Ninten a playable character?
Old 05-31-2017, 03:32 PM   #10045
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

That would be entirely unnecessary
Old 05-31-2017, 04:15 PM   #10046
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
That would be entirely unnecessary
I know there are so many similarities between Ninten and Ness, but the original Mother doesn't get much representation.

If not Ninten, Giegue would be epic.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:16 PM   #10047
sdp
-

some of MyNintendo gold coins are expiring this month and i don't know what to spend them on, I have 90 total.

I can get all of the Pikmin 3 DLC, I never played Pikmin 3 but I do own it and I wonder if it's worth it, if I do that I would spend 80 coins but there is a really cute 3DS theme for Yoshi and it's 20 coins so I would be 10 coins off if I get the Pikmin DLC..

I knew it wasn't going to happen but I still hopelessly wished that we would get some type of announcement at E3 regarding the VC and maybe a MyNintendo overhaul, but I guess the best we can hope for is an update in the fall but more likely not until next year..
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:42 PM   #10048
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I'm honestly relieved there isn't a Smash 4 Switch port. We already have a lot of great titles coming out. Don't need Smash stealing their thunder.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #10049
sdp
-

The only reason I'd want a Smash port instead of a sequel is in case we didn't get Pac-Man and Mega Man together again... Other than that I would prefer a sequel even if it takes another 5 years. I guess Nintendo understands Smash is their biggest game and if they release a port they would blow their big franchise in a game that wouldn't sell as well.

I do wish we would get more Wii U ports, as long as Wii U owners had some sort of discount, I still think it's BS what they did with MK8 deluxe, barely any new features, same game, no discount for previous owners, full price.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:26 PM   #10050
The Deadman
Foot Elite

SNES-Style Controller For Nintendo Switch Coming This Year

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:32 PM   #10051
Powder
So tired of this place

Saw that! Pretty cool.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:35 PM   #10052
CyberCubed
Overlord

Good thing about Smash not shown at E3 is it's now less likely just to get a quick port like Mario Kart 8 did and now far more likely to be a sequel with a lot more characters.

What they should do is still port the base Wii-U game to Switch, then just add like 10 new characters and new stages. There's no reason to start from scratch all over again and have to throw everything away now that it's in HD. That way there will no longer be any cuts in the character roster and all the old levels can return.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:23 AM   #10053
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The only reason I'd want a Smash port instead of a sequel is in case we didn't get Pac-Man and Mega Man together again... Other than that I would prefer a sequel even if it takes another 5 years. I guess Nintendo understands Smash is their biggest game and if they release a port they would blow their big franchise in a game that wouldn't sell as well.
Really, Mario Kart is Nintendo's best seller. Then New Super Mario Bros.

I would like to think that Smash is being ported over, but I don't know why they would take so long to announce it. I suppose they could've been afraid of it stepping on ARMS. Or they're taking their time so they can add things. The roster is so big that I don't care about adding to it. But it would be nice if they put all the modes in one game.

If they're making a new game, it'll take forever. Can they even get Sakurai to do another one?
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #10054
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

The series can survive without Sakurai. All he does is whine about how overworked he is all the time, even though he refuses to delegate.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:38 PM   #10055
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
I suppose they could've been afraid of it stepping on ARMS.
That and the fact that the Switch not only has enough fighters (Street Fighter, Arms, Pokken) but enough good games going for it this year. Super Mario Odyssey and Mario+Rabbids look amazing! While it may be too soon for a Smash Bros 5, a port of Smash 4 just doesn't sound all that appealing anymore.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #10056
Turo602
The King of Kings

I really liked the idea those fake leaks had with combining the Wii U version of Smash with the 3DS version. Remastering all the 3DS content to match the console version and maybe add a few new characters like the Inklings, ARMS Fighters, and even Captain Toad, and I'd say it'd be a worthwhile port.

I'd still prefer a brand new version, however, if they don't have any plans for a Smash game anytime soon, why not just give it the "Deluxe" treatment and give some new life to it? Especially since they still have amiibos being released for the game.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:29 PM   #10057
sdp
-

So, all the launch problems of the Switch seem to be isolated incidents right? The few cases made the blog rounds and people thought it was a large problem but ever since then you don't really hear about it which means it was never that common to begin with right? The joycon sync/screen scracting / switch bending/ etc

I've bought many things on launch and only had slightly bad experiences with my Wii and Wii U. My Wii stopped reading doubled layer discs and would crash from time to time. My Wii U crashes even more often than my WIi but besides that things have been fine, maybe a stuck pixel in my DS but got that taken care of.

I almost bought a Switch a few days ago because I found it a little over retail price but I stopped myself. What can I say, I love Nintendo even if they haven't released anything I need to get and are still lacking all the basic features I've complained about before.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:54 AM   #10058
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

I almost bought a Switch a few days ago because I found it a little over retail price but I stopped myself. What can I say, I love Nintendo even if they haven't released anything I need to get and are still lacking all the basic features I've complained about before.
ARMS just came out. It's fun as hell. And Nintendo will be updating it with free DLC fighters and stages for it's entire run.

What other fighter out there gives you free DLC characters? Not even Smash Bros. did that.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:45 PM   #10059
CyberCubed
Overlord

I own 25 games for PS4, and I don't play online shooters, sports games, or most generic EA or Ubisoft games. So no, there's still a lot to play on PS4 even if you're a Nintendo gamer.

Just this year I've bought Horizon, Nioh, Nier: Automata, Resident Evil 7, Yakuza 0, Hitman: The Complete First season, and I'm looking forward to the Crash Collection, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, and The Evil Within 2, among other games in the Fall. I'm not a big RPG guy but we also got Persona 5 recently too.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:56 PM   #10060
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I know there's a lot of good games on PS4, obviously. But even so, I don't play it as much as I played my PS3 back then. The Crash Collection will give me a reason to play on the PS4 more though.