The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > The Technodrome News

Notices

Old 03-16-2004, 01:33 PM   #1
Splinter
Radical Rat

TMNT DVD's: Vol. 7 & 8 Problems

Volume 7 and 8 of the new toon, was released today on DVD and VHS. And there is some missing sections of 3 of the episodes. Just want to get a small word of warning out to those of you that purchase the show on DVD. I don't know if the VHS releases have the same problem. But it's likely.

On TMNT: Volume 7, Return to New York pt. 2 and Return to New York 3 are missing the opening narration and recap of the previous episode before the opening credits. And on Volume 8, Search for Splinter pt. 2 is missing the opening narration and recap of the previous episode before the opening credits.

I suggest that everyone contact Funimation about this, and request that the DVD's be redone to include the openings. Remember to not be rude or insulting in your E-Mails, Calls, or Snail Mail. Just remember to tell them, that even if they are just recaps of the previous episode, they are important to the story.

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 05:26 PM   #2
Utrom
Foot Soldier

I really hope that Funimation will fix this problem and future releases will be better.
Utrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 06:13 PM   #3
cqb101
Cinephile

Thanks for the heads up! I won't buy these until I KNOW I can get the corrected versions. I still haven't bought vol. 5 becuase of the wrong pic on the spine.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:45 PM   #4
Jetter
Random Punk

Are they ever going to get things right? Holy moly.. it's like the compile it the night before, and not 1 person edits it... how can they make so many mistakes... it's not that hard.
Jetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 11:14 PM   #5
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE

Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Quote:
cbq101:: still haven't bought vol. 5 becuase of the wrong pic on the spine.
-->> o' sh6t..thank you,man.. i thought it was just me.. gah..

..the off picture on the spine has been freeking me out.

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:39 PM   #6
Splinter
Radical Rat

Well, it seems that the 'missing intros' are only on the DVD versions. Which is stupid as hell. According to a post by Whitewolf89 in the New TMNT area of the forums, his VHS copy of 'Return to New York' still has the intros.

Old 03-18-2004, 03:12 PM   #7
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

They gotta stop ruining the dvd's.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 07:14 PM   #8
Hamato_Saki
Thug

Not really a problem with the DVD, but...

Vol. 7 and 8 feature "Interview with Peter Laird, Part 7" and "Part 8" (respectively)... isn't this a bit innacurate since there never was a Part 5 or Part 6... or did I miss somethign? They're not on my DVD copies.

As for the cut recaps... purists want EVERY second, i know... but other titles (such as Buffy) have been cutting the recaps from the eps, since you can jump from 1 ep to the next... that way you can jump right into the action without the recap breaking the narrative flow.

Im cool either way... dont mind 'em gone but if people want them there, they should keep them there.
Hamato_Saki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 07:29 PM   #9
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter
Well, it seems that the 'missing intros' are only on the DVD versions. Which is stupid as hell. According to a post by Whitewolf89 in the New TMNT area of the forums, his VHS copy of 'Return to New York' still has the intros.
Yeah, it is. You'd think that the DVDs would be as GOOD as, if NOT better than, the VHS versions, but Funimation seems to be blowing it somehow. I want to get the DVDs, too, for the extra stuff, like the various bios of the characters, but I think I'll wait until I see if the company is gonna correct the ep-mistakes, as well as straightening out the DVD-spine fiasco.

LOL And Splinter, no offense, bro, but I'm a "she", not a "he". Just thought I'd let everybody know that. (Geez, I GOTTA get my regular avatar finished, fixed and up here!) LOL No probs on this, though; it happens to me all the time. Hyper Metal Sonic did the same thing. I guess it comes from the fact that nobody figures a gal would have a nick like "Whitewolf"...with or without the number hitched on behind it. And the shortened version of ny nick is "Wolf" or "Wolfie". LOL
Old 03-18-2004, 07:36 PM   #10
cqb101
Cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89
Quote:
Yeah, it is. You'd think that the DVDs would be as GOOD as, if NOT better than, the VHS versions, but Funimation seems to be blowing it somehow. I want to get the DVDs, too, for the extra stuff, like the various bios of the characters, but I think I'll wait until I see if the company is gonna correct the ep-mistakes, as well as straightening out the DVD-spine fiasco.

LOL And Splinter, no offense, bro but I'm a "she", not a "he". Just thought I'd let everybody know that. (Geez, I GOTTA get my regular avatar finished, fixed and up here!) LOL No probs on this, though; it happens to me all the time. Hyper Metal Sonic did the same thing. I guess it comes from the fact that nobody figures a gal would have a nick like "Whitewolf"...with or without the number hitched on behind it. And the shortened version of ny nick is "Wolf" or "Wolfie". LOL
I also thought you were a he.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:47 AM   #11
Splinter
Radical Rat

Sorry about that, Whitewolf89. No offense intended. I just usually go with 'him' if I'm not sure on someone's gender. And online it's nearly impossible to know for sure. After all, Machias thought I was female for a long time also. I guess it's my adoration for Splinter.

But now a small news update. It seems we have some folks joining the cause. And not just small potatoes. The website TVShowsonDVD.com mentioned our charming site, and also is going to try to get some word from Funimation over the missing DVD intros. So hopefully we'll get them corrected. And they won't be missing on future DVD's. You can see the news here.
Quote:
Either way, we hope that they keep the opening narration and "previously on" recaps intact on these new volumes. On the 7th and 8th volumes that came out last week, these were missing from 3 of the episodes across those two releases. We've gotten a lot of complaints about this, starting with "Derek P." and turning into an avalanche from there. The folks at TheTechnodrome.com fansite mentioned this oversight, too. We'll join the rest of the fans in hoping that this gets corrected in the future, and we intend to communicate with Funimation privately about the matter. Hopefully they'll get the message. In the meantime, we don't intend to let these small issues spoil our enjoyment of this rousing revival of the classic show.
http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1278

Old 03-21-2004, 10:46 AM   #12
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

That news post also tells us that Turtles in Space only has 4 episodes on it and it will continue into Search for Splinter...
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 10:56 AM   #13
Splinter
Radical Rat

Yeah, I'm a bit suprised by that. But I guess they're trying to divide the episode up so that there will be 8 volumes for each season. So it looks like this will be the likely line ups for Vol. 9 and 10.

TMNT Vol. 9: Turtles In Space:
29.) Turtles in Space - Part 1: The Fugatoid
28.) Turtles in Space - Part 2: The Trouble with Triceratons
29.) Turtles in Space - Part 3: The Big House
30.) Turtles in Space - Part 4: The Arena

TMNT Vol. 10: Secret Origins:
31.) Turtles in Space - Part 5: Triceraton Wars
32.) Secret Origins - Part 1
33.) Secret Origins - Part 2
34.) Secret Origins - Part 3

Old 03-21-2004, 12:17 PM   #14
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Thats a horrible idea to split up the episodes.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 01:13 PM   #15
Whitewolf89

Yes, it is as it spoils the continuity of the story-arc. The five parts of "Turtles in Space" SHOULD have been kept togther, as a whole, and another ep added to Volume 10, behind "Secret Origins" Grrrrrrr! I hate idiots!

And Splinter, no probs on my gender. Happens all the time. I hope when I get my permanent avatar up here that it will correct some assumptions. My fursona/char, who has the same name as my online nick, is ALSO female. But like I said, there's no offence taken. LOL You ain't the first to do it, and I doubt seriously that you'll be the last. It ain't no thing with me. I'm still a fan of the TMNT, no matter WHAT my gender.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:18 PM   #16
Kali
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
TMNT Vol. 9: Turtles In Space:
29.) Turtles in Space - Part 1: The Fugatoid
28.) Turtles in Space - Part 2: The Trouble with Triceratons
29.) Turtles in Space - Part 3: The Big House
30.) Turtles in Space - Part 4: The Arena

TMNT Vol. 10: Secret Origins:
31.) Turtles in Space - Part 5: Triceraton Wars
32.) Secret Origins - Part 1
33.) Secret Origins - Part 2
34.) Secret Origins - Part 3
Yeah, I figured that they'd split them up like that. But it's not like the episodes aren't connected at all. Turtles in Space flows into Secret Origins, since the first part of Secret Origins has them returning from space.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 01:24 PM   #17
Whitewolf89

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin
That news post also tells us that Turtles in Space only has 4 episodes on it and it will continue into Search for Splinter...
"Search for Splinter"?! jestergoblin, I hate to tell you this, but the three-part "Search for Splinter" story-arc were the last three eps of Season 1! Are you sure it's now "Secret Origins", Parts 1-3 that you're thinking about??

EDIT: Good point, Kali. Forgot about that. So it will be a seemless whole any way you look at it.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:15 PM   #18
Sakirules
Foot Soldier

Am I missing something? Volumes 7 and 8 have the Peter Laird interview. But Volumes 5 and 6 don't.
Sakirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:03 PM   #19
Ratking

just to go off topic for a slight second. How many eps has there been in total so far? as here in Australia things have been rather slow on our free to air TV......i mean we have just got the first box set in shops around 1 month ago.

Does anybody know how many eps theres been in total so far?
Ratking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 08:54 PM   #20
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Who cares? You already know what happens because you've got all the episodes. The recap narrations were only for the original airings of the episodes when there was a week between them. They're not needed on the DVDs.

Don't be so picky.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote