The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-22-2019, 02:09 PM   #21
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The Robotic Foot Soldier,Warrior Metalhead, and Chromedome figures look great MOC in my opinion. The inclusion of the Turtles and Foot symbols after the 10th basic wave and generic card re-releases was a welcome surprise. I didnít like when the toy line went in a different direction in Ď93. Unfortunately, Playmates tried to save the toy line in the same year that the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers blew up in popularity.
Was Warrior Metalhead the same figure as Metalhead Michelangelo? I found it to be an odd variant especially since it was reminiscent of just one turtle.

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Skateboardiní Mike
What the heck was the point with that figure when the Cheapskate had already been released back in 1988.
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:04 PM   #23
mikey0
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Was Warrior Metalhead the same figure as Metalhead Michelangelo? I found it to be an odd variant especially since it was reminiscent of just one turtle.

Thanks. I corrected the typo.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:11 PM   #24
mikey0
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
What the heck was the point with that figure when the Cheapskate had already been released back in 1988.
I think Playmates was trying to produce a second set of turtle variants for the last basic wave of 1991 (7th wave) like the disguised turtles (which I realize now were not a sub-wave). Leo was a police officer, Don had the firefighter suit, so I guess Mike was the certified skateboard instructor? Iím not sure what happened to Raph or why Mike was the basic wave turtle variant figure that didnít fit in with the other variants. The 7th wave (Skateboardiní Mike wave) was lackluster (for the most part) opposed to the 5th wave (Slash wave) that it was trying to be.
On the one hand, the 7th wave was what children of the 80s and 90s wanted the 5th wave to be. There should have been 1st movie turtles, Shredder, Splinter, and a Foot Soldier in the 5th wave with Ray Filet, Panda Khan, Fugitoid, Slash, and etc..On the other hand, the 5th wave was a notch above the 7th wave because of Undercover Donatello, Space Cadet Raphael, Sewer Samurai Leo, Fugitoid, Triceraton, and Panda Khan. Those were all great figures that appealed to Turtles collectors of all ages in 1990.

Last edited by mikey0; 09-22-2019 at 03:51 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote