The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old Today, 02:10 PM   #3301
Shellington
Thug

I like the idea of Donnie having a drone pet.

Whie I feel they're carrying the Tony Stark thing too far, Donnie should be a ninja foremost, I think this will work well. Look at the Redwing drone the Falcon owned, and the Rover drone in the Voltron show.

As to fat Splinter... I hope he uses his girth in his fighting, like Po the Kung Fu Panda. Po bounces around a lot and his fat protects him like a cushion from attacks. He shouldn't be fat if he can't kick ass with it.

"And we're teenagers." Mikey, the Teenager
Shellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:19 PM   #3302
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

Sounds like with that last video, they're positive the show will be successful enough to officially release a 2nd major toy set in the fall of 2019. So...I guess there will be a 2nd season at least.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:33 PM   #3303
AlZarkovski
Stone Warrior

Spoiler:
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #3304
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
Sounds like with that last video, they're positive the show will be successful enough to officially release a 2nd major toy set in the fall of 2019. So...I guess there will be a 2nd season at least.
Pre-production on new seasons happens very fast, episodes are usually scripted 8 months before they air on TV. They generally have to know very early on if a show is going to continue when they plan further seasons.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:18 PM   #3305
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Spoiler:

Can't keep a good Turtle down. They'll 'RISE' again.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:20 PM   #3306
Powder
Endless Screw

Adventure Time has proven the 11 minute format can still be super awesome & character driven, but it does bum me out to get 10 minutes less turtle action than ever before.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #3307
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's still 26 half-hour episodes, that means we're getting two 11-minute episodes in each "airing."

Sure, the stories may be condensed to fit 11 minutes, but we'll likely get a lot of subplots.
Old Today, 03:53 PM   #3308
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Much of the time though, will it really have time for subplots? We already (and fairly) complained that some 2012 eps were at times kind of rushed. Who has time for details when you've got 10 minutes to have a problem, find a solution, and get it done.

Can't say I've ever watched Adventure Time to know how it handles it, but with such time restraints I fear these stories may appear quite simplified next to what we're used to for, well, pretty much forever with TMNT.

No wonder Leo isn't the leader... Eps are not even long enough to give the guy time to think over a good plan and strategy. So Raph was thrown to the forefront because he'll just dive in instead.

Last edited by IndigoErth; Today at 03:59 PM.
Old Today, 04:03 PM   #3309
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's still 26 half-hour episodes, that means we're getting two 11-minute episodes in each "airing."

Sure, the stories may be condensed to fit 11 minutes, but we'll likely get a lot of subplots.
It could also be 26 11 minute episodes, meaning it would take 13 airings to complete the first season.

I look forward to the more episodic format, coming off of 4Kids and Nick doing serialized storyarcs. It would be more fitting for the comedic tone and is a first for a turtles show.
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:08 PM   #3310
newfan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Much of the time though, will it really have time for subplots? We already (and fairly) complained that some 2012 eps were at times kind of rushed. Who has time for details when you've got 10 minutes to have a problem, find a solution, and get it done.
:
I was thinking the same when we were taking about things we wished they'd expanded on, with it being a kids show and only 22 minutes we were only going to get so much depth, though I thought we still had a lot of it. If this show is even younger, then less needed. (where are those novels some of us want?)
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:23 PM   #3311
shredder orokusaki
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Just as I was starting to warm just a little.... 11 minutes, no Shredder... and lazy Splinter, my god he really is a hamster It did say back to training so I guess he just thought he'd done his job and relaxed, then realised they need him still.

I guess, light, young, fun series it will be....

Oh, and the new character pics, I like the toys more.
I will be in the series! TMNT dont work without me!
Old Today, 04:31 PM   #3312
newfan
Stone Warrior

Unless I got it wrong I think the confirmation is not in the start anyway rather than not at all.
Old Today, 04:34 PM   #3313
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
TMNT dont work without me!
Everything after Mirage Issue 1 (or Return to New York if you count the worms) says otherwise
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:21 PM   #3314
CyberCubed
Overlord

Now that we know Baron Draxum commands the Foot Soldiers, the more I think about it, maybe Baron Draxum works for Shredder?

It seems like he may have the usual "second in command" role Shredder's minions have in past series, like Hun in 2k3, or Tiger Claw in Nick, or Tatsu, Karai, etc.
Old Today, 05:24 PM   #3315
newfan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Now that we know Baron Draxum commands the Foot Soldiers, the more I think about it, maybe Baron Draxum works for Shredder?

It seems like he may have the usual "second in command" role Shredder's minions have in past series, like Hun in 2k3, or Tiger Claw in Nick, or Tatsu, Karai, etc.
Sounds good to me, but we just won't know that at first? Like someone else mentioned about Shredder being the absent leader until he turns up?
Old Today, 05:36 PM   #3316
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
I will be in the series! TMNT dont work without me!
Nah, these are short enough that they can easily spend most of that time just hunting for the tv remote. They won't have time for Shredder. Maybe they'll have just a few minutes to fight Foot ninja to get it back. Maybe season finales will be full 22 min and finally have a boss fight.

Tags
2018, april and devil dinosaur, rise of the tmnt, rise_of_the_plants, speculation