The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-08-2021, 07:36 PM   #41
Leo656
The Franchise

For reals! Those were the days. The Top Thread at 7pm might get bumped to Page 2 by Midnight. Good Times.

I was drunk a lot more back then.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:50 PM   #42
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I think the last big surge were the plants from Out of the Shadows. Me might get another surge whenever the next big whatever Ninja Turtle project comes out.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:54 PM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

The forums were very active when the 4kids cartoon was airing. 2003-2007 was definitely very lively here, and in Mirage Vol. 4 and Tales was going on plus the 4th movie in 2007 as well.

The early 2000's after all was a revival of the TMNT franchise, all the kids/teens from the 80's and 90's had grown up and the early 2000's had a lot of people rediscovering the franchise after they drifted from it for awhile in the late 90's. It really was a fun time, because people were not only experiencing new stuff but also through DVDs of the original cartoon and Mirage/Archie discussions...everyone was talking about the old stuff too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:59 PM   #44
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I found it by clicking the archives. I was only 15 when this thread was made.
and some day soon you'll finally become a man. lol
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:17 PM   #45
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ohhh, ouch, there's a low blow. lol

I'm sure most who are adult fans of the TMNT and other things like this are just simply always a big kid at heart, even the most cantankerous among us, else they'd be off spending their free time on boring forms of "adulting."
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:34 PM   #46
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

I'm sure most who are adult fans of the TMNT and other things like this are just simply always a big kid at heart, even the most cantankerous among us, else they'd be off spending their free time on boring forms of "adulting."
I'm like, RIGHT here, man. I will do my best to be more cantankerous.

Cubed is mostly-right, though. He however neglects to mention that the General Discussion section was also quite a hotbed of activity. I definitely talked a lot more TMNT back then because there was a lot more to talk about, but there were all kinds of awesome and wacky topics going on at the same time. I'm having a hard time remembering a lot of the specifics - again, I was half in the bag more often than not back then - but the entire General section was always lit up.

People got Banned almost daily, too. But for every person we lost we'd get two or three more, and most of them were cool. Of course some of them turned out sh*tty, too, but it was no big deal. People were constantly picking fights with me and GK and "working themselves into a shoot" until they got themselves Banned. I'm in NJ and I'd be on the phone with him in CA and these kids would start trying to stir things up, and we'd be like "Awwww YEAH... time to go to work!" Krang would be gone for the weekend or whatever, so we'd poke a little bit, let these people go nuts and hang themselves, and then he'd come back on Monday and like ten more people would be Banned. GK had those awesome "Battle Royale" sigs made with all the names of people who got Banned crossed out. That was good sh*t, pal.

Plus, y'know... pretty drunk. I'd wake up in the morning and scroll through all the threads we'd set fire to and be like "...Oh my GOD, I don't even remember that." You guys think I'm bad NOW? Oooof.

We had that one guy who was constantly talking about the Moon landing being fake. That sh*t was funny. We had a lot of nuts but that guy, for some reason, sticks out in my memory.

I wish I could remember more, but... you know. Weed and alcohol.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:04 AM   #47
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

And I missed it all.

Damn life getting in the way
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:16 PM   #48
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

This place felt like a hotbed of activity when I first joined. Though I don't know if that was true or I just felt that way. I was still new to internet forums and was probably intimidated.

Meh. Now I see tumbleweeds.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:08 PM   #49
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

I dunno, I kind of like it. At this point it's bascially just the same 50 people or so. You get to know them pretty well after a while. It's like a social club where we all hang out around a fire place in big chairs.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:17 PM   #50
Prowler
Emperor

Haha this is CyberCubed's biggest act of necroposting ever. He even got Krang to respond!

I wouldn't Co aider myself a veteran of these forums, but come to think of it, I've been here for about 12 years already. I've only became more active around 2013-2014 though. I think I had less than 500 posts until then.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote