The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-15-2020, 01:03 PM   #61
sdp
Megan Fox = April

people don't start to get nostalgic until after college, usually much later when they have jobs and disposable incomes
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 01:10 PM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
people don't start to get nostalgic until after college, usually much later when they have jobs and disposable incomes
I usually get nostalgic for shows 3-4 years after they end.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 01:12 PM   #63
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
and a very vocal Rise fan went off on me on Twitter because I said that while also shooting down the idea that the new possible series is a continuation of Rise.
Rise fans on Twitter are super obnoxious. as someone who follows the official TMNT Twitter page they hijack every TMNT post even if it has nothing to do with Rise. One time they got really pissy on one post that was an anniversary post for 2012 but they didn't do one for rise.
Old 12-15-2020, 01:14 PM   #64
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Rise fans on Twitter are super obnoxious. as someone who follows the official TMNT Twitter page they hijack every TMNT post even if it has nothing to do with Rise. One time they got really pissy on one post that was an anniversary post for 2012 but they didn't do one for rise.
To be fair 1987 and 2012 fans also hijacked every Rise post since it got announced.
Old 12-15-2020, 01:19 PM   #65
CyberCubed
Overlord

All I see on the official TMNT twitter is people responding with meme images or about whatever is posted there.
Old 12-15-2020, 01:32 PM   #66
Cake-Monster85
Banned

Rise fans have to get defensive. If that's obnoxious, I'm sorry... but WE are the ones who constantly get attacked.
Cake-Monster85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 01:35 PM   #67
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
This is true of every fanbase unfortunately. The Netflix accounts get bombarded constantly by multiple fanbases of shows that have been cancelled on every single post they make. Social media sucks.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:14 PM   #68
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Monster85 View Post
Rise fans have to get defensive. If that's obnoxious, I'm sorry... but WE are the ones who constantly get attacked.
Someone not liking a show that you like isn't attacking you. It's possible to just like a thing while others don't. Other way around, too. I don't like Rise, and I take no issue with the fact that there are people who do. Enjoy the thing. It's cool.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:26 PM   #69
Sumac
Banned

Weird name. Implies continuation, but could be a marketing thing.
Not holding my hopes up, since 2k12 and Rise disappointed me, so dunno.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:27 PM   #70
Cake-Monster85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Someone not liking a show that you like isn't attacking you. It's possible to just like a thing while others don't. Other way around, too. I don't like Rise, and I take no issue with the fact that there are people who do. Enjoy the thing. It's cool.
not what i meant. there are literal verbal assaults @ Rise fans on Twitter and FB for simply voicing opinions. it has nothing to do with simply liking/disliking a show.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:48 PM   #71
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Monster85 View Post
Heh.

Not really. Rise Of fans are the ones who stir up trouble first, even worse than any other fans of TMNT stuff including the Platinum Dune movies, Next Mutation, 2012, 1987, etc etc.

I've had many of them call me a bigot because I dislike the show because "obviously" I hate it because April is black, even though I've never mentioned I had any sort of issue with April's skin color (or even April specifically, my issues are more with the rest of the cast).
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:59 PM   #72
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Red face

I'm starting to believe it's actually the next chapter of the next Mutation. The more I think about it the more it makes sense.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:05 PM   #73
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hush, you. Don't give Nick any dumb ideas...in addition to their own they are perfectly capable of.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:28 PM   #74
srmff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Depends on the age. The show started in 2012. If they were 7-8 years old in 2012, they would be 17-18 in 2022.

I was 17 years old when the 2k3 series started in 2003. At that time our generation was highly nostalgic for the TMNT franchise due to the original cartoon, movies, toys, etc. It's about at the right time.
This was true for me as well. I was 5 when the 2003 show started and I was 8 when season 4 ended in 2006 which is when I enjoyed it most. I remember Fast Forward but I'm not sure if I made it a priority to see every episode. I can't really remember Back to the Sewers but I must have watched it so I would have been 12 when the entire show finished.

I started watching the 2012 show in 2014 (just so happened to be the 30 year anniversary) when I happened to see the Mousers Attack! episode when I would have been 16. I was immediately hooked. I didn't think that I'd like it but I was pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Heh.

Not really. Rise Of fans are the ones who stir up trouble first, even worse than any other fans of TMNT stuff including the Platinum Dune movies, Next Mutation, 2012, 1987, etc etc.
I have to agree and this is coming from someone who actually ended up enjoying the Rise show. I mainly see fans bashing the other shows. Likewise, I've never seen that with Platinum Dune (movies which I have no time for), 1987 fans, etc.

There is such obvious bias in some posts. For example one analysis of martial arts in each of the series is that the 1987 show is slapstick, 2003 rigidly adheres to realistic martial arts at all times (putting a negative spin on it), 2012 is a mixed bag with an attempt at realistic martial arts and traditional ninja techniques but are done poorly while Rise mixes real martial arts with over the top anime fighting and 70s/80s martial arts films with the conclusion that Rise is the most ninja out of all the series. What bothers me about that is that 2003 having realistic martial arts is presented as a negative yet Rise has the most ninja fighting style.

I've seen lots of examples of this. A lack of character developement is a criticism that I've seen before but I haven't seen any examples of how Rise did better. Splinter 2012 is called a jerk... when Rise Splinter was definitely a jerk in different situations.
srmff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:31 PM   #75
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Not really. Rise Of fans are the ones who stir up trouble first
This has been my general observation, as well.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:31 PM   #76
Powder
So tired of this place

Rise bashers are much worse. Y'all tripping.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:44 PM   #77
Cake-Monster85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Rise bashers are much worse. Y'all tripping.
Exactly! My experience as well. It's a great show! And some people cant let Rise fans have our fun!
Old 12-15-2020, 05:40 PM   #78
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's a TMNT fandom outside of these forums?
Old 12-15-2020, 05:43 PM   #79
Cake-Monster85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There's a TMNT fandom outside of these forums?
It's called social media, and I don't mess with that! It's full of retards, women, women retards, fans of all kinds of stupid **** and Godless people.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:44 PM   #80
Cake-Monster85
Banned

why are all of our curse words blanked out! That's lame!