The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-21-2018, 08:46 PM   #61
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

That epic music you hear in the Trailer. Is an orchestral version of Clair De Lune. You can listen to it here

Old 07-22-2018, 04:21 AM   #62
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Eh... doesn't seem too bad from my eyes. Though I'd still say they're pulling a "Batman V Superman," in that right out of the gate they're doing King Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan, with a Godzilla vs. King Kong immediately next (i.e., as with Batman V Superman it was "Death of Superman" and "The Dark Knight Returns" all in one, pretty firmly endgame stuff)... where do you go from here? Mechagodzilla in Godzilla 3? That's going to seem very small compared to what they've already done.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:59 AM   #63
Allio
Foot Elite

well according to a supposed leak (which matches well with the trailer we have)

Spoiler:
Destroyah appears in the post-credit scene.

and as for a potential Godzilla 3, I still say it should be a Godzilla battle Royale, featuring: Godzilla, MechaGodzilla, Biollante, and Space Godzilla.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:10 AM   #64
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Is it really end game though? Godzilla fought King Kong in the third movie originally and Kong was only his second giant monster fight. King Ghidorah usually appears half way through the series, he's more of a recurring villain than the ultimate bad. In fact Mecha Godzilla usually appears after Ghidorah. This isn't the Destroy All Monsters/Final Wars cast and more of a first appearance of Ghidorah movie so it falls in line. Gigan/Destroyah were more of the big bad Godzilla ever faced in those respective series.

I mean I don't see many people getting excited for Godzilla vs Mothra or Barugan or a solo Rodan film. I don't think Godzilla can have that type of an audience even in the post-mainstream geek culture world. Especially when Japan outdid the US with their own serious Godzilla film with Shin Gojira.

Legendary also only has the license until 2020, of course that could be renegotiated, especially if the monsterverse is a success. But Toho is very protective of Godzilla, they didn't sell/let Legendary use other Kaiju until 2014 turned out. Toho is also jealous and petty, they made Godzilla 2000 and Shin Godzilla as responses to the Hollywood films, hell they made Shin Godzilla 10 meters taller than 2014 just so THEY would have the biggest Godzilla and not Hollywood who had made the biggest Godzilla yet.

The point is the movies have to be very successful for it to continue since it's only a license and they would need to throw Toho money for them to not care. They've gone on record that because of the contract, Toho can't release a live action Godzilla movie the same year that Legendary is releases one which is why the Shin Godzilla sequel was on hold and instead they released the anime movies. They also mentioned recently Shin Godzilla 2 wasn't happening and instead they wanted to make their own Cinematic Universe a la Marvel/Showa years to join in on the band wagon and they might not be able to if Hollywood is releasing stinkers. So I guess it all depends on how Godzilla 2 and VsKong do.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:36 PM   #65
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
well according to a supposed leak (which matches well with the trailer we have)

Spoiler:
Destroyah appears in the post-credit scene.

and as for a potential Godzilla 3, I still say it should be a Godzilla battle Royale, featuring: Godzilla, MechaGodzilla, Biollante, and Space Godzilla.
I don't know if we'll see MechaGodzilla. Since that appeared in Ready Player One already.

I think the movie will have Godzilla teaming up with Mothra and Rodan against King Ghidora at the end.

Both Mothra and Rodan originally started out as Adversaries. But they later joined forces with Godzilla against the other monsters.

Plus with Mothra. There are supposed to be the Twins. So I wonder if the movie will involve the Twins. Unless the movie shows Millie Bobby Brown having some connections with her.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:19 AM   #66
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I mean I don't see many people getting excited for Godzilla vs Mothra or Barugan or a solo Rodan film.
Aren't both Mothra and Rodan in this movie?

Quote:
I don't think Godzilla can have that type of an audience even in the post-mainstream geek culture world. Especially when Japan outdid the US with their own serious Godzilla film with Shin Gojira.
Not really.

Quote:
Legendary also only has the license until 2020, of course that could be renegotiated, especially if the monsterverse is a success. But Toho is very protective of Godzilla, they didn't sell/let Legendary use other Kaiju until 2014 turned out. Toho is also jealous and petty, they made Godzilla 2000 and Shin Godzilla as responses to the Hollywood films, hell they made Shin Godzilla 10 meters taller than 2014 just so THEY would have the biggest Godzilla and not Hollywood who had made the biggest Godzilla yet.
Nobody cares about Shin Godzilla. Not even Japan. It hit and it went away and it won't be revisited.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:54 AM   #67
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Trailer looks awesome. Please just focus on the monsters in the second half, third act, whatever you wanna call it. Do NOT make them background.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:08 PM   #68
AquaParade
Banned

Typically I want to be as terrified as possible when watching a Godzilla movie.

This trailer and the score the accompanied it made me realize a Godzilla movie can be many things. It really had that magical, adventurous feel to it. I'm definitely interested in seeing this. Not sure if I' in the minority but I love both the 2014 Godzilla and the most recent "Shin Godzilla" even more.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:17 PM   #69
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Check out the Comic-Con Poster.

Old 07-23-2018, 04:02 PM   #70
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Wow, nice poster.
drgon78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:20 PM   #71
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Aren't both Mothra and Rodan in this movie?

Not really.

Nobody cares about Shin Godzilla. Not even Japan. It hit and it went away and it won't be revisited.

That review couldn't be more wrong, but I guess you prefer the borefest that was 2014?

Yeah Mothra and Rodan are in this movie alongside Ghidorah just like in Ghidorah's debut film. But unlike japan that had Godzilla v Mothra or solo Mothra Rodan films, that would never fly in the US. The only reason those monsters are relevant is because the movie is called Godzilla. That's my point, a "Monster" cinematic universe is not going to fly with those names alone, you'll need something flashy like Ghidorah, Space Godzilla etc to get people to say "oh I gotta watch this".

Shin Godzilla is loved in Japan, it certainly has plenty of merchandise overthere which 2014 Godzilla doesn't, you can't compare the earnings of a Hollywood movie that has a huge marketing muscle in the biggest market in the world with one made specifically for one small market and only getting a limited release in other places (and where the biggest market is too stubborn to ever give a subtitled movie a chance).

Last edited by sdp; 07-23-2018 at 04:26 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:18 AM   #72
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I wonder if they have the rights to any other Toho monsters for future movies.

I wonder if the King Kong vs Godzilla one will have them team up against another monster(s).

I hope this movie and the Kong vs one does really well so we can get more giant monster movies.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:33 AM   #73
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I wonder how they will explain King Ghidora's origin. He's actually an alien. In the first movie he appeared in. a Meteorite falls to Earth and out came King Ghidora.

The trailer shows King Ghidora frozen in ice. So what if the meteorite that fell to earth. Was the one that killed the Dinosaurs. And it was him?

I watched the Godzilla: King of the Monsters SDCC 2018 Panel. And one of the characters they said. Is someone whose trying to preserve these monsters. and find a way they can co-exist.

You can watch the Panel here.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:48 AM   #74
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Wow, that trailer looks amazing. I'm hoping to see it in IMAX 3D again like I did with the last one. It would also be stunning in Dolby Cinema.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:34 PM   #75
drgon78
Mad Scientist

A May 2019 release, dang 10 months to wait for this one.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:52 PM   #76
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Current rumor is that Charles Dance's unnamed character is actually an older version of the same character played by Hiddleston in Kong: Skull Island.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:34 AM   #77
drgon78
Mad Scientist

That would be interesting if it is true.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:26 AM   #78
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Current rumor is that Charles Dance's unnamed character is actually an older version of the same character played by Hiddleston in Kong: Skull Island.
If that is true. Then maybe when he says "Long live the king" was referring to King Kong?"

I'm sure this movie will have some post credit scene setting up Kong for the Godzilla vs Kong movie.

However Charles Dance as an older version of Tom Hiddleston's character? He doesnt even look like him as an older man. They could just get him wearing makeup to make him look older.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:43 AM   #79
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I was assuming that long live the king is a reference to King Ghidorah.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:54 AM   #80
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

They directly said at Comic Con that someone from Kong: Skull Island would be in Godzilla 2.

https://screenrant.com/godzilla-2-ch...-skull-island/

http://comicbook.com/anime/2018/07/2...-skull-island/

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/245...ho-it-might-be

There's not many people it could be. And Charles Dance is the only one in the cast who is age appropriate to play an older character from Kong... that is also unnamed in IMDB/elsewhere.