The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 06:06 PM   #21
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I am a believer in the Christian gospel, and Jesus himself had a word that's just as true today as it was in the 1st century:
Quote:
But Abraham said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ And he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ He said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.’”
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...=Luke+16:29-31

Jesus said it is better for those who believe in him even without the advantage of his physical presence and the eye-witnessing of miracles:
Quote:
Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
http://biblehub.com/john/20-29.htm

Later in the New Testament, Paul echoes Jesus and writes that the preaching of the Gospel is sufficient to result in true belief:
Quote:
For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard?[a] And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...ans%2010:13-17

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
Old 04-10-2017, 06:09 PM   #22
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

He'd be way too liberal to be believed in this day and age.

Too much of the Right (* U.S. perspective) wouldn't willingly cling to him and believe him if he didn't come in preaching danger and threats to their way of life and vilifying others who supposedly want to take that away. And many of those on the Left would take up the logical angle of picking apart the details to try to figure this man out. Although if he speaks for their own humanitarian values, that the Right doesn't seem to stand for anymore, they (the Left) might be more willing to respect him, if not buying the messiah claims.

But in this day and age he'd need to get on tv to even get any notice, and too often good people don't make it into the news. So if he can't perform miracles, then either he's ignored and few to none hear about him, or he isn't so good after all and gets all over the news...

Really though, it does make me wonder at times what he'd think of the values and priorities of the (American) Ultra Right who claim to align themselves with him. (How?)
Old 04-10-2017, 06:12 PM   #23
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
He'd be way too liberal to be believed in this day and age.

Too much of the Right (* U.S. perspective) wouldn't willingly cling to him and believe him if he didn't come in preaching danger and threats to their way of life and vilifying others who supposedly want to take that away. And many of those on the Left would take up the logical angle of picking apart the details to try to figure this man out. Although if he speaks for their own values, that the Right doesn't seem to stand for anymore, they (the Left) might be more willing to respect him, if not buying the messiah claims.

But in this day and age he'd need to get on tv to even get any notice, and too often good people don't make it into the news. So if he can't perform miracles, then either he's ignored and few to none hear about him, or he isn't so good after all and gets all over the news...

Really though, it does make me wonder at times what he'd think of the values and priorities of the (American) Ultra Right who claim to align themselves with him. (How?)
You're assuming He would be coming to hang out or whatever and live a bit. Which wouldn't be the case. He has a final push coming for people to believe in Him and live forever. Plenty of false prophets and mayhem and death and destruction, all for the sake of men to say they know better than Jesus.

(Not fully directed just at you. Lots of the posts seem to assume He would come back to hang out or live life first...)
Old 04-10-2017, 06:40 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

So if I'm following this right, anyone who doesn't worship Jesus or Christianity will burn in Hell for all eternity?

Man, that hardly seems fair. That's basically saying, "If you're not with us you deserve to die and rot in eternal torment." But considering all these religions were created in ancient times, it doesn't surprise me.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:43 PM   #25
Powder
So tired of this place

We don't even believe in things that science proves to be true, so I doubt he'd be well received.

But hey if someone wants to take me to a realm of peace, I'm here.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 04-10-2017, 07:28 PM   #26
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So if I'm following this right, anyone who doesn't worship Jesus or Christianity will burn in Hell for all eternity?

Man, that hardly seems fair. That's basically saying, "If you're not with us you deserve to die and rot in eternal torment." But considering all these religions were created in ancient times, it doesn't surprise me.
Actually, we all deserve hell but have the choice to not go by believing that Jesus died for our sins.... Every person has a choice. Its a free gift. Believing in Him doesn't make us perfect but forgiven. Life isn't fair and God certainly doesn't want for ANYONE to perish/die in the lake of fire/hell. Free will is wonderful.

I'm guessing this thread was posted because Easter?
Old 04-10-2017, 07:34 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Actually, we all deserve hell but have the choice to not go by believing that Jesus died for our sins.... Every person has a choice. Its a free gift. Believing in Him doesn't make us perfect but forgiven. Life isn't fair and God certainly doesn't want for ANYONE to perish/die in the lake of fire/hell. Free will is wonderful.
Yeah...I don't get it. Basically everyone should die unless they believe in the same thing.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:34 PM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Yeah. Imagine if you were castaway on an island as a baby all by yourself, lived your whole life there miserably, then died... then get to spend all of eternity burning in hell because you had no idea you were supposed to believe all that stuff.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:37 PM   #29
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah. Imagine if you were castaway on an island as a baby all by yourself, lived your whole life there miserably, then died... then get to spend all of eternity burning in hell because you had no idea you were supposed to believe all that stuff.
Some people believe this, no joke. Even after Jesus' crucifixion, there were millions who never knew. If we are talking about an absolute and universal religion, it would make much more sense for it to be based on a deity who can be observed and reasoned by everyone regardless of time, culture, place etc.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:41 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

So is this why people try to spread Christianity, because they think they're "saving people" from a life of eternal torment in Hell?

I mean all the Asian countries didn't believe in Jesus till all the white Europeans tried to convert them.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:47 PM   #31
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
So is this why people try to spread Christianity, because they think they're "saving people" from a life of eternal torment in Hell?

I mean all the Asian countries didn't believe in Jesus till all the white Europeans tried to convert them.
Pretty much. I don't mean to offend anyone, but that's one of the reasons I don't buy Christianity as it currently is in terms of doctrines and beliefs.

I am religious, but I see it as a waste of time to try and convert others. No matter how hard I try, I am not changing anyones beliefs as its up to everyone to embrace the truth on their own, willingly. Atleast that's what I believe in: Individual Responsibility.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:50 PM   #32
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Let me bring the popcorn in now, because this thing prob isn't gonna last long.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:54 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't even understand religion. I understand believing in some higher being like God or whatever, but the people who basically want others to die just because they don't think what you think is pathetic.

It's ironic. These are the same Christian Soccer Moms who complain franchises like TMNT, Pokemon, Harry Potter, etc. are "satanic" and brainwash children, yet they go around believing people will burn in hell unless they think like they do.

Anyone see the irony here? Liking kids cartoons is "satanic" but they want everyone to burn in Hell? They goddamn ruined my precious Saturday Morning cartoons.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:56 PM   #34
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Cubed, didn't you say you were raised Jewish? Just curious, do you believe in any of your faith and attend the services with your family?
Old 04-10-2017, 08:07 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
It's ironic. These are the same Christian Soccer Moms who complain franchises like TMNT, Pokemon, Harry Potter, etc. are "satanic" and brainwash children, yet they go around believing people will burn in hell unless they think like they do.

Anyone see the irony here? Liking kids cartoons is "satanic" but they want everyone to burn in Hell? They goddamn ruined my precious Saturday Morning cartoons.
To bring it around to TMNT, they undeniably ruined the original movie franchise. Or at least the studios and financiers that kowtowed to them beginning with TMNT 2.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:12 PM   #36
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Somehow I think you'd just know.

Anywho, I'm Christian. I don't like this hard right turn that Evangelical Christianity has taken and I don't like that now all Christians are lumped in with them.

Yes there were dinosaurs and evolution is real. Science is real. The universe is BILLIONS of years old.

The bible is NOT the literal Word. Its a collection of morality stories written by MEN to further their agendas. I believe there are a few nuggets of the Word in there still, but mostly its been perverted as things were added and copied.

Jesus was all about helping the poor, the outcast, the untouchables. He didn't say God helps those that help themselves. He wanted us to lift up those that couldn't lift themselves.

I think he'd be pretty disappointed in how his teaching has been perverted in the modern day, used as a reason to separate and discriminate. That's not what he wanted....but look at all the sanctimonious Believers.

I say action speaks louder than sanctimonious words.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:15 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Maybe we're supposed to be the ones to resurrect Jesus this go-around? Maybe some blood can be extracted from the Spear of Destiny and we can clone him. Hard to deny a Jesus Clone.

But would he be Jesus, or Jesuus? Points if you get the reference
Old 04-10-2017, 08:16 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post

I think he'd be pretty disappointed in how his teaching has been perverted in the modern day, used as a reason to separate and discriminate. That's not what he wanted....but look at all the sanctimonious Believers.

I say action speaks louder than sanctimonious words.
It's pretty obvious most people turn religion into some kind of cult-like following, Katie. That's why there's chanting, prayers, and people gathered together at places like Churches or temples to stand around and worship together. Also believing in some higher being probably makes some people feel better about their selves, as in they hope their life improves so they think some God will help them.

In any case your version of religion is fine, but others take things way too far.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:22 PM   #39
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Maybe we're supposed to be the ones to resurrect Jesus this go-around? Maybe some blood can be extracted from the Spear of Destiny and we can clone him. Hard to deny a Jesus Clone.

But would he be Jesus, or Jesuus? Points if you get the reference
Lol, I do. You're a ****ing nerd.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #40
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
It's pretty obvious most people turn religion into some kind of cult-like following, Katie. That's why there's chanting, prayers, and people gathered together at places like Churches or temples to stand around and worship together. Also believing in some higher being probably makes some people feel better about their selves, as in they hope their life improves so they think some God will help them.

In any case your version of religion is fine, but others take things way too far.
And they are wrong. Not even Christians. Hell, maybe this hard right evangelist/fundamentalist movement is being directed by the anti-Christ. It has all the hallmarks. Political power, devoted base, people who cloak themselves with marks and signs and symbols.

I don't think any real Christian uses their faith as an excuse to hold themselves above anyone. Anyone who does is not a true Christian