The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-05-2022, 10:24 AM   #1
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I don’t think it needs a third season

I feel if they did what else do we have to tell?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 10:40 AM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Saw the movie, liked it, but perfectly cool if that’s the last we see of this. Or not. Meh, I’m fine either way.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 11:08 AM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Well, my official stance on Rise is that I can't really find anything anything about it that is legitimate worse than 2012 show (and in some respects, it's probably the better of the two shows on an objective level), but that the whole "difference for difference sake" is very off-putting.

I can't honestly tell anyone that if the situation had been reversed, Rise getting 124 episodes and the 2012 show only getting 39 episodes, that it would have been unfair. That said, the 2012 show is a bit "closer" to what I want TMNT in presentation, so it getting to last much longer is... Less destructive to what I want TMNT to be. Really, the only thing about Rise's approach that is preferable is that it doesn't attempt to reacreate the "Glory Days" of the Fred Wolf cartoon by forcing in Bebop, Rocksteady, Mutagen Man, Muckman, Wingnut, Chrome Dome, Metalhead, a mutated fly version of Baxter and several terrible crossovers with the Fred Wolf cartoon. For it's faults in approach, I can at least approve of avoiding such blatant Fred Wolf references.

But ultimately, yeah. Rise only getting 39 episodes and a movie is probably the best considering it could inspire future iterations to become more and more alien.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 12:23 PM   #4
Ninjinister
無問題

I think the only thing I "need" to know is where Draxum is right now. Why was he not even name-dropped despite essentially being the Turtles' second father at the end of S2?
Old 08-05-2022, 11:11 PM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

They had a whole half season of planned episodes canned, with probably plenty more laid out for future plans. So, ya know, that.

We were supposed to get a Monty Moose episode. We were robbed.

At this point, sure, there's enough 'closure' to feel like they covered a lot of ground, managed to work in some drama, high stakes stuff, but fans of anything will always want more.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 07:37 AM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Yeah, it's obvious they're just going to make another reboot. Despite being more recent, it's (slightly) more likely we'll see a continuation of the 2012 cartoon than Rise, I'm not really seeing that happening either but it's clearly the more popular version.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 11:01 AM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Agree, with the movie it looks like they completed covering what they ultimately wanted to in terms of an actual arc (filler-like nonsense aside). I don't imagine it too worthwhile to go trying to reanimate a dead horse, and considering it didn't do that great before they'd probably just go jumping the shark immediately to try to impress people only to have it fall on its face. Can't see Nick risking money doing that, esp when they themselves switched back to using 2012 when they want to throw the Turtles into something (such as that themed golf thing they recently had ads for).
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:01 AM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

The show was canceled 2 years ago. It's obviously not getting another season. The only reason the movie came out is due to the contacts signed to make it 2 years ago when they thought the show would continue.

Some of you have no idea how pre-production works. Even if they started work on a new season tomorrow, it would take until late 2023 or early 2024 to get it out so it wouldn't be worth it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:30 AM   #9
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The show was canceled 2 years ago. It's obviously not getting another season. The only reason the movie came out is due to the contacts signed to make it 2 years ago when they thought the show would continue.

Some of you have no idea how pre-production works. Even if they started work on a new season tomorrow, it would take until late 2023 or early 2024 to get it out so it wouldn't be worth it.
They said they’d make a third season if the movie got a lot of views such, many fans of this series would disagree with you on that.

Yes, this show does indeed have fans, you can tell by YouTube comments and twitter.

Like I said, I don’t think it needs another season as I felt it was concluded nicely. I’m sure had it actually let this season finish as originally planned Leo would have gotten a better character build up for being leader.

One thing that did annoy me was them refusing to say he was the leader now, they gave hints he was but didn’t say it. I assume it was so new fans didn’t have to watch the show and enjoy it.

Splinter should have also explained why he chose Leo as the new leader, we never got that explanation like I was hoping.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:46 AM   #10
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Time frame is a good point... As it is, the team they had certainly would have disbanded and been busy with other projects, rather than just sit at their desks waiting just in case, so it's not like they can just jump on an unproduced script come Monday morning.

On the other hand, would Nick want to invest more in a show that bombed. What a group making a show hope to do vs what the company paying for it is interested in aren't always the same either. And a lackluster toyline didn't and doesn't help.

If bringing something back would end up that far out from its original cancellation, the time and money may be better well spent on a different show with other ideas and directions that might be more universally liked. (Or god forbid, one that aims a little older on another channel owned by Viacom/CBS.)
Old 08-07-2022, 11:20 AM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

As said the team has moved on and the show ended 2 years ago, the movie was only released to fullfill whatever contract they had with netflix when it was conceived.

2023 has a new CG reboot coming in theaters, it's most likely we get a cartoon loosely based on that movie if it's a success.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 12:11 PM   #12
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It was originally intended for 2021 release, so that would have been just one year after the series finale.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 12:38 PM   #13
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

When was the last time a show like this was revived? Something that wasn’t too popular? I thought Young Justice but it had a big enough fandom for it to be cancelled because of too many female fans
Old 08-07-2022, 08:35 PM   #14
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
One thing that did annoy me was them refusing to say he was the leader now, they gave hints he was but didn’t say it. I assume it was so new fans didn’t have to watch the show and enjoy it.

Splinter should have also explained why he chose Leo as the new leader, we never got that explanation like I was hoping.
What was the point in making him the leader at the very end of the show only for them to not outright say he's the leader? It makes me wonder how much of this movie was changed or altered before release.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 10:53 PM   #15
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

I'm guessing that if there was a season 3, Baxter would've invented a device that ended up aging himself up.
Old 09-11-2022, 10:02 PM   #16
Torterra
Foot Soldier

Well I mean a season 3 could have built up the Triceatons and the fugitoid introduced a new Foot clan leader to be the main villain for the foot like Tatsu or Hun. Maybe introduce Renet and Savanti Romero and do a time travel special. They do a special introducing Usagi Yojimbo there are plenty of storylines and characters they can do a season 3 or even 4 with, without using or bringing back Shredder or Kraang.

Last edited by Torterra; 09-11-2022 at 10:08 PM.
Torterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 02:27 PM   #17
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sad to say that sounds like a different show and may be asking a lot for a show that cared more about memes and 6-year-old humor than story advancement.
Old 09-12-2022, 04:01 PM   #18
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Sad to say that sounds like a different show and may be asking a lot for a show that cared more about memes and 6-year-old humor than story advancement.
Im sorry to say this, but your comment shows that you have not followed the show through its shortlived 2 seasons apparently. Rise really offers wonderful character developement (see splinter for example) and an advancing story.

But in regards to the suggestions of the poster before your comment I dont know if the 'usual' road in turtles media (triceraton invasion, etc) would have been the definite way to go for the show since rise of the tmnt started out making its own thing, breaking free of the mold and telling their own story (hidden city, yokai, etc) even if they very cleverly worked in familiar characters into their story in parts (krang, casey)
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 04:02 PM   #19
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

On another note, nickelodeon has uploaded another batch of brandnew rise shorts. Has anyone here watched them?
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 04:04 PM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
Im sorry to say this, but your comment shows that you have not followed the show through its shortlived 2 seasons apparently. Rise really offers wonderful character developement (see splinter for example) and an advancing story.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote