The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #41
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome View Post
I bet I'm the only person here excited for this since I'm a new fan. totally picking this up.
Excited about the re-release of the boxed set? You are absolutely NOT the only person excited about it. I just ordered it myself and can't wait to get it!!!!
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:09 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
nones making noise!! no one CARES about seeing 4 kids [except their 4 fans] they wont sell and that's all there is to it.. OT sells cause its a plain BETTER PRODUCT.. 4kids isn't..

WHY ISNT THERE A DEMAND FOR 4KIDS??????? why/?? cause its not entertaining, its considered the next mutation#2 of the turtles series to be honest with you..
Why are you ranting over and over? You do this in every thread I honestly wonder if you're autistic in the sense that you can't stop repeating yourself.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #43
Leo656
The Franchise

I can't believe that guy's still around. Ridiculous.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:28 PM   #44
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why are you ranting over and over? You do this in every thread I honestly wonder if you're autistic in the sense that you can't stop repeating yourself.
Omg. Lmao. You and him are mirror images of each other.

I wouldn't consider 2k3 'next mutation 2' but it is pretty forgettable. I blame the last 3 seasons. Especially when the writes themselves felt they couldn't come up with other seasons unless it relied on some kind of gimmick.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Omg. Lmao. You and him are mirror images of each other.

I wouldn't consider 2k3 'next mutation 2' but it is pretty forgettable. I blame the last 3 seasons. Especially when the writes themselves felt they couldn't come up with other seasons unless it relied on some kind of gimmick.
Nothing about it was forgettable . The fact that we still talk about it is enough
Old 06-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #46
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Nothing about it was forgettable . The fact that we still talk about it is enough
We don't count. This is a tmnt forum. If we go by this forum then Venus and Mona Lisa must be the most memorable tmnt character ever and household names everyone knows about.

2k3 is forgotten history.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 06-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
We don't count. This is a tmnt forum. If we go by this forum then Venus and Mona Lisa must be the most memorable tmnt character ever and household names everyone knows about.

2k3 is forgotten history.
No it is not. IDW and Archie are even less known
Old 06-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #48
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
And 2k3 is third after that. Your point? And never compare comics to cartoons. You know most people are gonna know about what's on tv and movies than in books. The x-men would still be obscure today if there was never any cartoons or live action movies about them.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #49
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
We already have this cartoon on DVD. Why are they releasing it again?
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:59 PM   #50
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I'd say only "Turtles and the Hare" is the only stinker on their "10 best" list. Not a great list, but not as bad as it could have been either.
Its not Turtles And A Hare that is surpring,but Superhero For A Day sticks out. It was a fine episode but not top ten material. I would argue that Splinter Vanishes is a better representation of season 4. However we all know the pathetic nature as to how they decided what would be included. My favorite overall episode did make it even with the method used so I can't complian too much especially since it makes no sense to buy it for me.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:07 PM   #51
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
nones making noise!! no one CARES about seeing 4 kids [except their 4 fans] they wont sell and that's all there is to it.. OT sells cause its a plain BETTER PRODUCT.. 4kids isn't..

WHY ISNT THERE A DEMAND FOR 4KIDS??????? why/?? cause its not entertaining, its considered the next mutation#2 of the turtles series to be honest with you..
"He be trollin and rollin, writing ..........."LMAO
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:52 PM   #52
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
And 2k3 is third after that. Your point? And never compare comics to cartoons. You know most people are gonna know about what's on tv and movies than in books. The x-men would still be obscure today if there was never any cartoons or live action movies about them.
What? X-men was tremendously popular before the first movie in 2000. Even back in the 90's I always heard kids at school compare TMNT to the X-men because they were both mutants, and I didn't even watch X-men at the time, but I was aware of their existence.

Batman, Superman, Spiderman, and the X-men were the 4 big mainstream superheroes prior to TMNT. It was only after the Marvel movies that the Avengers went from comic book obscurity to well known
Old 06-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #53
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

AW WHAT!?

I just ordered the complete season three set the other day, too. But it was super cheap, so if this set hits Amazon again I might sell my single-season DVDs and go for this instead. Hard to resist that cool Turtle Van case.

Last edited by Bry; 06-22-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:12 PM   #54
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
What? X-men was tremendously popular before the first movie in 2000. Even back in the 90's I always heard kids at school compare TMNT to the X-men because they were both mutants, and I didn't even watch X-men at the time, but I was aware of their existence.

Batman, Superman, Spiderman, and the X-men were the 4 big mainstream superheroes prior to TMNT. It was only after the Marvel movies that the Avengers went from comic book obscurity to well known
Not really. Only comic book nerds knew who the xmen (and avengers and so on) and back in my day those kinds of people were considered losers. I mean the only marvel people knew offhand without actually buying a comic were Spidey, Cap, and Wolverine. It wasn't until the 90s cartoon hit that they were a lot more known and made popular. It also helped that ,save for psylocke, the team in the comics at the time matched the one in the cartoon.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Not really. Only comic book nerds knew who the xmen (and avengers and so on) and back in my day those kinds of people were considered losers. I mean the only marvel people knew offhand without actually buying a comic were Spidey, Cap, and Wolverine. It wasn't until the 90s cartoon hit that they were a lot more known and made popular. It also helped that ,save for psylocke, the team in the comics at the time matched the one in the cartoon.
How is this possible? The X-men, or at least Cyclops and Wolverine, were always popular and well known.

DC's big three, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman (as well as Robin), were also always well known.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:42 PM   #56
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Uh. Then its pretty shocking that X-Men vol. 2 No. 1 is the best-selling comic book of all-time with sales of over 8.1 million copies & almost $7 million, according to Guinness World Records. Started by a sales boom that predated the cartoon by a year.

But, you know, X-Men weren't popular before the cartoon or movie.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:31 PM   #57
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
I think we're all forgetting something even worse than Next Mutation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
Not gonna lie, I laughed really hard. Thank you.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:54 AM   #58
Powder
So tired of this place

The TMNT anime is better than Next Mutation, TMNT, & the 4kids series, bruh.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:57 AM   #59
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I just ordered it today using Ground shipping.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:24 AM   #60
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The TMNT anime is better than Next Mutation, TMNT, & the 4kids series, bruh.
You're being sarcastic, right? PLEASE tell me you're being sarcastic.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote