The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Art and Design

Notices

Old 07-31-2016, 01:31 PM   #1
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Tattoos?

Been planning to art up my arm(s) eventually, and was wondering how many people on here have tats.

What'd you get, where'd you get it, how bad did it hurt, how long did it take to heal?

I know Powder's got some pretty sick TMNT tats, but I think that's all I've heard around here... help a brother out?
Old 07-31-2016, 03:00 PM   #2
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Aw yeah man, I got these sick babies at a birthday party.

Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:55 PM   #3
Unworthy tinker
Hench Mutant

My parents have tattoos.

My mom got the names of my siblings and I on her wrists a couple years back. It apparently doesn't really hurt much, if at all, unless like, a nerve is hit or something (let's put this into perspective: the needle only goes in like, a 28th of an inch). Far as healing, I don't know.

My dad has a skull on his arm, it's bigger than my mom's tats, but I was like, two when he got it, I only really remember seeing him with a bandage on his arm for a while.

Watch out though, my mom has a friend who got a tattoo and was allergic to the ink used. Probably a super low chance that you're allergic, but it's at least something good to know just in case.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:13 AM   #4
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Been planning to art up my arm(s) eventually, and was wondering how many people on here have tats.

What'd you get, where'd you get it, how bad did it hurt, how long did it take to heal?

I know Powder's got some pretty sick TMNT tats, but I think that's all I've heard around here... help a brother out?
I have a Medusa with skull pasties under my left arm and a leaf less tree on the outer arm with skulls around it and a bird picking at one of the skulls. Left arm is tribal band with tribal guitar. Inside left ankle I gave myself a piece sign inside right ankle I did a nirvana smiley face logo.

When it comes to healing it depends on after care dedication with putting scent free lotion on it frequently. Also it hurts like a bad sun burn during the healing process. Pain during the experience just depends on person getting the art and their tolerance as well as person doing the work and their skill. Also location and amount of time under the needle.

This is the one of my medusa. I can't remember how long ago I got it, maybe eight years ago. The guy use to have a shop in Seattle but now is in Germany. It's a weird angle in the photo but it starts under arm and goes to elbow. Don't mind the pit hair. lol. It's 27 pic down in right column. If interested.

http://www.apocalypsetattoo.com/benjaminmoss/

Last edited by TurtleWA; 08-03-2016 at 12:29 AM.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:16 AM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Both arms and back are done up and have plans to get more on right arm in October. Healing is different from when I was 18... the scabby tissue used to slough off like a giant bit of snakeskin after 3-4 days, but now there's just little scabs that can take a week or so to run its course.

I have a biomechanical naked crucified woman with a horn being implanted into her head on my left arm. My right is a play on the DaVinci man wingspan thing, but demonic (loosely based on the CD insert of Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar album) with wings and wires and circuitry. On my back is a big bull skull with circuitry and wire tubes linking to the other two tattoos.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:18 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't have any tattoos. I really can't think of anything image wise to bother getting so I don't bother.

Plus, you know, I'm a short white boy. I think I'd look silly with tattoo's. Like I'm trying to be gangsta or something.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:17 AM   #7
Slade
god status

Got 5. Outer forearm hurt the most, because of the bone followed by upper left arm when it got close to the underside of my arm around the arm pit, hurt like a b*tch. Inner forearm is easy to do.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:32 AM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't have any tattoos. I really can't think of anything image wise to bother getting so I don't bother.

Plus, you know, I'm a short white boy. I think I'd look silly with tattoo's. Like I'm trying to be gangsta or something.
I, too, can't think of anything I'd like to have permanently tattooed on my flesh.

A lot of girls seem to get those star or butterfly tattoos. I find them generic and dunno how can they think those tats are so meaningful to the point of wanting them on their flesh for the rest of their lives, but hey I'm not judging. I'm just wondering.

Some tattoos definitely look cool, but I won't deny that I find it odd when I see someone with their body nearly fully covered in tats.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:31 AM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

Unworthy_Tinker's stuff comes closest to what I initially have in mind for myself. But all of this is very helpful and appreciated.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:52 PM   #10
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

I've had the same plan for a long time but I always go back and forth on what to get and how to position the things I want.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:36 PM   #11
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Has anyone in here ever designed or been asked to design a tattoo for somebody? I have, but I always refuse as I don't want the responsibility of drawing something that will be permanently etched onto someone. It stresses me out.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:40 PM   #12
Roseangelo
Emperor

Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote