The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-08-2009, 12:08 AM   #81
Sarah
Hench Mutant

Location: In Archon's kitchen playing with his toys while he's tied up on the ground. :D
actually I find that being female has it's advantages in that department. no one has ever given me weird looks when I go to buy new toys, specially when I bring my niece's and nephew's with me. they just assume that the toys are for the kids.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #82
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
Any idea of when on that? I may just wait on getting the single carded ones if I can just get them in one set.
Well i was told the box set wuld be coming first and I think it was going to be at Toys R Us so everyone keep an eye out for that.
But as we can see the single carded turtles are out at Target first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
You know that's funny, I've only one time had some one give me a hard time for buying action figures, and that was a Winx Club doll. But never for Star Wars, TMNT, GI Joe, etc.
I've never had a hard time either, must be just certain people in certain areas.
As I work at Wal-mart and have people of all ages coming into the store I never give them a hard time since I collect myself.
Hell I'm right there with them when they complain that they can't ever find anything, my wal-mart hardly ever gets anything good in.
We have yet to even get the wal-mart exclusive marvel legends figures!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Oh noes, the minimum wage cashier at Walmart might not approve of my buying habits for the 30 seconds of my life I'm in contact with him. Boohoo.
Watch it woman lol!
but yeah who cares what others think of you, if you enjoy it do it I say.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:36 AM   #83
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Awesome, I'll keep an eye on my local TRU then.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:37 AM   #84
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I hope my "special needs" store will get a hold of the old tmnt. I hardly bet I can count on the Toys 'R us back here they suck a monkey through a fire hose
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #85
Ninjinister
無問題

My TRU is hit or miss. They had Fast Forward wave 1 way before anyone else I knew, even online, but it took them forever to get the Dark Turtles and wave 2 of the movie figures. I don't even think they have Sub-Sewer there to this day.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #86
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Oh noes, the minimum wage cashier at Walmart might not approve of my buying habits for the 30 seconds of my life I'm in contact with him. Boohoo.
Dang Rose...save that venom for Laird.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #87
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
actually I find that being female has it's advantages in that department. no one has ever given me weird looks when I go to buy new toys, specially when I bring my niece's and nephew's with me. they just assume that the toys are for the kids.
I generally get weird looks when buying things such as several TPBs at once or whatever when I'm at a normal bookstore. What really weirds them out, though, is that I'm dressed, groomed, and acting completely normal and if anyone comments on my buying habits I generally respond in a very friendly way as if they were making small talk and I'm completely oblivious to the fact that whatever I'm buying might be strange to a lot of people.

It just messes with people so much when I start clashing stereotypes together like that and act like it's no big deal. They just don't know what to do so they just go back to minding their own business.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #88
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Feel better now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I've never had a hard time either, must be just certain people in certain areas.
I think it's the area too. There must be a heckuva lot of scalpers around here. A few years ago I even had the manager at one local Wal-Mart tell me that I am a scalper because I am an adult who buys figures and not to come back because they wouldn't help me anymore after asking him about the Wal-Mart exclusive wave of WWE figures that had a Lita figure in it that I wanted. They seem to see scalpers everywhere and treat people accordingly. I guess that's why I hate scalpers so much.

Last edited by NoPressApril; 01-08-2009 at 12:29 PM.
NoPressApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #89
Krueger
Hench Mutant

I don't buy the whole "found these at Target" deal. I'm sure they'll be in there within the month, but what makes his Target so special and ours nothing but chopped liver?! Nonetheless, I told myself I would only buy Shredder and Slash but I think I'm caving now that I see the packages. Maybe there will be 100 different Slash variants I can spend my money on again.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #90
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

Thumbs up

ah--hah...ah oh my GAWD! dudes! i love the packaginfg! DVD?? dudes! kids could learn of the orginal tmnt and have the orginal toys as well im freaking out dudes! I'M GETTING FLASH BACKS FROM MY CHILDHOOD LOOKING AT THE ORIGINAL BOX ART!!
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #91
Ninjinister
無問題

At least somebody's excited.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #92
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

there have been dvd release of the old cartoon before so the dvds is no biggie
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #93
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
At least somebody's excited.
yes i am. very much excited. its a chance to rebuy all those old toys of my childhood. dunno why so many fans bitch. i for one am happy
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:45 PM   #94
DonsAssistant
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
I don't buy the whole "found these at Target" deal. I'm sure they'll be in there within the month, but what makes his Target so special and ours nothing but chopped liver?!
I was all excited and showed a friend this thread yesterday so he could see the pics and his reply was "yeah I saw those today". I was like "pictures?" and he said, "no, at target". He's in Ohio. He said it was just the four turtles. They don't have them out where I am but I guess they're around somewhere.
DonsAssistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #95
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
yes i am. very much excited. its a chance to rebuy all those old toys of my childhood. dunno why so many fans bitch. i for one am happy
Well i'm as excited as you are about these but on the other hand I can understand why alot of fans are pissed. To me these are awesome because i'm a MOMC collector and this is brand new packaging, another variation and another chapter in the vintage line that I love so much. However, if I opened my toys these would just be figures that I already own and don't need again so I would feel pretty shafted having stuck with this line for 21 years with nothing but Hot Topic t-shirts to celebrate the anniversary with. Oh, and the possibility of a pantless Shredder variation that looks like an 80's Masters of the Universe reject. Couple that with the fact that $8.99 a piece beats the hell outta what people have had to pay on Ebay to get these same figures for years now and i'd say i'm surprised that people aren't bitching more.

Last edited by NoPressApril; 01-08-2009 at 06:28 PM.
NoPressApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:09 PM   #96
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonsAssistant View Post
I was all excited and showed a friend this thread yesterday so he could see the pics and his reply was "yeah I saw those today". I was like "pictures?" and he said, "no, at target". He's in Ohio. He said it was just the four turtles. They don't have them out where I am but I guess they're around somewhere.

I live in Ohio.. I was at a target last night and only saw one figure. I plan to keep my eyes peeled so I'll keep you guys informed if I see them..
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #97
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

I was going to try and wait until they hit other stores to see if the $9 was the actual price but I saw them at Target and bought a set. It was just two sets of the four turtles, which is what I imagine is the case they're shipping right now. They were $8.99 and said classic turtles. It's possible that's the price for the mirage inspired figures, target has messed up prices before (Target Marvel Legends being $15 because of the Foom wave, they later dropped them to $10 and I got burned on that one).

I noticed the paint looks a little more flat on the plastron. Of the 8 figures at least 4 or 5 had lousy paint apps, especially on the knee/arm pads and teeth. Good luck guys!

Edit: Oh by the way, it was ****ing incredible to see these in stores again, especially Target since that's where I got a lot of my original figures back in the day.

Double Edit: Sorry I'm kind of surprised how excited I am about these but I just realized that since the original turtle toys were made in 1988, the same figures have been rereleased in both decades since. The figures were still being released into the 90's but they were all rereleased in 1998/99. Now they're being reissued in 2009. Will they continue in 2019? 2029?

Last edited by BigApple3AM; 01-08-2009 at 06:49 PM.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #98
IamtheKnight
Stone Warrior

Was this a super target? And where was it? Can you take pics? Which figures did you see?
IamtheKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #99
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Normal Target, IL, just the four turtles as I said, and any picture I take would be the same as the one on page 1 of this thread.

Also, the four turtles all come with different episodes. They're all from season 1. Leo - Episode 1 Turtle Tracks
Don - Episode 2 Enter the Shredder
Raph - Episode 3 A thing about Rats
Mike - Episode 4 Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X

They're all labeled right on the DVD. Pretty cool. I'm not sure if the episodes they come with are random but I imagine it's specific.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #100
IamtheKnight
Stone Warrior

Thanks! I might try this weekend.
IamtheKnight is offline   Reply With Quote