The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-02-2017, 12:43 AM   #61
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

To me, it never seemed like the vast majority of people who check on horoscopes take it seriously, instead just looking at it like a fun piece of trivia.

But Yeah, I have zero interest in Astrology despite being religious. I never understood the appeal but I have nothing against people believing in it.

Edit: How did this thread about being twenty years old become about Astrology all of a sudden? Whats next: Scientology?

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 12-02-2017 at 12:56 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 01:00 AM   #62
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
To me, it never seemed like the vast majority of people who check on horoscopes take it seriously, instead just looking at it like a fun piece of trivia.

But Yeah, I have zero interest in Astrology despite being religious. I never understood the appeal but I have nothing against people believing in it.

Edit: How did this thread about being twenty years old become about Astrology all of a sudden? Whats next: Scientology?
Scientology? What is there even to discuss about it? It's just a scam to ripoff gullible rich people such as Tom Cruise and Jon Travolta.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 01:21 AM   #63
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post

So far as daily horoscopes go I have read them with a pinch of salt, like a lot of people,I don't think my day will be the same as every other Leo, course it goes deeper than that for those who are into it.

Also, Happy Birthday Duckie! Hope you are not stuck working (unless it doesn't bother you)
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 02:07 PM   #64
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I take them about as serious as I do fortune cookie fortunes. Just a bit of fun. Not all of mine describes me, but plenty enough of it does, so that's cool. Very happy to have gotten Taurus.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:46 PM   #65
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm Aquarius

I have zero understanding on what that means in regarding to my personality, but it sounds like some sort of awesome legendary sea creature and behemoth like Poseidon so ill take it.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:51 PM   #66
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Poseidon is a god, not a sea creature. Just a dude.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:10 AM   #67
Prowler
Emperor

This thread makes me feel old a bit. Goddamn you, Papi.

And it also makes me realise how silly I us for feeling "old" when I turned 20. Looking back I was a kid who knew nothing about life.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:52 AM   #68
CyberCubed
Overlord

20 year olds are still kids. I'd say you're not an adult until 25.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:56 AM   #69
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
20 year olds are still kids. I'd say you're not an adult until 25.
Aren't there studies that state the part of a person's brain responsible for making tough decisions doesn't fully develop until they're 25? So yeah, you're on to something there.

Employers don't really take people under 25 that seriously. And some argue that 25 is when you stop being a young adult.

As a 27 year old and far from being the most mature one out there, I finde people below 23 to be quite immature looking and sounding.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:38 PM   #70
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I just turned twenty today!

Man, I wish I was/were younger.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:25 PM   #71
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I just turned twenty today!

Man, I wish I was/were younger.
Happy Birthday!

20 is still very young, don't worry
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:34 PM   #72
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, twenty isn't a really big deal...and my twenty-first was far from thrilling either.

I had lunch with my mom, brothers, and a lady I was working with at a German restaurant, and what did I get for my first legal boozing?

Really bitter wine.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:36 PM   #73
CyberCubed
Overlord

You're not old until you hit the big 3-0. Then you wonder where your youth has gone.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:38 PM   #74
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Being young is overrated. I'd rather be working with responsibilities than be in school with homework.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:26 AM   #75
newfan
Mad Scientist

Happy Birthday Papenbrook.

Some people have a problem with getting older, from a young age, it just means we spend time worrying about being old when we are not, until we are.
As mentioned above, I'd choose my 20's over late teens.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:51 AM   #76
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Happy Birthday Papenbrook.

Some people have a problem with getting older, from a young age, it just means we spend time worrying about being old when we are not, until we are.
As mentioned above, I'd choose my 20's over late teens.
yeah my early 20s were far from being great but they were better than my teens.

I thought 20s would be the time of my life where I'd peak, but I'm 27 and still don't think like I did. I hope the next 10-20 years of my life are better than my previous 7 years. It'd suck if life got worse after you turn 25.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:31 AM   #77
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It'd suck if life got worse after you turn 25.
I don't think it does, it depends on your life at that point rather than your age.
I did something that I had wanted to do in life when I was 26/27. We all have our phases and life can change unexpectedly for good or bad.
I think the time points that stand out to me as happy phases in adult life are 20, 27 and 31/32.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:50 AM   #78
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I don't think it does, it depends on your life at that point rather than your age.
I did something that I had wanted to do in life when I was 26/27. We all have our phases and life can change unexpectedly for good or bad.
I think the time points that stand out to me as happy phases in adult life are 20, 27 and 31/32.
Well everyone is different. Some people didn't have very nice childhoods or 20s.

Tbh most older people I've met wouldn't really want to go back to their youth days. They only miss their bodies and health from that time period. . Also, the older you get, the more your views change on what's "old" and "young". My maternal grandmother died when she was 88 or something. She considered people in their 40s and even 50s "young". She referred to lots of women in their early 50s as "girls".
Old 12-04-2017, 04:22 AM   #79
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Well everyone is different. Some people didn't have very nice childhoods or 20s.

Tbh most older people I've met wouldn't really want to go back to their youth days. They only miss their bodies and health from that time period. . Also, the older you get, the more your views change on what's "old" and "young". My maternal grandmother died when she was 88 or something. She considered people in their 40s and even 50s "young". She referred to lots of women in their early 50s as "girls".
Yeah I was told I was a baby by an older person the other week

Sadly yes, not everyone experiences a happy childhood/youth.
Also, I think you have a point about some people just wanting to be physically young too, I don't have a problem with the timepoint in life itself nor do I need or want to be in my early 20s, I would just have liked time to slow a bit in recent years
Old 12-04-2017, 04:45 AM   #80
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah I was told I was a baby by an older person the other week

Sadly yes, not everyone experiences a happy childhood/youth.
Also, I think you have a point about some people just wanting to be physically young too, I don't have a problem with the timepoint in life itself nor do I need or want to be in my early 20s, I would just have liked time to slow a bit in recent years
The only people who think I'm old are people aged 18-24. Tbh when i was 16 I also found people around 25-30 to be "old" and quite grown up.

I can't help but notice people younger than 23 look very young and immature. Which is odd to me since I think I have looked the same since I was 18-19 or so and pretty much everyone assumes I'm about 4 years younger than my actual age. Last year, some 20 year old girl was pretty surprised when I told her I was 26 years old. She said I looked "pretty young" for my age... although I doubt she knows what a person aged 26 looks like. Did she expect me to have wrinkles and a beer belly already or something? Plus my hair is slightly receding already. So how can I look like I'm in my early 20s still?

Tags
passage of time, time cucks, timelords ponder, whats it like being a sjw