The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Bebop and Rocksteady As Individuals

These two are always paired together and don't have much character development to separate the two. They still are cool and hilarious to a majority of us. I have always wanted to see more of them but 1. more threatening maybe some blood on thier hands 2.separate personalities. What do we know that makes thme different or done without the other?

Bebop had a pet turtle that became the dimwitted savage Slash. He was also put in charge of foot soliders to do Krang's dirty work when Rocksteady was beamed aboard a spaceship with Donatello. Bebop killed Chr'ell accidentally. That is all that I can think of that was separate of the two. Aside from the fact that Bebop carries a bat while Rocksteady the dagger and wears an army helmet on occasion. I am sure there is more,but I can't think of much that separates Bebop and Rocksteady from one another. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
Icebot
Foot Elite

In Atlantis Awakes, Bebop became the king and Rocksteady got jealous and he was just the king's servant.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
In Atlantis Awakes, Bebop became the king and Rocksteady got jealous and he was just the king's servant.
I had ALMOST forgotten about that. So Bebop got Slash as his pet,accidently killed Chr'ell, and mistakenly placed on the Atlantis throne while Rocksteady got abducted. He has gotten more than Rocksteady as far as separating the two. I perfer Bebop anyway. We need more to make them thier own characters!
Old 11-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
RatedR
Random Punk

Well the characters is always funny..both of them..but i still prefer Bebop
RatedR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I had ALMOST forgotten about that. So Bebop got Slash as his pet,accidently killed Chr'ell, and mistakenly placed on the Atlantis throne while Rocksteady got abducted. He has gotten more than Rocksteady as far as separating the two. I perfer Bebop anyway. We need more to make them thier own characters!
Rocksteady is always the first boss in the videogames, except the first one where Bebop is a mini boss. I always thought Bebop's design was better anyway, but liked Rocksteady more. In terms of making them their own characters it's not really needed, because they were just used as bumbling henchmen and brutes. They started out as vicious but dumb adversaries and ended up being guys that the TMNT just beat up on a weekly basis. It was all fine and well cuz they were some of the most popular villains in the series, although it did become formulaic after a while. They might do something different in IDW so here's hoping.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
lmao that I got to see.

Also Bebop got to impersonate Leonardo in 'Leonardo is missing'.

Rocksteady's solo scene was when he was with Donatello on that spaceship.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Rocksteady is actually smarter than Bebop if you pay close attention. There are a lot of episodes where Rocksteady comes up with something and Bebop follows along.

Don't forget Rocksteady fell in love with April due to the love potion and generally got into more action.

And don't forget that Bebop is black and Rocksteady is white. If Bebop returns in the Nick show but as a white guy I would be furious.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist

Bebop also had that ice mutant obey him b/c he removed a missile from its hand in "Ice Creature Cometh."

DonatelloNinja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
They still are cool and hilarious to a majority of us.
I look at it as a litmus test, myself.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloNinja82 View Post
Bebop also had that ice mutant obey him b/c he removed a missile from its hand in "Ice Creature Cometh."
That is true. It seems Bebop got more chances to shine than Rocksteady.

Rocksteady is more often listed ahead and in one more game than Bebop,Hyperstone Heist was odd with him and not his best bud. Rocksteady also got the better labels like Warthog Man and Super Rocksteady(his mecha conunerpart) while Warthog Boy and Mighty Bebop are perhaps a lesser title. So Rocksteady gets the stronger label I suppose so perhaps it balanaces out with that. Still it would be nice to see individual character traits between the two of them

Cubed,the race of Bebop would not matter. Remember the original Mutations line that had Bebop as a white guy? Heck,Shredder was a shirtless white guy for some reason! The race of Baxter Stockman did not matter because the essence of the character was there and that was what matter. In both cartoons he was a rebelious underling of Shredder by force. There are differences but the personalities were essentially the same just Baxter of the 2003 cartoon wa able to expand alot more with many more apeparances than the 13 appearances Baxter Stockman made in TMNT(1987) and five and a half as a mutant fly.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #11
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Bebop? Rocksteady? Individuals?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #12
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

I thought Bebop was hilarious myself! I always loved his trying-to-be-smart one-liners/comments!

Shredder: The Turtles, I've forgotten they live in the sewers!
Bebop: Yeah, I dunno how the turtles live in such sub standardized housing.

*Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady looking for Metalhead in the sewer*
Bebop: Aww look boss, that oil slick must be all that's left of him.

I think Rocksteady was the stupider of the two personally. That's how I tell them apart.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

You guys don't understand, Rocksteady generally acted like "the leader" when it was only him and Bebop together.

You have to pay attention, but Bebop generally went along with whatever Rocksteady said at the time. There are a few times he questions him like in "Green with Jealousy."

Rocksteady eats the pizza with the love potion and Bebop says, "Are you sure you should be eating that? It has the love gunk all over it." And Rocksteady replies, "Nothing is going to happen to THIS Rhino."
Old 11-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #14
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Yeah I do notice that Rocksteady usually said 'C'mon Bebop, let's 'so forth and so forth'. You never heard Bebop tell Rocksteady what to do.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #15
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah I do notice that Rocksteady usually said 'C'mon Bebop, let's 'so forth and so forth'. You never heard Bebop tell Rocksteady what to do.
Ido remember one instance which he says "Look out world for Bebop and Rocksteady!" as he and Rocksteady attempted the failed dive into the portal in "Return of The Shredder". While Bebop got more stuff to do individually Rocksteady seemed to be the slightly more important one.But I am team Bebop and besides they are both practically equals of one another. Its like ta lesser version of the arguement that Shredder is under Krang instead of full partners with similar yet different goals. Bebop and Rocskteady had the same goals.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #16
Type 97 Chi-ha
Mad Scientist

In the episode where Baxter Stockman turned Shredder into a fly, wasn't it Bebop who was the first to realize that Shredder was no longer in a position to give them orders?
Type 97 Chi-ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just watched "Michaelangelo's Birthday" from Season 3 and when Shredder goes with the Turtles to show them the captive Michaelangelo, Bebop/Rocksteady were left behind.

Bebop then says, "What do we do now, Rocksteady?"

And Rocksteady tells him to steal two kids bicycles. More proof that Bebop always looked to Rocksteady for advice when they were by themselves.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #18
Garfield
Hench Mutant

Bebop seemed a little nicer too... like, if circumstances in his life turned out better, than he might have been a stand up chap.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #19
Icebot
Foot Elite

I just remembered in The Gang's All Here, near the end of the episode as everyone was trying to figure out what to do, the questions were asked as follows:

Gang Member: Now what Bebop?
Bebop: Now what Rocksteady?
Rocksteady: Now what?... Oh, I forgot, the boss isn't here.

Notice how Bebop asked Rocksteady the question before Rocksteady tried to ask Shredder. This probably proves Rocksteady is more of a leader than Bebop.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #20
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Well, Rocksteady as a human was leading the original gang in Turtle Tracks when they came up to April. He is much more aggressive and stereotypical of a gang leader than Bebop is, who is more of a supporting assistant. Bebop is more of a self-spoken sadist, who constantly enjoys more hobbies in his downtime (comic books, video games) who just happens to not be as intelligent.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop, rocksteady