The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-03-2014, 11:26 PM   #101
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Say what now?
He's telling people that the film will piss you off if you're a hardcore fan but I'm willing to bet he doesn't even know what that truly means
DioLeo451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #102
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydbanks7 View Post
I can't stand critics who use snarky reasons like "Whoopi Goldberg is in this for some reason". And he said William Fichtner is one of the greatest badguys of all time but not in this movie? What other movie is a bad guy in, let alone IN. I only know him from The Dark Knight as the bank manager who yells "YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD". The main theme of every review, critic or regular viewer, that I've seen is that the Turtles are great in this. That's all I need to hear.
William Fichtner is known to play bad guys, so I can see why he said that. He was the villain in last year's The Lone Ranger, he was somewhat of a bad guy in Pearl Harbor, he was quite the dick in A Perfect Storm, he was really good at playing both sides in Invasion, and he was a crazy ass villain in Prison Break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DioLeo451 View Post
He's telling people that the film will piss you off if you're a hardcore fan but I'm willing to bet he doesn't even know what that truly means
What is a hard core fan when it comes to TMNT? Is it the ones that are the comic book fans? The ones that are the Fred Wolf fans?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:33 PM   #103
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
That also neglects the "audience scores":
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 81%
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: 68%
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: 35%
TMNT: 61%
Back then critics weren't ready for comic book movies then...and TMNT as a franchise was only 5 years old when the 1st film hit. There are variables. Now critics could be Turtle fans. I mean....I'm 30. If I could figure out how to make the leap to that career field, I'd totally do it.
I'm 41 and still a Turtles fan.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:34 PM   #104
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
William Fichtner is known to play bad guys, so I can see why he said that. He was the villain in last year's The Lone Ranger, he was somewhat of a bad guy in Pearl Harbor, he was quite the dick in A Perfect Storm, he was really good at playing both sides in Invasion, and he was a crazy ass villain in Prison Break.

What is a hard core fan when it comes to TMNT? Is it the ones that are the comic book fans? The ones that are the Fred Wolf fans?
I think a Hardcore fan means, You like all versions of TMNT that they throw at you, Comics, TV, Movies, Video Games, Whatever.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:37 PM   #105
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant

What is a hard core fan when it comes to TMNT? Is it the ones that are the comic book fans? The ones that are the Fred Wolf fans?[/QUOTE]

Dude anything Let's take the new film off that subject anything from the Comics,cartoons new and old ,original movies, tv shows,toys you name it
Old 08-03-2014, 11:38 PM   #106
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I think a Hardcore fan means, You like all versions of TMNT that they throw at you, Comics, TV, Movies, Video Games, Whatever.
Then what are the TMNT fans who are not liking the new movie because of white Shredder, the Turtles being grown in a lab instead of being completely unknown, April having possible blood connections to Baxter, the Turtles not being short, at all of that other stuff (mind you, I'm not one of them, I'm just not a fan of the clothing, some of the faces and Raph's too big of a size, and the fart and subtle sex jokes, I wasn't OK with it in the past, and I'm still not ok with it today)

And so, if hard core is considered anyone who liked all of the comics, shows games and whatnot, what would it be about this new movie to piss those people off?
Old 08-03-2014, 11:41 PM   #107
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Then what are the TMNT fans who are not liking the new movie because of white Shredder, the Turtles being grown in a lab instead of being completely unknown, April having possible blood connections to Baxter, the Turtles not being short, at all of that other stuff (mind you, I'm not one of them, I'm just not a fan of the clothing, some of the faces and Raph's too big of a size, and the fart and subtle sex jokes, I wasn't OK with it in the past, and I'm still not ok with it today)

And so, if hard core is considered anyone who liked all of the comics, shows games and whatnot, what would it be about this new movie to piss those people off?
I guess there are different levels of hardcore fans, Some are very deep into the lore of it.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #108
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Just because it's Turtles doesn't mean I should turn a blind eye to its quality.

Next Mutation has it's moments, but for the most part it's lousy. Turtle Tunes and Turtle Christmas are the worst....

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:47 PM   #109
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Just because it's Turtles doesn't mean I should turn a blind eye to its quality.

Next Mutation has it's moments, but for the most part it's lousy. Turtle Tunes and Turtle Christmas are the worst....
I was lucky, and missed out on all of the Next Mutation. (I think I was entering highschool at the time, and that wasn't a pleasant experience) but what is Turtle Tunes and Turtle Christmas? Never heard that one before.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:49 PM   #110
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
I was lucky, and missed out on all of the Next Mutation. (I think I was entering highschool at the time, and that wasn't a pleasant experience) but what is Turtle Tunes and Turtle Christmas? Never heard that one before.
Here you go.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:54 PM   #111
Artist
Thug

Quote:

I think he was talking about the, " the origin has to stay the exact same or else" hard core fans IMO. Evidence: he states it right after talking about the origin story not being the same. I think hard core fan is a TMNT fan in general. Some one willing to be on this board and talk TMNT. Was wondering if you laughed at the Jizz joke in GOTG or did you also find that kinda wrong?
Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:55 PM   #112
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Here you go.
Spoiler:

Now I know why I skipped this sh!t!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist View Post
I think he was talking about the, " the origin has to stay the exact same or else" hard core fans IMO. Evidence: he states it right after talking about the origin story not being the same. I think hard core fan is a TMNT fan in general. Some one willing to be on this board and talk TMNT. Was wondering if you laughed at the Jizz joke in GOTG or did you also find that kinda wrong?
I honestly don't remember that in GOTG, but there were several jokes that me and the rest of the audience just didn't laugh to. That joke might have been one of the jokes that flew over our heads, or we didn't quite understand because the actors were mumbling. Some of the dialogue from Drax was hard for me to understand because he mumbled more than talked.

Last edited by Jester; 08-04-2014 at 12:03 AM. Reason: 2x posts
Old 08-03-2014, 11:56 PM   #113
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Here you go.
Spoiler:

Oh God No The Horror (Dramatic female scream)

Last edited by Jester; 08-04-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #114
Artist
Thug

Quote:
I honestly don't remember that in GOTG, but there were several jokes that me and the rest of the audience just didn't laugh to. That joke might have been one of the jokes that flew over our heads, or we didn't quite understand because the actors were mumbling. Some of the dialogue from Drax was hard for me to understand because he mumbled more than talked.
When Gamora tells him (starlord) the ship is dirty, and he says, " If you took a black light to this place it would look like a Jackson Pollock painting." I laughed my a$$ off, and so did the audience, with one of those ewwwww laughs.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #115
beeshaw
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Jizz joke in GotG-

Spoiler:
Gamora tells Quill his ship is filthy then she heads up stairs (butt shot!). Quill looks over and says 'You have no idea... if I had a black light this place would light up like a Jackson Pollack painting.'

It honestly got the 2nd biggest laugh both times I saw it. Other biggest being Groot's smile during his big fight scene.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:05 AM   #116
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
When Gamora tells him (starlord) the ship is dirty, and he says, " If you took a black light to this place it would look like a Jackson Pollock painting." I laughed my a$$ off, and so did the audience, with one of those ewwwww laughs.
Yeah, don't remember this one.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:07 AM   #117
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant

[QUOTE=beeshaw;1321061]Jizz joke in GotG-

Spoiler:
Gamora tells Quill his ship is filthy then she heads up stairs (butt shot!). Quill looks over and says 'You have no idea... if I had a black light this place would light up like a Jackson Pollack painting.'

Old 08-04-2014, 12:07 AM   #118
Artist
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeshaw View Post
Jizz joke in GotG-

Spoiler:

It honestly got the 2nd biggest laugh both times I saw it. Other biggest being Groot's smile during his big fight scene.
That was funny. And going through art school, boy did it hit home ha ha
Old 08-04-2014, 12:11 AM   #119
beeshaw
Hench Mutant

Quote:
That was funny. And going through art school, boy did it hit home ha ha
Most people started laughing as soon as he said blacklight, but then that second level of laughter kicked in for those who got it. lol

ANYWAYS..Ninja Turtle Reviews....
Old 08-04-2014, 12:21 AM   #120
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

Found this one on imdb from The Wrap

http://www.thewrap.com/teenage-mutan...bay-megan-fox/

At least the story sequence in the spolier thread is bang on and megan fox isn't all that bad...
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reviews