The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 10:13 PM   #7761
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Some of the forum tags purposely misspell my username.

If you're going to insult me, at least try to spell my name correctly.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:05 PM   #7762
Vegita-San
Emperor

Must be a disney thing.

First Chapter of even Zahns new Star wars book has some kind of political correctness in it. 'you people' and 'letting your prejudices show' was hit right out of the gate. Major groan. if stuff like that is in all the books, guess it's a good thing i'm avoiding this new EU.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:29 PM   #7763
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Must be a disney thing.

First Chapter of even Zahns new Star wars book has some kind of political correctness in it. 'you people' and 'letting your prejudices show' was hit right out of the gate. Major groan. if stuff like that is in all the books, guess it's a good thing i'm avoiding this new EU.
With every complaint you make about people and media being "politically correct" you just emphasize how much I think I would dislike you in real life. It really comes across as "UGH, what are all these women and minorities doing here? This is supposed to be MY safe space!"
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:38 PM   #7764
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I can't recommend the Chrome Add On PC2Respect enough.
Quote:
Changes 'political correctness' to 'treating people with respect'
"I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase “politically correct” wherever we could with “treating other people with respect”, and it made me smile."

— Neil Gaiman

This extension changes the text 'political correctness' to 'treating people with respect' on webpages, making the web a slightly better place. Latest update also changes 'politically correct' to 'respectful' and 'politically incorrect' to 'disrespectful'
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:54 PM   #7765
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've had a headache through most of the day and I don't know what it is. I've eaten and had a good amount of water, so I don't know what's up.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:38 PM   #7766
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
The sharks are circling again..... And of course it happens right before the weekend. I swear it's like the universe is conspiring to kill what little is left of our romantic life....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:40 AM   #7767
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Well... this gear-grinder is going to require some context:

As I noted about a month ago, I was supposed to stage manage the show with a few ASMs. The keyword here is just that, "suppose to."

For several reasons, one of my ASMs (who ASMed the last two shows we did) was promoted to Co-SM with me, with the two of us having our own ASMs as a result. What I wanted to do, because there were four of us (three ASMS and I), was divide it up. My Co-SM (he's managing the next show) could handle blocking, my ASM could do music because he's the best singer, the Co-SM's partner could handle music, and I would do tech. The main thing would be that I would have the master copy of everything.

However, that was not to be. My ASM and I are doing music and tech and the other two are handling what I mentioned. Right now, I feel expendable as a manager because most of the cast is disrespecting me, refusing to listen to what I say mostly. The others get more respect because.... honestly, I don't know. Despite my acting experiences, it basically makes me wonder "Why am I here?" if that is the case.

The reason it angers me besides the cast is that I know I can handle the main managerial role. However, because the production is apparently "too big," my Co-SM is doing the next show as a manager (he's a sophomore too), and because of last year with everything I went through until the summer, it makes me feel useless here. A comment made by a cast member of "You're in the show" feels hollow because it doesn't ring too well. Unless something changes, I just don't know what to do.

If I attempt to say something, either the cast will get mad for pulling a power play on them or I lose my position. It infuriates me.
This has now been updated because I got double-crossed by the cast this week.

We went to Newport Creamery on Tuesday after doing a community night for incoming students to the school next year. I was getting so frustrated with everything that I said I wished the Co-SM could let me do a little more work. At this point, the only thing I'm truly handling is props as everything else on tech has something covered.

Somebody there reported to my director and he said two things the other day: The first is for me to stop bashing the Co-SM. He had the same talk with him as well. It is less of me bashing him and more of my frustration with a lack of responsibility.

Secondly, the only reason I have the position at all is that there's a girl, a very good friend of mine, who was originally going to manage it. She got the main villain lead (one of two) though as an opportunity and he put me as the tech to let me have a breather from last year. In summary, "I do not trust you."

That pissed me off. I had the whole thing planned before we even started. For nearly a solid month, I have been given nothing to do because of it. My assistant manager gets more than me to do; the other two as mentioned before will then take over what I'm doing for tech later despite being my domain. Hell, the cast doesn't even treat me as a damn manager.

Do I not have the right to be a little frustrated? I get it, last year blew because of my living environment and lack of recovery. However, I've been doing better and wished I could manage alone when I've been collecting everything at practically every rehearsal. It makes the entire process useless; I do not care if I have it easy, education has been manageable and forgiving this time. If only I knew what to do now.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:00 PM   #7768
Powder
So tired of this place

My one sh*thead friend. Any time we make plans, he drops the ball a number of times along the way. There's been a state fair going these last 2 weeks that we agreed to hit up together. After dragging things along for a while, he sets a date of the 19th, 3 days shy of its end. Calls me the morning of, we were still on, but a few hours later I get a brief Facebook message switching it to Sunday, the last day (today). Frustrating, but fine, I waited this long, after all. For today, we said we'd link up as early as possible. I wake up at noon, call, no answer. Call again at 12:40, 1:12, no answer. I hear back at 1:45PM, excuses, whatever, said he'd leave in a half hour or so. 3:02, Facebook message, said to be leaving shortly. 3:38, Facebook message, said to be leaving shortly. Christ almighty, fam. Get. Your. Sh*t. Together. This happens every time. It's one thing if you're a chick who's gotta do hair, makeup, etc. Some ladies have daily routines & all that, no problem, but we're talking about a 30 year old man with a shaved head. He has nothing to do but wake up, shower, & dip. His girl's coming too, I'm sure she needed some time to get together (which I'd never begrudge) but his ridiculous tardiness has been an issue long before she came into the picture. & in these restless hours, the sun has gone, now it's all cloudy. Would've been nice to soak in some cheery daylight. Friggin' guy. Ah. Hopefully I'll be with them on the way to the event soon...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:51 PM   #7769
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yesterday, but still annoyed...

Yes, Mr. Manager guy whose turn it is to do the morning rally meeting thing at work... yes, make sure to happily mention that "for some of us it's the end of the week" and tell us how you're off Sunday (today) and will be able to watch football. Make sure you say this in front of members of my team that are there, esp those who never get a weekend off, let alone even one weekend day, because we're the ones who have to, as usual, be in early this morning to do the sale signs (and deal with the various headaches it usually brings), that we do every god damn Sunday and NEVER get a break from.

Doesn't help that later I was right there in ear shot when he was calling the newer-ish cashiers that were there his "favorite girls" (while mentioning "because [he] trained them")... and then called them "the best department."

That "best department" part I'm still annoyed at. Assuming he actually meant team, because they themselves are not a "department" and that's primarily the only regular registers in use, so it's not like he's comparing other groups of cashiers. Soooo if it's comparing their team to other teams in the store that do other jobs, and work damn hard, harder than those girls do, it isn't appreciated.

No self awareness at all, I guess. Not to mention no real awareness of how hard I and others in my team work and all that we do there...

I know he was no doubt just buttering them up trying to push them to do their job well, but UGH. It's insulting enough that the cashiers get rewarded and crap for getting credit apps (or at least used to, I'm not sure it's still a thing) while we bust our asses, never stop moving, never have a slow day or moment like them even when foot traffic is slow because for us there is always more to get done, but we're rewarded with, well... We get paid? They had at one time been getting candy bars for credit apps. (And when I started there it was a bonus $2 per, though I think that stopped.) Meanwhile the people who are burning tons of calories and never stop moving (never standing around like them, chatting or playing with phones because there are no customers to deal with at the moment)...nada. A candy bar while trying to get as much out to the floor as possible because two trucks brought a ton of merchandise would be nice...

Bonus grind... The grossness of humans. Esp those who either throw or drop from their car (presumably the passenger side since that's the side of the parking spot it was on, and closer to my spot than I liked... ew) two used condoms and a slightly used tampon. The hell... Now I'm wondering if that is someone's spot to get it on in their car after hours. And right behind a firehouse (sitting up above an embankment)? How tacky... I got news for them though, that nearby corner of the store has a security camera.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:11 PM   #7770
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Arrrgh...
My eczema’s killing me. ( ˃̣̣̥ω˂̣̣̥ )
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:10 PM   #7771
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

My knees have been hurting since 10-ish this morning. Switching between one and the other.

Maybe because of a lack of sleep last night.

Meanwhile, I'm spinning with some ideas and can neither write nor draw them like I want.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:13 PM   #7772
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Been getting so many pop ups on the technodrome forums.

Fake virus warnings, free gift cards and crap like that. During the last week it only ever happens on the technodrome forums. No other websites I visit.

I clear history like I read your suppose to do but that does little to help. I turn off JavaScript and it helps but is bothersome to look at forums with it turned off. When the pop ups occur I have to X everything out and can’t continue.

Sucks big time. And it’s weird that it only happens on the technodrome forums.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:18 PM   #7773
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So you get all that AND people throwing sh*t at each other in topical threads?

You poor man O_O
Old 10-25-2017, 08:30 PM   #7774
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post

Fake virus warnings, free gift cards and crap like that. During the last week it only ever happens on the technodrome forums. No other websites I visit.

I clear history like I read your suppose to do but that does little to help. I turn off JavaScript and it helps but is bothersome to look at forums with it turned off. When the pop ups occur I have to X everything out and can’t continue.

Are you out here browsing the web without an ad blocker?
Old 10-25-2017, 08:35 PM   #7775
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It doesn't help that I can't do a basic alligator, but it gets worse with my own design of Leatherhead.

I'm doing him as a youth (a little bit older than the turtles) and in a bomber jacket. Just another level of complication.

Triceratons are hard to do too, but I'm currently attempting a Protoceraton who isn't proving easy, and all for a joke that's been sitting aside for far too long.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:41 PM   #7776
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Right now, people doing strange things on fandom wikis is grinding my gears.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:45 PM   #7777
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:

Weird if it's only happening here. Although personally I'd suspect a virus, esp with fake virus warnings. I've only seen fakes in the past (though it's been a really long time) when it was a virus behind it.

Might look to see if there are any virus related complaints online related to those exact pop-ups, or see if there is some way to grab a url from one and see if that's somehow connected to a known virus issue.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:21 PM   #7778
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

It’s a head scratcher for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
So you get all that AND people throwing sh*t at each other in topical threads?

You poor man O_O
You don’t know what you got until it’s very difficult to access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Are you out here browsing the web without an ad blocker?
My phone has the same settings it has always had. The ad block/pop up block is enabled. I always have had the ads at the top of the forums but these are different. These ones seem malicious and are a big nuisance. Take up my entire screen as well. Makes me think twice before checking in on the drome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Weird if it's only happening here. Although personally I'd suspect a virus, esp with fake virus warnings. I've only seen fakes in the past (though it's been a really long time) when it was a virus behind it.

Might look to see if there are any virus related complaints online related to those exact pop-ups, or see if there is some way to grab a url from one and see if that's somehow connected to a known virus issue.
I read iPhones can’t get viruses so any warning is a fake. But should not be clicked on because it’s an attempt access your cloud/personal info.

It’s strange that it just started in the last week and only on the technodrome forums. I haven’t done anything out of the ordinary. I do click on links people post in the comic section and other sections of the forums but I doubt that has anything to do with anything.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:58 PM   #7779
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Not much of a "Grind" but a "deep worry".

That being that my boyfriend was in the ER and then has to stay overnight at a hospital. He's been feeling really badly in the depression front and I think he tried to hurt himself...this is his second ER trip this month too.

He's been in therapy, but I think he's relapsing.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:10 PM   #7780
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Stayed up quite a bit later than I had wanted via fighting with my mom's laptop. (And irksome since I guess I'm getting a virus and kinda didn't want to stay up forever.) Gives me added appreciation for my 13-year-old desktop that is it WAY more responsive and better behaved than her far younger computer.

Installed and have TRIED to set the darn thing up for a scan with Avast. (Which took damn near forever.) Finally got that going. Hopefully it will sit there and actually do it.

Other than her computer being a general pain in the ass, mostly I'm learning that I despise Windows 10. Who the hell makes an OS like that? Hiding so much crap I need to flipping find/see. Ugh. (There REALLY needs to be an option to have it set up like XP.) Makes me really dread having to get a new one myself at some point.

Quote:
I read iPhones can’t get viruses so any warning is a fake. But should not be clicked on because it’s an attempt access your cloud/personal info.

It’s strange that it just started in the last week and only on the technodrome forums. I haven’t done anything out of the ordinary. I do click on links people post in the comic section and other sections of the forums but I doubt that has anything to do with anything.
Don't know much of anything about iPhones, but if they can't get viruses, then that is even weirder what's happening.