The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #141
MurderOfCrows
Random Punk

I was looking over some stuff, going through some canon in research -- and realized there is no way these two stories can possibly be in 'Post Return / Pre CAW'

These two stories take place in New York, in, from the looks of it, the old lair. April and Casey aren't mentioned (are they?) and they seem to be very early in the turtle's career.

I think this set of stories needs to be much earlier in continuity, even if they came much later.

(There are other issues I have with this, as Lucindra is a super Mary Sue, but...)

Turtle Soup Vol. 2 #1 – Lucindra
Vol. 1 #44 – The Violent Underground
MurderOfCrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #142
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

BIG UPDATE!!!

With Tristan's help, the timeline has been extensively reworked to be more accurate than ever before.

Check it out!
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #143
ToTheNines
[sic]

Wow.... Wow! Great job

I got two questions though, what evidence is there making ya'll say the Christmas issue is post RTNY and same question for the Usagi story happening before Silent Partner?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #144
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Wow.... Wow! Great job

I got two questions though, what evidence is there making ya'll say the Christmas issue is post RTNY and same question for the Usagi story happening before Silent Partner?
There isn't, but at the same time, there isn't anything going against it either. This just made the most sense in my mind when you look at the timing of the X-mas stories before and after, or stories in that time period. The Usagi one was there because... it just... fits! You could put it anywhere really, but if you have the first Usagi encounter EARLY it leaves things open for the sorts of transdimensional adventures they get involved in later, and if the Usagi/TMNT x-over Stan wants to do ever happens, at least then (as I said) it's set up already.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:43 PM   #145
Ninjinister
無問題

Looks like I've got some levels to switch up....
Old 08-02-2009, 08:11 AM   #146
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Wow.... Wow! Great job

In regards to Usagi, in "Turtle Soup and Rabbit Stew", the Turtles are shown to be living in April's apartment. So having it take place before "Silent Partner" makes sense to me. The other Usagi crossovers don't really have an anchor as to where they fit in the timeline, at least from the TMNT's perspective, so it was just more convenient to group them all together.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #147
ToTheNines
[sic]

Works for me lol
Old 08-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #148
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Moved Tales (Vol. 2) #60 from the Vol. 2 era to the Vol. 4 era, as that's where it apparently takes place according to the prologue written by Dan at the beginning of the issue (shortly after #23, he says).
Old 08-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #149
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Yeesh.

All this time, I've been claiming the "Digital Webbing Presents the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" story came from a comic called Fist of Justice #24.

I've been wrong.

It actually appeared in a comic titled (surprise) Digital Webbing Presents #24. "Fist of Justice" was just in bigger letters on the cover, so it threw me off (had to check the indicia to be sure).

Anyhow, it's fixed now.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #150
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Yeesh.

All this time, I've been claiming the "Digital Webbing Presents the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" story came from a comic called Fist of Justice #24.

I've been wrong.

It actually appeared in a comic titled (surprise) Digital Webbing Presents #24. "Fist of Justice" was just in bigger letters on the cover, so it threw me off (had to check the indicia to be sure).

Anyhow, it's fixed now.
What exactly happens in this story?
Old 08-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #151
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
What exactly happens in this story?
Raph is out on the rooftops of New York, wearing a backpack containing something of important and worried about running out of time.

Suddenly he's attacked by Foot Ninja, who chase him across the city. He defeats them with ease, mocks them, then returns to the sewer lair.

Turns out he had gone to get Chinese take-out for the other Turtles and wanted to get it back before it got cold.

We stuck it post Return to New York because it seemed to fit best there. The Foot attacking the Turtles out of vengeance for the Shredder's death, but being so disorganized that they'd been reduced to an easily defeatable joke.

The Turtles living in their sewer lair would make it take place before "Leatherhead", where they give their sewer layer to the titular alligator.

EDIT:

Ah Hell, since its so short I decided to just review it:

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2009/...esents-24.html

Last edited by DrSpengler; 08-05-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #152
ToTheNines
[sic]

I just noticed that you have Mike #1 in two different places with different names, was there two stories in that issue?
Old 08-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #153
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
I just noticed that you have Mike #1 in two different places with different names, was there two stories in that issue?
In the second printing, yeah. The second printing came with a back-up that was a parody of "A Christmas Carol", with Raph looking into Christmas' past, present and future. The future one, by the way, marked the first appearance of future Raph with his eye-patch.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #154
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
In the second printing, yeah. The second printing came with a back-up that was a parody of "A Christmas Carol", with Raph looking into Christmas' past, present and future. The future one, by the way, marked the first appearance of future Raph with his eye-patch.
Did this influence the future raph's eyepatch look from TMNTA? (Not to ditract from the Mirage Canon discussion...)
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #155
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
Did this influence the future raph's eyepatch look from TMNTA? (Not to ditract from the Mirage Canon discussion...)
It would seem so. The Michaelangelo #1 second printing came out in December, 1990. TMNT Adventures #42, the first appearance of their Future Raph, was published in March, 1993.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #156
Billbeaux
Foot Soldier

Mirage-wise, have they ever revealed how Raph eventually loses his eye?
Billbeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #157
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixtheIVth View Post
Mirage-wise, have they ever revealed how Raph eventually loses his eye?
Nope. But there's a bunch of mysteries revolving around the Mirage future Turtles that have yet to be resolved.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:39 AM   #158
PAAATE
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Nope. But there's a bunch of mysteries revolving around the Mirage future Turtles that have yet to be resolved.
Speaking of which.. Should they be resolved?

Sometimes an unresolved mystery is far more exciting than whatever answer the author comes up with...
Old 08-06-2009, 05:40 AM   #159
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAAATE View Post
Speaking of which.. Should they be resolved?

Sometimes an unresolved mystery is far more exciting than whatever answer the author comes up with...
Example: Rat King.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #160
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I always assumed Tales Vol. 2 #36 – "To Serve and Protect" came immediately after City at War and necessarily before Volume 2 started since Donatello was away from the other three turtles who star in this issue. Where are the notes for its placement after Volume 2?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comics, timeline, tmnt entity