The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-31-2017, 05:31 PM   #41
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter Wand View Post
Perhaps Sakai will write the final Usagi episode. That way, It could end with a bang.
Wasn't Stan only contacted to write one episode in this arc and the rest would be handled by the TMNT writing team? If so, I don't he's got the last episode.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:10 PM   #42
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not bad. Didn't exactly forward the story much, but still quite liking the environmental designs and action in this arc.

Though the whole Leo rushing off and doing crap, often foolishly, is kind of annoying, as always. That in this series has always felt a little out of character to me, given that he tends to be the tactician in the group; the more cautious, 'look before you leap' kind of guy, and I like that about him. Leave rushing in like that for true acts of desperation when there is literally no time to think... Otherwise, rushing in without thought is more suitable to Raph's personality. If someone is going to do it, then let him do so.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:12 AM   #43
JH24
Hench Mutant

I have to admit, at first I wasn't really looking forward to it as Usagi never really 'clicked' for me as a character. But I really like his portrayal here. I enjoyed these last two episodes and I'm actually looking forward to the conclusion.

Personally I liked how Leonardo was portrayed. He's still a teenager, and even now he's a sensei/head of the family it doesn't make him a different person overnight. He makes mistakes, and that's only natural. The great thing about Leo is that he accepts those mistakes, and tries to become a better person because of them.

For some reason he always struck me as someone who has a hint of arrogance, maybe even pride, as someone who has some difficulty following others and trusting their judgement. But in a way more out of concern for his brothers and less about himself.

It's in Leo's nature to try and carry his burden, his responsibility to protect and keep his family safe, all by himself. It's as if he feels that if anyone has to suffer, it should only be him.

Last edited by JH24; 08-01-2017 at 05:43 AM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:22 AM   #44
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Wasn't Stan only contacted to write one episode in this arc and the rest would be handled by the TMNT writing team? If so, I don't he's got the last episode.
Where did you hear that?
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:01 AM   #45
THGhost
Puppet Master

What happened to the horses? They just... disappeared.
These turtles aren't dopey at all. Kintaru on the other hand...
Man I am gonna miss the opening to this series once it's over.
"I'll carry you... off another cliff." - Please do, Raph. Please do.
How do the other turtles not realise that that's not Mikey? He's usually silly, but he's not an asshole. Maybe they are dopey after all.
Well isn't this some freaky ****?
"I don't like Spiders, Yojimbo. Especially the oversized kind." - Never thought I'd agree with Kintaru. I hate spiders!
How are the giant spider's legs not falling through the webbing?
Was Mikey really just get stabbed?
Nah, didn't think so. But damn, Nick. You went dark again.

Good episode, despite it creeping me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not feeling this one. Feels like a waste turning 1 of the 3 Usagi episodes into something so goofy. The last one was a masterpiece to me, so a comedy driven feature that doesn't really move the plot being on the heels of that leaves something to be desired. & then there's the tacked on drama at the end. Nobody but Vicky fell for that. C'mon, how many times they gonna fake deaths in this series? By this point, I know better, so it held no emotional impact for me. The fight itself was cool, though. & we got one uber brief moment of Usagi & Leo, they could've done so much more with their dynamic. This would've been a good opportunity to build on that, rather than give way too much screen time to Mikey's ridiculousness. Tanuki are cool & all, but there are so many other Yokai out there that could've made their time far more tumultuous, I was hoping for more variety. Spider stuff's a bit generic in that department.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda, ah well. I'm sure the next will win me over as they usually do.
I tend to agreed. I was gonna mention this but I didn't want my head bitten off like last time. Glad others agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
I don't know why Raph said deja vu, that spider monster only made me think of the video game, Brother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
It was a Lord of the Rings Reference, Sean Astin Character was wrapped up in Webbing.
Wow, I totally missed that.

Quote:
The stories are out of order so this story arc is meant to air just before the future arc which is the last story. It's been confirmed that it takes places 50 years in the future so the Turtles will be near 70 years old but the Turtles might age slower so they will look they are in there 30s to 40s.
Why are they airing them out of order? I guess it's okay in this instance since time travel is involved, but it still seems like an odd thing to do.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:19 AM   #46
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Why are they airing them out of order? I guess it's okay in this instance since time travel is involved, but it still seems like an odd thing to do.
cause the monster arc is gonna be aired around halloween despite being the 3rd of the "tales"
Old 08-01-2017, 09:20 AM   #47
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
I guess the reason they wanted to air the Usagi arc first is because they wanted it out as the same time as the IDW TMNT/Usagi crossover comic book

Quote:
Yep

Yeah i know it was dream but i'm surprised they gave Mikey a serious death because of the joke stuff he had in other episodes (Joke dream in Dream Beavers, Joke trap in The Fourfold Trap) So yeah, it was pretty unexpected

Donnie had a gruesome death (being crushed to death caused by Jei's spell) and Raph death seemed too easy because he just got hit by purple fire.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:22 AM   #48
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
cause the monster arc is gonna be aired around halloween despite being the 3rd of the "tales"
Quote:
I guess the reason they wanted to air the Usagi arc first is because they wanted it out as the same time as the IDW TMNT/Usagi crossover comic book
Both of these make sense. Thanks.

Quote:
Quote:
Yep

Yeah i know it was dream but i'm surprised they gave Mikey a serious death because of the joke stuff he had in other episodes (Joke dream in Dream Beavers, Joke trap in The Fourfold Trap) So yeah, it was pretty unexpected

Donnie had a gruesome death (being crushed to death caused by Jei's spell) and Raph death seemed too easy because he just got hit by purple fire.
I agree completely with Mikey's death. It gave the moment more impact, even though I knew it wasn't real.

Seriously though, what happened to those horses at the beginning? Are they hanging out in the trees?

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

Old 08-01-2017, 09:30 AM   #49
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:

Seriously though, what happened to those horses at the beginning? Are they hanging out in the trees?
I guess they died and for obvious reasons couldn't show the bodies.

I expect someone passing by or those lizards have gotten free horse meat for there dinner.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:35 AM   #50
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
I guess they died and for obvious reasons couldn't show the bodies.

I expect someone passing by or those lizards have gotten free horse meat for there dinner.
I guess so. I know the BBFC is heavily against animal cruelty, so this won't need censoring in the UK. Best to play it safe, despite all the other dark stuff that the Nick series portrays.

Yep. Hmmm, horse meat. Remember that scandal?

Old 08-01-2017, 03:10 PM   #51
Powder
So tired of this place

Yeah, I for one wish they would've been flung off the horses. Not keen on throwing them to their death.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:12 PM   #52
CyberCubed
Overlord

Seeing horses die is fine. Animals die in battle all the time.

Horses plummetting to their death in a kids show is very fitting.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:26 PM   #53
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Obviously they did but would horses really just run off a cliff though? I can't Imagine they'd be that dumb.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:29 PM   #54
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Seeing horses die is fine. Animals die in battle all the time.

Horses plummeting to their death in a kids show is very fitting.
Not sure what you're getting at there, Cubed. Fitting of what?

Seeing any animal (or anyone) die in a kids show is risky territory, especially when it's falling to their death.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:31 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

Horses are dumb. It's not like we're talking about a cat or dog dying. Horses are dumb beasts that let humans ride them and don't even realize they're being used as a means of transportation.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:56 PM   #56
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Cubed, were you kicked by a horse as a child?

You know that actually explains a lot, really.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:57 PM   #57
Glitter Wand
Thug

Horses are not dumb. They are a means of transportation, because they're raised and trained to be, rather somewhat brutally. Perhaps the horses in this episode did fall off the cliff, and Nickelodeon refuses to show it.

"You need a recon flyby? I'm the birdman for the job! Pigeon Pete's ago!" - Pete
Glitter Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:07 PM   #58
THGhost
Puppet Master

Horses are actually very intelligent creatures, Cubed. You might wanna look into them a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Cubed, were you kicked by a horse as a child?

You know that actually explains a lot, really.
This.

Old 08-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #59
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

and if they did so, then they were portrayed as true samurai, giving their lives away so that their 'master' can survive
that means they died an honorable death in the end, taken the environment they'Re in
Old 08-01-2017, 04:13 PM   #60
Glitter Wand
Thug

I agree with you 100%. Many animals, including horses, sacrifice themselves to save their masters.

"You need a recon flyby? I'm the birdman for the job! Pigeon Pete's ago!" - Pete
Glitter Wand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ban the cuck, cucktaro, hi brandon