The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 02-05-2021, 11:42 AM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Christopher Plummer Dies at 91

Notable Canadian stage and film actor Christopher Plummer came to international attention with a leading role in The Sound of Music which went on to be the biggest box office film of the 1960s' and only in the last year was at the center of the plot in the acclaimed Knives Out. No cause of death is known at this time.
https://deadline.com/2021/02/christo...ar-1234688379/
Old 02-05-2021, 12:49 PM   #2
Icebot
Foot Elite

My condolences.

RIP Christopher Plummer

Last edited by Icebot; 02-05-2021 at 05:09 PM.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 01:23 PM   #3
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

He was such an iconic actor.

May he be able to rest peacefully.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 03:23 PM   #4
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Today I wanted to come back here just to share my thoughts on this news. This man was a staple of my early childhood. He was the narrator of the Madeline cartoons. Those were some of the very first things I remember watching when I was in pre-school. I've even shown them to some of my students over the years. He also did fine voice work in Up and The Star. It wasn't until recently that I learned he also narrated a beautiful claymation short film about the Nativity that I saw on TV years ago. I searched everywhere I finally found the DVD of it about four years ago. His recent performance in Knives Out was also fantastic.

I know he didn't have fond memories of playing Captain Von Trapp in The Sound of Music but no one else could've played that role better than him. I'm glad that he apparently softened his thoughts on it. In 2015, he attended a screening of the movie with Julie Andrews at the 2015 TCM Classic Film Festival in Hollywood for the film's 50th anniversary and added his hand- and footprints to the collection outside the TCL Chinese Theatre.

R.I.P. Mr. Plummer.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 06:53 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

2021 continues to be a hell of a year. Not another one, 2021, not another one. I just can't imagine how many more famous icons will pass this year as we go on.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:40 PM   #6
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Christopher said he'd want to keep going until his end and drop dead performing on stage. Maybe not have ended exactly that way, but he did keep his career going to the end. Another classic actor from the golden years with an over 50-year span of acting credits. He lived his dream and he loved what he did. See you in heaven Christopher Plummer.
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote