The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-25-2017, 02:26 PM   #41
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Oh man, I had to actually skip ahead on a lot of One Piece bits because they dragged too long, and now I'm taking a break because I burned out.

I just want to see a singing skeleton man, darn it!

♫All I want to do is see the crew run into a singing skeleton, a singing skeleton! All I want to be is see someone be a singing skeleton♫
Wait until

Spoiler:
Episode 337 or something. It's in Thriller bark that Brook debuts iirc.

Anyway, Brook isn't that great, imo. My favourite Straw Hats are Zoro and Luffy, followed by Nico Robin and Sanji. Nami and Usopp also are good. Not so big on Chopper, Franky and Brook overall. Don't hate them or anything, but they're not as good as the others, imo.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 02:45 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

Almost all shonen anime has tons and tons of filler. The best thing to do is either only watch the most important episodes or just watch recommendations rather than everything.

Any show that has over 100 episodes and goes on for years is going to have tons of skippable episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #43
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Almost all shonen anime has tons and tons of filler. The best thing to do is either only watch the most important episodes or just watch recommendations rather than everything.

Any show that has over 100 episodes and goes on for years is going to have tons of skippable episodes.
Actually, despite being long as hell, OP doesn't really have that much filler. And a few of the OP filler arcs aren't bad.

No idea how Naruto and Bleach are/were in this regard. I've never really watched or read those. Seems like a general consensus among anime fans that OP is the best of those 3 overall. Although many people said great things about Naruto's manga.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:42 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

Can you believe it's December 1st? I can't believe it's December already. Where did this year go?
Old 12-01-2017, 06:02 AM   #45
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Don’t you know that as you get older, your perception of the passage of time speeds up? Once you are in your mid 30’s its just a screaming ride downhill through your older years.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:23 AM   #46
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Don’t you know that as you get older, your perception of the passage of time speeds up? Once you are in your mid 30’s its just a screaming ride downhill through your older years.
Well that'll cheer us all up But yeah we notice time speeding up the older we get.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:23 AM   #47
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Can you believe it's December 1st? I can't believe it's December already. Where did this year go?
Yes, I can believe it.

Oddly enough time doesn't feel like its flying for me. Every day feels like it is 24 hours.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:08 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't know what it is but the days are flying by for me. And I only sleep 7-8 hours a day, it's not like I'm sleeping through my days or anything.

I have no idea what's going on. 2017 went by in a blink of an eye, and 2015-2016 flew by as well. As I said before, I can't believe we're nearly at the end of this decade already.

The 2010's decade is literally a huge blur. Which is weird because 2000-2009 felt like it was SO LONG, but ever since 2010 everything is in fast forward mode.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:16 PM   #49
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I agree with PoG. If you think it is bad in mid twenties, imagine what being 40 is like! And tomorrow I will be another year older. As much as I hated seeing that 4-0 on my age, putting a 1 instead of a zero is going to be worse. Dreading the turn of the clock past 3:15 tomorrow (AM)....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:26 PM   #50
Vegita-San
Emperor

i'd feel alot better about 40 if I accomplished ANYTHING to go along with that number.

my mindset still says 25 and my body feels like it's approaching 60. and with knowing nothing but people over 60, my activity level makes me feel like i'm already at the senior center looking to see who got posted as 'died over night'..

sigh..
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:39 AM   #51
Prowler
Emperor

The thing is, time always seems to go by faster when you're having fun than when you're bored. Notice how time seems to go by so slowly when in a boring class or on a bad work day?

...but time has been flying for me even on more boring days. Guess I need to stop spending so much of my free time doing nothing and start to enjoy my life
Old 12-10-2017, 10:53 AM   #52
sdp
Megan Fox = April

A tradition that I only started recently was looking back at the year that went by and looked at all the things I did. If I see that I didn't do "enough" I try to change that for next year, and if I did do a bunch of things I can be proud of then I can feel satisfied that it was a good year.

This way of thinking has really helped me in getting the most of out my years and not have them waste away like I did with many. When you actually hold yourself accountable for the lack of new experiences or goals met in your year you do something about it and then you start being impressed by all the things you did get to do and not just "go with the flow" and have another year pass by without doing anything special.

2016 was a really big year for me so 2017 already falls flat just in comparison, so I'm already disappointed that I didn't do all the things I wanted, though it wasn't a complete waste either.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:41 AM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's a good tradition, but you don't always need "big" accomplishments year after year. As long as you do what you need to and can support yourself in bills, etc. that's fine.

Tags
passage of time, timelords ponder