The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #61
Patraw
Stone Warrior

The Drdek from Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Sacred Cards

More information:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/drdek.html
Old 06-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #62
Ulisses31
Mad Scientist

Mad skills Patraw... I´m your fan now! Your miniatures are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
if you want to be update to all TMNT Redesign Challenges

My Art Gallery for TMNT - And some more Art

Spoiler:

Quote:
If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman
Ulisses31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #63
Voidoid
Stone Warrior

Mind=Blown.

You are seriously talented.
Voidoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #64
Patraw
Stone Warrior

Death Knight (Quake)

More information:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/death_knight.html

Domingo (Shining Force)

More information:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/domingo.html

Bandersnatch from Resident Evil Code:Veronica. While it looks completely tan, it's actually two shades of brown, along with a bit of green, in person--I just could not get the paint to photograph properly with flash, natural light, or a lamp.

More information:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/bandersnatch.html

Last edited by Patraw; 07-07-2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Added Domingo + groupshot + Bandersnatch
Patraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:56 AM   #65
Patraw
Stone Warrior

Skeletal Tomb Guardian (Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition)

More info:
http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/sk..._guardian.html

And here's an image of Bandersnatch again, taken with my scanner; you can see the paint a bit better here:

Old 07-31-2010, 03:39 AM   #66
Powder
So tired of this place

Doin' some amazing work as always, man! I know this material isn't TMNT related but I think if you were to post in that custom section rather then here, you'd have a hell of alot more feedback. Just a thought. Keep it up, dude.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #67
Patraw
Stone Warrior

Thanks! Non-TMNT stuff shouldn't be posted in the TMNT custom forum, and rightly so, which is why I started this thread for anyone who wants to post non-TMNT customs here.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #68
ToSte
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patraw View Post
Thanks! Non-TMNT stuff shouldn't be posted in the TMNT custom forum, and rightly so, which is why I started this thread for anyone who wants to post non-TMNT customs here.
There you go again, being all logical and stuff.

I picked up one of those ATeam vans and customized it a bit. Lit up the roof lights and taillights. Not exactly accurate to the TV show, couldn't make myself get rid of the sidepipes. I just wish I could get my hands on some proper wheels for a decent price.

ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:25 PM   #69
ToSte
Hench Mutant

I've been working on this guy for a few years and I think I've finally got him to a point where I'm satisfied.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #70
Patraw
Stone Warrior

I really dig the terrorist dude, ToSte, impressive amount of gear too! Is he an original character you created, or based on something? The head kind of reminds me of the G.I.JOE character Darklon.

Skull Lord (Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition)

More info:
http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/skull_lord.html
Old 08-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #71
ToSte
Hench Mutant

He's pretty much a rip off of a BrothersRobber figure.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #72
Patraw
Stone Warrior

Pretty cool character--I think your version, without the orange trenchcoat, looks more sinister/intimidating. That web site has some pretty high production values, just for a single figure.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #73
Grey
Random Punk

Holy Heck! Each one is cooler than the next!
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #74
Patraw
Stone Warrior

Hikaru (Parodius, various installments)

More info:
http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/hikaru.html

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lady Stinger (Wizardry V: Heart of The Maelstrom)

More info:
http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/lady_stinger.html

-------------------------------------------------------------

Old 11-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #75
Ulisses31
Mad Scientist

New ones!

I have done some toning to old characters,

Mer-Man - http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcusto....php?FID=25289

And Beast Man - http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcusto....php?FID=25290

Hope everyone like it.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 11-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #76
Patraw
Stone Warrior

I like the addition of the neck collar (which I believe the MOTUC figure has if I'm not mistaken) and the yellow streaks on the ears of Merman. The trident is pretty neat too-did you make it, or is it from something else? I think Merman's feet just look dirty more than anything else--your application of paint was too heavy handed in that area.

Beastman just doesn't look different enough--I can see you applied some paint apps to his body harness thingy and the whip is altered, if not altogether new, but the overall effect is underwhelming. Given his furry nature, I think Beast Man would be a good candidate for some dry-brushing (I'd probably go with a brown or dark red base coat and dry brush orange over that). I do like the cut-down job you did on He-man's blue battle axe to achieve a single-headed axe.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #77
Ulisses31
Mad Scientist

I did only a little toning to the original color scheme to resemble the box art.
Sculpted a new staff from a yellow plastic stick.
Not much work but a very pleasant result.

I will change the Mer-Man feet I don´t like the result, you are right it looks like dirt...

About dry-brushing... I don´t like to do it in vintage toys, only plain colors, that keep them very basic like they were originally

Many thanks for your review and advises, I liked them very much

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 11-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #78
Patraw
Stone Warrior

Ruler Sword

An ornate sword, almost twice the height of a man in length, pulses with blue and purple light as it floats lazily through the air towards you. The unblinking, azure eye in the center of its' hilt follows your every movement with great interest. Suddenly, a battle axe, sickle, katar, morning star, handaxe, warhammer, scimitar, and shield rise soundlessly from the floor, and begin to whirl madly around the unearthly sword, creating a storm of deadly steel.

Ruler Swords are sentient blades that can be encountered within the Sky Walkway/Corridor in The Air area (Castle A) in Konami's 2002 Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance [Original Japanese title: Castlevania: Byakuya no Concerto (Castlevania: White Night Concerto or Concerto of The Midnight Sun)] Gameboy Advance video game. There are actually three variations of the Ruler Sword enemy in the game, the one depicted here is the weakest variety (the others are designated Ruler Sword Level 2 and Level 3, respectively).

A Ruler Sword can levitate up to eight objects at once, via telekinesis. While it could theoretically manipulate any inanimate item, it prefers giant-sized instruments of war to the exclusion of everything else. The creature's mind and sensory perceptions are complex enough that it can effortlessly direct and coordinate these implements, as well as its own movements, simultaneously. During battle, a Ruler Sword generally avoids direct combat by keeping its' floating arsenal between itself and the enemy. This is not cowardice on the Ruler Sword's part, as its' steel hide is quite damage resistant and it is more than capable of slicing flesh to ribbons if necessary--the crafty creature simply sees little strategic value in endangering itself unnecessarily. The individual weapons that a Ruler Sword animates can be "slain" if they suffer enough damage that they lose their structural integrity, but this has no effect whatsoever on the demonic blade, other than depriving it of some of its offensive options. On the other hand, killing the Ruler Sword itself will result in the instant destruction of all of the objects under its' control as well.

Materials:
Newsprint, notebook paper, tissue paper, white glue, super glue, plastic (transparent bases only), nail polish, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions:
(Excluding the bases)
Ruler Sword: 3.0 cm/1.2 in. x 6.4 cm/2.5 in. (width x length)
Battle Axe: 2.4 cm/0.9 in. x 3.0 cm/1.2 in.
Handaxe: 1.6 cm/0.6 in. x 2.9 cm/1.1 in.
Katar: 1.3 cm/0.5 in. x 2.9 cm/1.1 in.
Morning Star: 1.4 cm/0.6 in. x 2.9 cm/1.1 in.
Scimitar: 1.0 cm/0.4 in. x 3.0 cm/1.2 in.
Shield: 1.9 cm/0.7 in. x 2.4 cm/0.9 in.
Sickle: 2.1 cm/0.8 in. x 2.8 cm/1.1 in.
Warhammer: 1.8 cm/0.7 in. x 3.0 cm/1.2 in.

Time:
Five days: November 10, 11, 14, 18, and 19, 2010.

Last edited by Patraw; 11-20-2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: added more info/better images
Patraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:57 AM   #79
Patraw
Stone Warrior

A tall, vaguely-humanoid-looking creature, its' head topped with a large mushroom cap, shuffles out of the darkness. It studies you warily, but shows no sign of aggression. You attempt to speak to it, but this only serves to frighten the fungus man and it runs off back in the direction from whence it came, leaving a trail of harmless spores floating in the air in its' wake.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Myconid (Fungus Man)

Myconids are sentient fungi people that dwell in the vast subterranean caves and tunnels of the Underdark in the Dungeons & Dragons mythos (Forgotten Realms setting). While they are usually referred to in the male context, they are actually sexless. Unlike most of the denizens dwelling in this eternal darkness, Myconids are peaceful creatures that only wish to be left alone to tend to their fungal gardens and mind-meld with their fellows. They organize into "Circles"; each of these small communities is ruled by a King.

Myconids possess a number of unique abilities that allow them to survive in the dangerous and unforgiving Underdark. As can be expected in such an environment, they are capable of sight even in the absence of light. If a Myconid stands completely still, eyes closed and with its' arms at its' sides, it will often be mistaken for a normal mushroom--given that huge fungi grow in profusion throughout the Underdark, this is excellent camouflage. Myconids range in size from 2-12 feet in height, depending on their maturity (with only the King obtaining the largest dimensions). Myconids rarely use weapons, but they can physically attack with their fists if pressed, however, they abhor violence and will only do so as a last resort. All Myconids can release spores, but the type varies, again depending on the individual's level of development. The kinds of spores that can potentially be produced include (from least to most advanced):

- Distress
Warns all nearby Myconids of imminent danger and/or calls for help.

- Reproduction
Seeds the ground with spores that eventually grow into a new Myconid(s). These are automatically released if a Myconid dies.

- Rapport
Allows telepathic communication between two or more Myconids (they don't speak), or any other intelligent organism, regardless of what, if any, language it normally speaks/understands.

- Pacification
Causes any sentient creature to become completely docile for a short period of time.

- Hallucination
These are normally used for mind-melding with other Myconids in their Circle, but they can also be employed against aggressors to confuse/distract them while the Myconids escape or otherwise deal with the threat. There is, unfortunately, an element of risk in this, as an opponent(s) sometimes become even more violent under the influence of these spores.

- Animation
Used to temporarily animate the corpse of a non-Myconid for several weeks by coating it with Purple Fungus. Myconids never kill other living things for this purpose; they simply bring back any dead bodies that they happen to find while out exploring nearby tunnels, caves, etc. These "zombies" serve as bodyguards/servants for the Myconid community--only the King can create these entities and they are not classified as Undead, because it's living fungus that animates them, not necromancy.

Myconids prefer to avoid contact altogether with non-Myconids if they can (and for good reason, considering that Drow, Illithids, Kuo-Toa, and other similarly evil races are their neighbors). In most cases they will simply flee when confronted, but communication is possible, through Rapport spores, if the Myconids are approached carefully in a non-threatening manner. If forced to fight, they try to end the conflict without bloodshed by utilizing their Pacification or Hallucination spores. Myconids prefer to have their King's fungus-animated corpse servants engage in actual combat (assuming he has any available), not out of cowardice, but because having to perform an act of violence is very emotionally disturbing to them. Myconids never fight amongst each other.

Materials:
Newsprint, tissue paper, white glue, super glue, plastic (transparent base only), and acrylic paint.

Dimensions:
3.8 cm/1.5 in. x 4.8 cm/1.9 in. (widest point x highest point)

Time:
Three days: November 22, 27, and 28, 2010.

For comparison purposes, here is the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition Monster Manual artwork of a Myconid, by Tony DiTerlizzi, which is what I based my sculpt upon:

Old 11-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #80
Ulisses31
Mad Scientist

Great work man!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love them on Pizza!

Spoiler:

Quote: