The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Was making them Teenagers a good idea?
Yes 23 51.11%
No 22 48.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2019, 06:41 PM   #81
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I think most fans are secretary more interested in seeing themselves in the characters than they are with any kind of narrative consistency.

Consider how many people declare their favorite Turtle as "the one who's just like me!" and it becomes pretty clear. They'd rather see them behave how they WANT them to act, moreso than how they actually would.

Lots of projection and such going on. Kinda silly.

Also, "But they watch TV!" is the standard catch-all defense when trying to explain why they'd act like human beings despite being Not That.
I dunno, I don't think I really have much in common with any of them anymore, except for the fact that I also like pizza(who doesn't?) and also like video games.

My faovurite turtles have throughout history mostly been Don and Raph. I'm by no means a mathematics or science guy, so I can't say I relate to Don personally. As for Raph, well, his wiseguy Rob Paulsen character in the FW series is funny. As for angry and angsty Raph... eh can be a bit too much at times. In the 2k3 series he gets really dumbed down as time goes on. Can't say I relate much to him either. Maybe a bit when I was a teen, but that's all.

I don't need fictional characters to be a mirror image of me or to share the same personality traits with me in order for me to like them. Most of my favourite fictional characters are more like people I'd aspire to be than fictionalised versions of me, I'd say.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:28 PM   #82
Leo656
The Franchise

F*cking stupid phone. "Secretary" should obviously be "secretly". Thanks brother.

I mostly feel the same as you, by the way. But I've been here long enough to see plenty of "I am Raphael!", "I am Mikey!" types come and go. So it's obviously a legitimate phenomenon.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:41 PM   #83
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
F*cking stupid phone. "Secretary" should obviously be "secretly". Thanks brother.

I mostly feel the same as you, by the way. But I've been here long enough to see plenty of "I am Raphael!", "I am Mikey!" types come and go. So it's obviously a legitimate phenomenon.
There are adults in here who are just like certain versions of Michelangelo? That's a bit concerning...
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 08:31 PM   #84
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

I hate the 2012 take on Casey Jones, especially in the space episodes.

That said, I am revisiting the series, and I am surprised to see that he is fairly promising in his first few episodes.

I just dimly remember him becoming increasingly moronic and tone-deaf as the series progresses. Like, doesn't he suggest "This is so metal!" mere moments after Earth explodes?

As for April, I hated the idea of her being a teenager, but I mostly ended up enjoying what they did with her. I mean, she got a bit over-powered, and it was silly that the entire mythos was revolving around her and her role in all the Kraang at times. One could justifiably dismiss her as a Mary Sue or whatever.

But I liked April herself, and I liked that she trained with Splinter, and I thought her first fight with Karai was one of the most intense and powerful scenes in any TMNT medium.

Any episode involving her dad felt like a boring waste of time to me, however.

The only versions of April that I have any opinion of one way or another are Judith Hoag in the 1990 live-action movie and teenage April in the 2012 series.

I suppose that I would prefer for her to be an adult again in the next iteration, but I don't care especially strongly about it.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:42 PM   #85
Powder
So tired of this place

I feel 100% the same way as Monte here. Well said.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:18 AM   #86
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Williams View Post
I hate the 2012 take on Casey Jones, especially in the space episodes.

That said, I am revisiting the series, and I am surprised to see that he is fairly promising in his first few episodes.

I just dimly remember him becoming increasingly moronic and tone-deaf as the series progresses. Like, doesn't he suggest "This is so metal!" mere moments after Earth explodes?
You hit the nail right on the head.

His first few episodes were especially interesting indeed, since he talks about protecting his family, who of course are never shown for even one episode, and his demeanor in those first few episodes is half serious and half comedic rather than shouting "This is so Awesome!" all the time.

The scene involving him in Requiem though was awesome, when he says oops and makes the garbage truck crush Super Shredder.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote