To the oceans white with foam

God bless America, my home sweet home
From the mountains to the prairies
To the oceans white with foam

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Irving Berlin
God Bless America lyrics © Concord Music Publishing LLC, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 03:21 PM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Yeah, I can't stand this song. Thanks for posting it, Cubed old boy.
Old 11-03-2020, 04:48 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Trying a tad too hard there, CC.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 04:55 PM   #4
Last Ronin
Foot Soldier

I'm guessing he's for Trump?

That or he really, really loves that song.

I mean that's cool if he is a proud American. Sure why not.
Last Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:06 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Ronin View Post
I'm guessing he's for Trump?
It says a lot in today's climate that if you say you love America, that can only/probably only mean you're a Trump supporter.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:20 PM   #6
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It says a lot in today's climate that if you say you love America, that can only/probably only mean you're a Trump supporter.
It sure does. The dude has sullied the country's name in the eyes of millions of Americans. We are an embarrassment. A laughing stock. Saying it says a lot about the today's climate exactly the statement you think it is.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:32 PM   #7
Leo656
The Franchise

Given the state of the rest of the world, every time they "hate" us I can't help but think we must be doing something right.

Anyways. The biggest misfire of the 20th Century was not making THIS the new national anthem some time around 1986.

Nothing against the ol' Star Spangled Banner, of course, but THIS... it just seems to be so much more apropos. Plus, the second verse of "Banner" is such a drag that nobody ever sings it and most people don't even know about it, whereas Verse Two of "Real American" contains the immortal lyric, "I got something deep inside of me/Courage is the thing that keeps us free", which again, is probably much more in tune with what the Founding Fathers would have wanted us to have if only they'd had the foresight to think of it.

It's also a timeless classic that only gets better with age and experimentation, as evidenced by this little beauty right here:

I had assumed that the original was completely impossible to improve upon, but as you can see/hear, I was quite mistaken.

So yeah, even though I stand for the "Banner", I'm usually singing THIS in my head the whole time. Seriously, we dropped the ball. Probably not too late to slip it in there. It's the right thing to do!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:38 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
It sure does. The dude has sullied the country's name in the eyes of millions of Americans. We are an embarrassment. A laughing stock. Saying it says a lot about the today's climate exactly the statement you think it is.
Who cares what the U.K. and Canada think of us? I'm not losing one bit of sleep. We're the best country in the world... we've just got to shake these commies off our boots.
Old 11-03-2020, 05:49 PM   #9
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Commies all the way, baby. Blue wave!
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:51 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
Commies all the way, baby. Blue wave!
Yes, Biden-Harris 2020... "Fear, Doom & Gloom! Oh, and we hate Trump, too!"

What a wonderful platform to run on. But anything can happen in this election. *shrug*
Old 11-03-2020, 08:45 PM   #11
Last Ronin
Foot Soldier

Daaaamn man, who cares who goes for whom. It's just that I barely know the guy but I know he posted that to get a reaction not very difficult to see. Because regardless if he goes for Trump or not It's pretty freaking weird to create a thread just to post that, *shrug* I could care less.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:00 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Ronin View Post
Daaaamn man, who cares who goes for whom.
I don't. I mean, I'd hope more people vote for the only guy who isn't going after basic constitutional rights and not the one the media is telling you to, but there's nothing I can do about it.

It's the liberal left that will burn their own cities if Trump wins.
Old 11-04-2020, 10:38 AM   #13
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

I'm going to try to not be my usual inflammatory self here, but what is the point of this thread exactly? Is it this one song that Cubed loves or is just "patriotic" songs in general?

There are a lot of great patriotic songs. "O Canada" is awesome!

I've also always loved The Internationale... Russia's patriotic theme, that doesnt make me Russian or communist (I've never been to Russia but I've got some wealthy friends over there) but the words sure are pretty.

It's cool that you like patriotic songs, but I'm pretty sure "God" also blesses Canada and the UK too or any other country that wants to invoke "him".

It's probably good that nobody posted the commie anthem "This Land Is Your Land." Woody Guthrie wrote that... and he was a communist!

Everyone knows that America only belongs to... Americans!
Old 11-04-2020, 07:07 PM   #14
Last Ronin
Foot Soldier

Like Tiny Tim once said

"God bless us every one"
Old 11-05-2020, 11:17 AM   #15
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't. I mean, I'd hope more people vote for the only guy who isn't going after basic constitutional rights and not the one the media is telling you to, but there's nothing I can do about it.

It's the liberal left that will burn their own cities if Trump wins.
We have a true case of thinkers versus feelers. The problem itself is endemic to the participants based on the nature of the argument. Feelers also tend to be followers because they want to be made to feel good. They have an external locus of control.

So, you'll have the liberal elite embed themselves with the feelers to protect their wealth from those same people, and then employ further protection by setting that cross-section of society against an enemy. It's the world's greatest confusion - the embedded, mixed-message from the liberal handlers to the feelers. The feelers are the rabble and the liberal elite are the feudal lords. It's worked throughout all of history because stirring up a "feeler" and pointing them in a direction is fundamentally easy to do. It's literally happened and worked for centuries. That's who we are dealing with. The easily-rallied-feeler who can't compute truth, but they feel good under the belief that they are fighting the good fight. It makes the world make sense to them.

But the feelers won't rationalize that either - because they are feelers. They disregard truth for their own and just respond to truth with a hand wave saying, "nah I don't think people do that heh, heh" eyeroll as it suits them. That's who we are dealing with. That's the real psychology that we aren't supposed to shine a light on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
I'm going to try to not be my usual inflammatory self here, but what is the point of this thread exactly?
I think maybe Cubed is a bit of an anarchist. Just making provocative threads here or there to see who takes the bait for whatever Heath Ledger's-Joker style reason is in mind at that moment.

Last edited by IMJ; 11-05-2020 at 11:41 AM.
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 11:30 AM   #16
AquaParade
Big Boss

Ey, ey, ey.

No political threads unless they align with my beliefs.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 11:44 AM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Ey, ey, ey.

Truly, sir, you are a great American.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:48 PM   #18
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Ey, ey, ey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

Truly, sir, you are a great American.
These two posts have actually been helpful to my psyche. Let me reinforce the direction this should go in, if this must be political.

How would Leonardo run the country if he were elected to the Presidency? Who would be on his cabinet?
Old 11-05-2020, 02:12 PM   #19
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Leonardo's not corrupt enough to get that far in politics. Really, none of the Turtles are. Raph wouldn't have the patience, Don wouldn't have the personality, Mike wouldn't have the drive or tenacity.

It takes a "special" sort of person to make a career in politics and climb the ladder.
Old 11-07-2020, 05:30 AM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
We have a true case of thinkers versus feelers. The problem itself is endemic to the participants based on the nature of the argument. Feelers also tend to be followers because they want to be made to feel good. They have an external locus of control.

So, you'll have the liberal elite embed themselves with the feelers to protect their wealth from those same people, and then employ further protection by setting that cross-section of society against an enemy. It's the world's greatest confusion - the embedded, mixed-message from the liberal handlers to the feelers. The feelers are the rabble and the liberal elite are the feudal lords. It's worked throughout all of history because stirring up a "feeler" and pointing them in a direction is fundamentally easy to do. It's literally happened and worked for centuries. That's who we are dealing with. The easily-rallied-feeler who can't compute truth, but they feel good under the belief that they are fighting the good fight. It makes the world make sense to them.

But the feelers won't rationalize that either - because they are feelers. They disregard truth for their own and just respond to truth with a hand wave saying, "nah I don't think people do that heh, heh" eyeroll as it suits them. That's who we are dealing with. That's the real psychology that we aren't supposed to shine a light on.
This is probably the best post on the internet. Just saying. Dead on. I may have to steal this in private channels.

Quote:
I think maybe Cubed is a bit of an anarchist. Just making provocative threads here or there to see who takes the bait for whatever Heath Ledger's-Joker style reason is in mind at that moment.
People say I'm wrong, and I'm far from the first one to say it... but I maintain Cubed is the smartest troll the Drome has ever seen. I don't think he actually means most of what he says.