The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #21
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Did anyone else read from that third bit of the quote directly onto Karai telling Splinter that he was finished instead of the last bit, or was it just me?
I did as well, at first...
Old 08-23-2019, 11:49 AM   #22
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I did as well, at first...
It kinda ruins the gravity of the moment but at the same time makes it a lot more awesome.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:16 PM   #23
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Git gud scrubs, learn to read comics

But for real, Splinter finishing Ocho like that was absolutely badass
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:18 PM   #24
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Git gud scrubs, learn to read comics
I hadn't finished scrolling down all the way yet.

And yeah, Ocho is usually such a monstrous beast, emphasis on the monstrous, and yet Splinter pretty much manhandles her... It's incredibly cathartic.

Last edited by ChosenOne; 08-23-2019 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:26 PM   #25
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I do wonder if it's a misdirect though, and Ocho's demonic healing powers will allow her to get up a few panels later and get some payback on Splinter
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:41 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

I very much doubt Ocho being killed off in 3 preview pages before the issue is even out is what it seems. Not to mention how short lived it’s character would be in IDW. Something like that would be saved for the middle of an issue.

I do hope for some villain deaths though. Karai, Koya And Bludgeon just licking their wounds and retreating to Japan again like they did last time after issue 50 would be way too repetitive.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:25 PM   #27
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Uh yeah, no way she's going down that easily.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:10 AM   #28
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

I think that Ocho is dead. No reason for the demon to remain alive. Cool character, but a war needs its victims. Koya and the tattoo-girl are next. Bishop will be eaten by Leatherhead. Metalhead will explode. We'll loose some of the mutanimals and Jennika. Mallinga will be defeated by self-sacrifice of the Dragon. Pantheon, Neutrinos and Triceratons will fight off the swarm. Manmoth will storm the EPF. Foot will protect Baxter. Splinter, Hob and Bludgeon will survive.
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:46 PM   #29
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I very much doubt Ocho being killed off in 3 preview pages before the issue is even out is what it seems. Not to mention how short lived itís character would be in IDW. Something like that would be saved for the middle of an issue.

I do hope for some villain deaths though. Karai, Koya And Bludgeon just licking their wounds and retreating to Japan again like they did last time after issue 50 would be way too repetitive.
I agree about Ocho, especially when the preview Tom Waltz put up on his Twitter seems to show Ocho fighting and that panel isn't the same as the panels we see in the official preview. So I guess Ocho is gonna be up and fighting.
Though, I can see how emotionally attached to this series I'm becoming cuz i found myself getting somewhat excited to see that Splinter is still in the fight.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:11 AM   #30
AlZarkovski
Stone Warrior

Full preview.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:58 AM   #31
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Did I ever mention that Harold is one of my favorite side character? Little things like no matter here he is or how stupid an idea it would be to mouth off he'll do it anyway. Honestly a divorce is something that isn't that surprising.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:22 AM   #32
AquaParade
Big Boss

Fist full issue I have read in at least a year...

Really enjoyed it. It had a great pace, some kickass panels, and I was able to follow along pretty easily, despite being more or less out of the loop since issues 50-60. It did make me want to go back and catch up, if I find the time/money, but Iíll be following along to issue #100 either way.

Splinter had one of my favorite lines of dialogue, regarding having trained over two lifetimes. It helped me to appreciate how much fun that reincarnation twist is.

(Have they been playing with that aspect of the series lately? I recall an intriguing panel featuring an Utrom spying on the turtles and Splinter in their past life, that seemed to imply something related to their reincarnation)

Anyways, as someone who dips back and forth on the book, I had a lot of fun. The only other thought that comes to mind is that Hickmanís X-Men run is on another level right now and reminding me how much I enjoy following comic books monthly. So while this was great, itís hard not to compare to the only other book I read this week, which is really outshining most ďsuperheroĒ comics as of late. In my opinion, anyway.

EDIT: Also, I'm probably missing something, but why is Casey such an asshole now?

Last edited by AquaParade; 08-28-2019 at 01:01 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:33 AM   #33
shredder orokusaki
Stone Warrior

That is! Karai destroyed the turtles lair and splinter is almost dead!! We won! She took revenge for what he did to me! Now we fully control the foot again!
Old 08-28-2019, 10:54 AM   #34
CiNozzo
Mouser

Reading this issue + Shredder in Hell 4, here's my bet for issue #100.

Spoiler:
Don't you guys think that Splinter will be the new body of the Dragon ?
In Shredder in Hell #4, The Dragon says that he's going for plan B
In #97, Karai does not want to kill Splinter, she wants him to be an example of defeat.
And in #89, the Christmas issue, in the future, the turtles will kill Splinter. FutureLeo apologize to FutureMikey for not finding another way (getting his soul back because the Dragon possessed his body?) and then FutureMikey says : "He stopped being father a long time ago."

Well that's my bet, see you in issue #100 :p
Old 08-28-2019, 10:55 AM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nice art and fighting scenes in this one but too little Turtles as usual. Karai and her mutants are truly foes to be reckoned with though. Jennika dons her yellow bandana and Bishop is tracking Hun and the others. Found the discussion about Metalhead just being AI very interesting and Harold has a point.

The Turtles will likely call on Old Hob and the Mutanimals for help along with their other friends. I wonder how this will be resolved and if Karai will be defeated. Like I predicted the Pantheon arenít really in this arc and likely watching from the sidelines, weíll probably not see them resolved till issue 150.

I actually think having Bishop and Karai in this arc is a bit too much, itís like fighting the EPF and Karaiís Foot is filling their plate. I can see why the Patheon arenít here and Null is back on the sidelines as usual.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:09 PM   #36
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I actually think having Bishop and Karai in this arc is a bit too much, itís like fighting the EPF and Karaiís Foot is filling their plate. I can see why the Patheon arenít here and Null is back on the sidelines as usual.
Did you miss the part where this is City at War?

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:16 PM   #37
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Did you miss the part where this is City at War?
Speaking of which, it'll be a major missed opportunity if Karai and Bishop don't clash at some point.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:57 PM   #38
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

I liked how Jennika...
Spoiler:
got her bandanna from Karai's Foot Assain's work uniform. That was her old job, wasn't it?

I thought Brooklyn's reaction was a bit out of place. This is kind of the first time he has ever been anything other than Hun's bartender, so it was a bit jarring.

Hoping the reinforcements come fast for a grand finale!

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 04:02 PM   #39
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfillet101 View Post
I liked how Jennika...
Spoiler:
got her bandanna from Karai's Foot Assain's work uniform. That was her old job, wasn't it?

I thought Brooklyn's reaction was a bit out of place. This is kind of the first time he has ever been anything other than Hun's bartender, so it was a bit jarring.

Hoping the reinforcements come fast for a grand finale!
I think it suits Brooklyn cuz way back when the Skara Brae got trashed when Hun tussled with Fergie and Kennedy (remember them?), Brooklyn was very angry, believing that this ultimately had all to do with the Turtles and the Foot. So Brooklyns unpleasantness towards Jennika is right up there where we last left off with Brooklyn.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:59 PM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

Pour one out for Yumiko and Mongo of the Elite Guard. Yes they had no character but their designs were cool.

I’m actually hoping all of Karai’s minions drop dead. The Turtles forgave Koya and Bludgeon way too many times and they keep coming back for another fight. And Ocho is obviously pure evil. I don’t know if Karai can atone, probably not but Natsu must also die for killing Mongo in cold blood.

It’s time for a culling of the villains. I want to see a bloodbath.