The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-06-2017, 10:25 AM   #41
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I think what it was for me was not so much she had powers, but that they kept escalating them to the point she was starting to feel like a Mary Sue. First was the intuition, which was fine. Maybe that would help when she was in trouble or the Turtles encountered a strange new mutant. Then it started becoming being able to use psychic blasts. Then mindlinking. Then telekinesis. Then someone saying 'She's only just barely scratched the surface of what she can do.' It kept going and going, if I can recall correctly, to where it was said 'The center of the universe is April's mind' or something like that. They took a nifty concept and blew it to smithereens, to the point I thought she would end up vastly outpowering all four Turtles themselves. I wouldn't have minded intuition or even some telepathy ( fitting with what the Kraang can do.) But they just kept tacking on more and more abilities, and I just thought, 'I'm done.'
And yet a Mary Sue is someone who is -Perfect and overpowered to the point they are no longer challenged by the narrative.- And they have plenty of moments where she is still being challenged by whats going on around her. Some of the OPness was caused by the boost she was getting from Za-Noran. Every time April used the crystal it imbued her with more and more of Za-Noran's essence to the point where she is practically psychotic whenever she is separated from the crystal because that is Za-Noran's connection to April. And when Za-Noran had taken possession of April's body and mind, April herself had a hard time fighting her off until Raph told her to 'Remember Donnie.' And that gave her the willpower to stop the Aeon.

With Kavaxas she isn't able to use her powers against him at all because he is from another plane of reality.

Also when Splinter did say April was the only one who was perfection he was saying that she was the only one who was able to hone her intuition.

Leonardo and Michelangelo have been the only ones to achieve Spiritual Prowess and have the strongest ability to sharpen their intuition but trust too much on foresight. While Donnie and Raphael are more limited in that regard because Donnie focuses on what he sees as rational, while Raph is blinded by his anger.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:26 AM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

Fun fact: April being trained to be a ninja/fighter started in the Archie comics first. In Mirage April actually never fights at all, all the way till early Volume 4 and it's only very briefly.

Since in the original cartoon she was always the reporter, we didn't get fighter April until Archie where she trained with a katana. The 2k3 series had April as both a fighter and tech person, but dropped the fighting aspect of her when it progressed. Nick made April into a human/Kraang hybrid experiment so she developed psychic powers.

I guess it's hard to keep April "normal" nowadays because she would just wind up a damsel in distress and that doesn't fly anymore in the modern world.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:16 PM   #43
Penst0ck
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
The world needs more Shinigami. She's easily the best thing to come out of this series.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/f409b92d...72z1o1_500.gif
A freacking ninja witch! Her whole look and concept is amazing, one of the gems this incarnation brought to the franchise. Hope to see more of her.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:22 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penst0ck View Post
A freacking ninja witch! Her whole look and concept is amazing, one of the gems this incarnation brought to the franchise. Hope to see more of her.
Yes...Shinigami was love at first sight.

Great design and a love interest for Karai to boot, what more could you possibly ask for?
Old 10-06-2017, 04:46 PM   #45
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Katamundo spirit guy in Archie and he's not a mutant and as obscure as they come.
He was a physical creature, not a spirit.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:39 AM   #46
AnarkyLantern
Foot Soldier

The consensus from the panelists yesterday was that Tiger Claw would be most likely of the new characters to appear in future media. There were even jokes about a Bayverse version:
AnarkyLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:31 AM   #47
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yes...Shinigami was love at first sight.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/bcff/f...an-dacp9xz.jpg

Great design and a love interest for Karai to boot, what more could you possibly ask for?
would u stop with the shini and karai love ship already! XP

1. the thought is nasty enough as it is!!!
2. karai is not a lesbian!
Old 10-15-2017, 10:53 AM   #48
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
would u stop with the shini and karai love ship already! XP

1.Why
2. She could be bisexual.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:26 AM   #49
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
2. She could be bisexual.
Except she isn't. There's zero evidence that she had a thing for Shini on the show. Cubed's just acting weird as usual.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:17 PM   #50
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
What is nasty about it?

As for topic at hand:
- "apriltello";
- teen April;
- Karai being Splinter's daughter;
- Kraang;
- Tiger Claw;
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:38 PM   #51
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Personally, I don't care for lesbian/bi/gay stuff. And before anyone decides to go off on me for it, yes I do have gay friends.

Anyway, enough on the topic stray.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:38 PM   #52
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Personally, I don't care for lesbian/bi/gay stuff. And before anyone decides to go off on me for it, yes I do have gay friends.
Sounds like "I am not racist, my best fried is black!!"

But whatever.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:31 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'd like to see Snakeweed again in a new series. There's a sense of nostalgia to him because he was the very first new mutant the Nick cartoon created, and he's in the very first episode. There's also not any other recurring plant mutants in any of the other series, so he was a nice new concept.

Unless I'm forgetting something I think the last time we saw him in the Nick series was the episode The Creep returned in Season 3 and merged with him, and they all blew up. He was also in the Nick Batman crossover IDW put out, where Poison Ivy controlled him and made him huge.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:40 PM   #54
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Threads like this remind me why I don't talk about being a Ninja Turtles fan to other people.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:13 PM   #55
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Threads like this remind me why I don't talk about being a Ninja Turtles fan to other people.
I doubt most people know about the more risque side of the TMNT fandom.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:49 PM   #56
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Because of dirty thoughts about your precious muscular acrobatic fit ninja turtles?
Old 10-21-2017, 12:36 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord

What are the chance of Ice Cream Kitty making a triumphant comeback in a future TMNT cartoon?
Old 10-22-2017, 06:22 PM   #58
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

It would be hilarious if 2k12 TMNT were semi-abandoned like 2k3 TMNT was.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:28 PM   #59
CyberCubed
Overlord

2k3 was never abandoned! The 2012 show shall never be abandoned either!
Old 10-22-2017, 06:29 PM   #60
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Probably the turtles and april looking this young again.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote