The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-01-2017, 08:55 PM   #21
kaptainmyke
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

It seems nobody on this forum knows anything about games other than Cure and I. We seem to be the only two hardcore gamers on this forum who keep up with all the modern releases and follow the industry. I don't know what happened to the rest of you, but this place used to be filled with actual gamers.

Only Cure and I know anything about games here. We are hardcore gamers.

Did you look at my post, brah?
Old 03-27-2017, 08:47 AM   #22
Fozzy Badfeet
Random Punk

If I push myself to stay awake every night,after putting my daughter to sleep...Maybe 6hrs-9hrs a week?

Don't have as much free time as I used to have. It sucks, but it's okay.
Fozzy Badfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:41 AM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Anyone who doesn't have at least 1-2 hours to play videogames a night either doesn't manage their time correctly or is too busy with kids. For those of you without kids, it's rather easy.

You guys probably waste most of your time browing online forums or sites than playing videogames. Cut back on the computer and you have more time to play games.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:07 PM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Anyone who doesn't have at least 1-2 hours to play videogames a night either doesn't manage their time correctly or is too busy with kids. For those of you without kids, it's rather easy.

You guys probably waste most of your time browing online forums or sites than playing videogames. Cut back on the computer and you have more time to play games.
What makes you think they don't use their free time to consume other mediums such as anime/cartoons, comics, books, movies or tv shows?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:10 PM   #25
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Says the guy with 30000 posts.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:16 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
He has the oddest definition of "intellectual" I've ever seen. He says ehe doesn't even read books that aren't comics. He just watches cartoons, posts on forums and plays games all day. Unless he considers himself some sort of cartoon/message board/video game scientist.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:33 PM   #27
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Usually play 1 hour of games every night but don't have much variety in games and don't have any interests in games released these days.

The only games I play regularly these days are Pokemon Showdown, Counter-Strike and Super Smash Bros. Melee
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
As said, they're an accumulation of me being here since 2004, for over 13 years. If I had just registered here 5 years ago and had that many posts, that'd raise an eyebrow.

I've literally been here for 13 years. That's nearly a decade and a half. A large amount of posts when I visit all the main TMNT sections and the side sections would be expected.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:41 PM   #29
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
As said, they're an accumulation of me being here since 2004, for over 13 years. If I had just registered here 5 years ago and had that many posts, that'd raise an eyebrow.

I've literally been here for 13 years. That's nearly a decade and a half. A large amount of posts when I visit all the main TMNT sections and the side sections would be expected.
You make several posts a day, though. I've only reached 1000 posts around 2013-2014 and I honestly think I already have a quite high post count considering how small these forums are. If I had gotten one thousand posts per year ever since I had joined I'd still have less than 10000 posts. So yeah, CyberCubed, you post a lot. Not to mention you also reached about 90 thousand post on IGN quite early on and I imagine you have a ton of posts on Serebii as well.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #30
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

About 2-14 hours a week of MarioKart7 on the new3dsxl. Lately though I have been cutting my time short due to more and more hackers joining in and spoiling all the fun.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:40 PM   #31
sdp
-

Revisionist history by CyberCubed. I joined pretty much at the same time he did and he was not a frequent poster, look at my post count and I actually used to have as many posts as he did during the first few years, it wasn't until the 2010's that he started posting en masse.

And to answer CC question about how it's impossible to find 1-2 hours a day, I'm guessing he doesn't do exercise because that takes an hour or more of my day, so there goes my daily gaming time to health.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:58 PM   #32
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Revisionist history by CyberCubed. I joined pretty much at the same time he did and he was not a frequent poster, look at my post count and I actually used to have as many posts as he did during the first few years, it wasn't until the 2010's that he started posting en masse.

And to answer CC question about how it's impossible to find 1-2 hours a day, I'm guessing he doesn't do exercise because that takes an hour or more of my day, so there goes my daily gaming time to health.
When I joined this place in early 2009 he stuck to the TMNT sections only. And he kept reminding everyone else that Lionsgate didn't release the Hokum episodes on DVD or wtv that was about. Back then people already got annoyed at his threads lol
Old 03-28-2017, 07:18 AM   #33
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Not that much recently. The last two games that I spent a lot of time playing were Zelda - A Link Between Worlds and Sonic Boom - Fire and Ice.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:39 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
You make several posts a day, though. I've only reached 1000 posts around 2013-2014 and I honestly think I already have a quite high post count considering how small these forums are. If I had gotten one thousand posts per year ever since I had joined I'd still have less than 10000 posts. So yeah, CyberCubed, you post a lot. Not to mention you also reached about 90 thousand post on IGN quite early on and I imagine you have a ton of posts on Serebii as well.
I had like 30,000 posts on serebii and bulbagarden before I got banned there, lol. I've also been on both those forums since 2004-2005 or so.

I was especially active during the Hoenn and DP seasons because I watched those regularly when they aired (aside from the original seasons I saw as a kid). Had fun arguing with all the crazy Misty fans who were there at the time.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #35
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Does anyone here have stories of games they got into over 10 years ago? I'm talking about games that you still check out even to this day. For me, the only 3 regular video games I play have been out for than a decade and I haven't been interested in maining anything else ever since:

1. Pokemon: I started when I got Pokemon Ruby for the GBA in about 2005. Was instantly hooked to the series then and started playing FireRed, Leafgreen, Sapphire and Emerald as well. Then I got a DS in 2008 which was when I began playing Diamond and Platinum. My DS then one day broke and I didn't play Pokemon for a few more years until I discovered emulators. That got me into the gen 1 and 2 Pokemon games. However, I never got into Black and White and never tried it, instead just quitting the mainstream Pokemon games completely when I discovered Pokemon Showdown which I still play to this day since 2013.

2. Counter-Strike I discovered in 2006 I think when my dad first got the family a desktop PC and I was allowed to buy one game for it. Browsing the flea market of cheap games, I discovered Counter-Strike. It looked interesting so I chose that game (mostly just due to the awesome looking packaging of a SWAT team). When I installed it onto my pc, I was instantly hooked. Ive tried out Counter Strike Source and Global Offensive as well and liked them, but its 1.6/Condition Zero which keeps me coming. Even the Deleted Scenes mode is a guilty pleasure for me and Ive had so many good memories playing Counter-Strike for over 10 years, from inviting friends to play Lan, to having all the different skins, to the experience and feel of the game in general. Still play it occassionaly every week and proud of it.

3. Super Smash Bros: Where do I begin? Well I guess at my cousins house where I saw them with this weird purple toy box with a kiddy gamepad attached to it. Weird as the console was, the game it was playing looked absolutely stunning. Mario and link duelling on Pokemon Stadium, what an awesome concept! I was instantly hooked and it became I sole reason I used to come to visit my cousins so frequently about 10 years ago. Even better, we were neighbours so it was less than a walk in the park. Anyways, I put alot of hours into Smash Bros Melee back then and it became even better when I got a Wii and began playing Brawl. My cousins also showed me their N64 with a working copy of the first smash game so I got the best of all three worlds. I enjoyed all 3 smash games immensely at the time. However, when I moved away from my cousins (overseas), I sort of lost interst over time. That is until last year when I tested Melee on the Dolphin emulator and it worked! I plugged my laptop onto the tv screen and use a Ps3 controller to make melee feel like the good old gamecube again. I've never played Smash 4 for the Wii U and 3DS. I love 64 and brawl alot but Melees my all time no.1 favourite and I still play it to this day. Watching competitive melee videos is also fun and its helped me develop my skill over time.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 03-28-2017 at 01:32 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:46 PM   #36
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I had like 30,000 posts on serebii and bulbagarden before I got banned there, lol. I've also been on both those forums since 2004-2005 or so.

I was especially active during the Hoenn and DP seasons because I watched those regularly when they aired (aside from the original seasons I saw as a kid). Had fun arguing with all the crazy Misty fans who were there at the time.
30 thousand in total, right? What did you get banned for, out of curiosity? Was it those Pokémon fics you wrote that got you banned?

I dunno what kind of reputation you have on Pokémon forums, but I remember you being quite well respected on the TMNT and Pokémon IGN boards. btw, remember LightSpeedDash?
Old 03-28-2017, 02:56 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I dunno what kind of reputation you have on Pokémon forums, but I remember you being quite well respected on the TMNT and Pokémon IGN boards. btw, remember LightSpeedDash?
Same thing I am here, or anywhere. Some people think I'm crazy or trolling, others find me funny and interesting.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:16 PM   #38
kaptainmyke
Hench Mutant

for the 3rd time: I PLAY A SH!T TON OF VIDEO GAMES. thanks

psshhhhhh
OVER
Old 03-28-2017, 11:09 PM   #39
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke View Post

https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/kaptainmyke.png

psshhhhhh
OVER
Why the anger?
Old 03-28-2017, 11:18 PM   #40
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke View Post

https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/kaptainmyke.png

psshhhhhh
OVER
Are you trying to get like, cred around here? No one cares.