Old 01-06-2015, 07:40 PM   #2081
boywonder26
Hench Mutant

Ahhhh!!!thats a good reason..thanks
boywonder26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #2082
Usagi Miyamoto
Random Punk

Hey guys, I was wondering if the art gallery of the IDW volumes included all variant covers.
Usagi Miyamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:55 AM   #2083
Mew
Banned

Question

Where did the TMNT get their weaponry: katana, bo, sais, nunchaku?
Splinter, the rat, didn't bring them down with him, and I doubt they found two twin katanas, two twin sais, two pairs of nunchaku, and a bow in the sewers of New York.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:40 AM   #2084
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Meow View Post
Where did the TMNT get their weaponry: katana, bo, sais, nunchaku?
Splinter, the rat, didn't bring them down with him, and I doubt they found two twin katanas, two twin sais, two pairs of nunchaku, and a bow in the sewers of New York.
So far as I can recall, the Archie comic is the only continuity to ever address that.

TMNT Adventures #71 and TMNT Adventures #72 explained where that universe's Turtles got their weapons.

But I think for the most part it falls under the same category as "where do the TMNT get all their food/electronics/furniture etc.". In all likelihood, they forged/carved the weapons themselves as part of their training, but it's just conjecture.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:22 PM   #2085
Mew
Banned

Why do I talk to my action figures like there my friends?
Old 01-08-2015, 05:49 PM   #2086
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Why do I talk to my action figures like there my friends?
They don't talk back?
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:16 PM   #2087
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
They don't talk back?
Yes, they do, but do I need help?
Old 01-09-2015, 06:54 PM   #2088
mrmaczaps
Banned

Nah. Talking toys is no big deal. When they steal your friends and stop talking to you, then you have a problem.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #2089
johnbond87
Mouser

aside from legalities and minor contradictions the self published "Image" issues by Andrew Modeen help volume 3 to fit in with the mirage continuity again right?
johnbond87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #2090
ToTheNines
[sic]

They never didn't fit in, but yes the Modeen books tie a lot of things back into Mirage stories in a cool way.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:43 AM   #2091
Mew
Banned

Do you know the rarest TMNT figure ever?
Is it Scratch?
Old 01-10-2015, 10:46 AM   #2092
johnbond87
Mouser

I guess I meant not fitting more in terms of not having an explanation to bringing the turtles physical condition back to normal in time for volume 4 also I think someone said something about shellback artworks having an ebay? is their ebay name shellback artworks?

Last edited by johnbond87; 01-10-2015 at 10:54 AM.
johnbond87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:22 AM   #2093
mrmaczaps
Banned

No, Shellback Artworks eBay name isn't Shellback Artworks...

Coopjacko is their username.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:38 PM   #2094
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Do you know the rarest TMNT figure ever?
Is it Scratch?
This is the comic section. But no, it's not Scratch.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #2095
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant

Archie comics

So, I decided to check out the old Archie "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures" comics and was able to find Vol. 1 on Comixology. The main reason I wanted to check this out was of Ninjara. I don't know much about her, other than she was a race of wolf-hybrids and an ally to the Turtles. Not only that, but I really want to see how she formed a relationship with Raph. I remember flipping through an old issue when I was younger and she had been shot trying to save some wolves, then Raph went to save her. I was a bit surprised that they had shown something so graphic when it was supposed to be based on the cartoon show (and we all know how goofy that was).

I wanted to start near the beginning because I'm a stickler for chronology and I hate reading things out of order. Does anyone know when she was exactly brought into the series? I'm very curious and I hope this series of volumes will eventually cover that without bouncing around too much.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:38 PM   #2096
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Ninjara appears from #28 onward.

If you want you can start from #5 without missing much. The first four issues (seven if you count the initial miniseries) are just episode adaptations. #5 is the first original story and #5-13 is the first real arc in the book.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:55 AM   #2097
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
Ninjara appears from #28 onward.

If you want you can start from #5 without missing much. The first four issues (seven if you count the initial miniseries) are just episode adaptations. #5 is the first original story and #5-13 is the first real arc in the book.
Huh...really wish I had posted this question before buying the first volume last night. Apparently, issue 5 isn't until volume 2!

At first, I thought I had the wrong issue when I was reading it and it had that trampy White Snake groupie from the original cartoon. You know, the one who dated Mr. Thompson and hated Turtles, then she dumps the guy because he ate Turtle Soup. ("You ARE a Turtle Lover!") 80s logic; you gotta love it. Still, I might as well read it. It's like a trip down memory lane.

I looked up that issue I mentioned before and it looks like Ninjara is in the series for quite a few issues. I know her last appearance is issue 70 and you said she doesn't show up until #28 (Volume #8, btw). Still, I am curious of what really goes on in this series. I know there are some really weird things here and there (A space cow head being one of them), but then you got stuff like this:

Hearing Rob Paulsen saying that line would give me goosebumps like you wouldn't believe.

I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around a comic based on the goofy cartoon to take such a dark turn. Like I've said, I've bopped around here and there during my research of it and there are some pretty dark moments, like Ninjara being shot, Raph going from smart ass to bad ass (like he was originally). It's just hard to hear the original cast voices coming out of these characters I always affiliated with being goofy and fun loving.

(Which is why I can't wait to get to the original stories!)

Thanks again, Joey! You may have to be my Archie expert for later on.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:00 PM   #2098
Usagi Miyamoto
Random Punk

Most/all of the Archie comic's "dark" stuff is preachy in one form or another(usually relating to environmentalism) so I think that's how they'd get away with most of it - it's true though that it goes to some dark places. I'm pretty hyped for Null (or the "Null group" at least) to pop up in IDW comics.
Usagi Miyamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #2099
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post
So, I decided to check out the old Archie "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures" comics and was able to find Vol. 1 on Comixology. The main reason I wanted to check this out was of Ninjara. I don't know much about her, other than she was a race of wolf-hybrids and an ally to the Turtles. Not only that, but I really want to see how she formed a relationship with Raph. I remember flipping through an old issue when I was younger and she had been shot trying to save some wolves, then Raph went to save her. I was a bit surprised that they had shown something so graphic when it was supposed to be based on the cartoon show (and we all know how goofy that was).

I wanted to start near the beginning because I'm a stickler for chronology and I hate reading things out of order. Does anyone know when she was exactly brought into the series? I'm very curious and I hope this series of volumes will eventually cover that without bouncing around too much.
I have created a new thread which contains links to plot summary of each Archie TMNT Adventures comic issue, check it out if you want a brief overview of all the cannon stories.

Despite the seemingly cartoonish nature of the Archie comics and heavy influence to/from the OT, it can get quite dark and rather adult-themed, for a kids comic anyway. There are stories involving permanent disability (future Raph lost an eye), character deaths (sorry Glublub, and a whole bunch of major characters which I won't spoil here), a serious relationship (Raph and Ninjara), religion, spiritual elements and other controversial stuffs like the Hitler thing.

By the way these are the "first appearance" issues of several notable characters in the Archie comics:

Man Ray/Ray Fillet: TMNT Adventures #5 Something Fishy Goes Down (October, 1989)
Leatherhead: TMNT Adventures #6 Of Turtles and Stones and Mary Bones (November, 1989)
Cudley the Cowlick, Stump & Sling: TMNT Adventures #7 Stump Arena (December, 1989)
Wing Nut & Screwloose: TMNT Adventures #8 Wild Things (February, 1990)
Chameleon: TMNT Adventures #9 Codename: Chameleon (March, 1990)
Scumbug & Wyrm: TMNT Adventures #10 Going Down? (May, 1990)
Rat King: TMNT Adventures #11 White Light (June, 1990)
Maligna: TMNT Adventures #12 The Lost World (July, 1990)
Jagwar: TMNT Adventures #14 Leave Heaven Alone (September, 1990)
Dreadmon & Kid Terra: TMNT Adventures #15 The Howling of Distant Shadows (October, 1990)
Skul & Bean: TMNT Adventures #16 DREADging the Ocean Blue (January, 1991)
Mondo Gecko: TMNT Adventures #18 Mondo Metal (March, 1991)
Mr. Null: TMNT Adventures #19 The Man Who Sold the World (April, 1991)
Chu Hsi/Warrior Dragon: TMNT Adventures #20 Sun and Steel (May, 1991)
Vid Vicious: TMNT Adventures #21 Space Junk Face Funk Cyber Punk (June, 1991)
Slash & Bellybomb: TMNT Adventures #23 Search and Destroy (August, 1991)
Chien Khan & Ninjara: TMNT Adventures #28 Midnight Sun Part One (January, 1992)
Katmandu: TMNT Adventures #33 The Karma of Katmandu (June, 1992)
Verminator-X: TMNT Adventures #36 Steel Breeze (September, 1992)
Armaggon: Mighty Mutanimals #7 I Am Armaggon... (February, 1993)
Mokoshan: TMNT Adventures #67 Moon Eyes Saga Part 1/4: Of Wolves and Men (April, 1995)
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:10 PM   #2100
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
I have created a new thread which contains links to plot summary of each Archie TMNT Adventures comic issue, check it out if you want a brief overview of all the cannon stories.

Despite the seemingly cartoonish nature of the Archie comics and heavy influence to/from the OT, it can get quite dark and rather adult-themed, for a kids comic anyway. There are stories involving permanent disability (future Raph lost an eye), character deaths (sorry Glublub, and a whole bunch of major characters which I won't spoil here), a serious relationship (Raph and Ninjara), religion, spiritual elements and other controversial stuffs like the Hitler thing.

By the way these are the "first appearance" issues of several notable characters in the Archie comics:

Man Ray/Ray Fillet: TMNT Adventures #5 Something Fishy Goes Down (October, 1989)
Leatherhead: TMNT Adventures #6 Of Turtles and Stones and Mary Bones (November, 1989)
Cudley the Cowlick, Stump & Sling: TMNT Adventures #7 Stump Arena (December, 1989)
Wing Nut & Screwloose: TMNT Adventures #8 Wild Things (February, 1990)
Chameleon: TMNT Adventures #9 Codename: Chameleon (March, 1990)
Scumbug & Wyrm: TMNT Adventures #10 Going Down? (May, 1990)
Rat King: TMNT Adventures #11 White Light (June, 1990)
Maligna: TMNT Adventures #12 The Lost World (July, 1990)
Jagwar: TMNT Adventures #14 Leave Heaven Alone (September, 1990)
Dreadmon & Kid Terra: TMNT Adventures #15 The Howling of Distant Shadows (October, 1990)
Skul & Bean: TMNT Adventures #16 DREADging the Ocean Blue (January, 1991)
Mondo Gecko: TMNT Adventures #18 Mondo Metal (March, 1991)
Mr. Null: TMNT Adventures #19 The Man Who Sold the World (April, 1991)
Chu Hsi/Warrior Dragon: TMNT Adventures #20 Sun and Steel (May, 1991)
Vid Vicious: TMNT Adventures #21 Space Junk Face Funk Cyber Punk (June, 1991)
Slash & Bellybomb: TMNT Adventures #23 Search and Destroy (August, 1991)
Chien Khan & Ninjara: TMNT Adventures #28 Midnight Sun Part One (January, 1992)
Katmandu: TMNT Adventures #33 The Karma of Katmandu (June, 1992)
Verminator-X: TMNT Adventures #36 Steel Breeze (September, 1992)
Armaggon: Mighty Mutanimals #7 I Am Armaggon... (February, 1993)
Mokoshan: TMNT Adventures #67 Moon Eyes Saga Part 1/4: Of Wolves and Men (April, 1995)
You guys are the best! And I'll be sure to check out that thread you're making, evan.

I think a lot of people tend to underestimate Archie comics, probably due to the name. Sonic had a pretty goofy start too until his adventures got a lot more epic and intense. And despite Archie's G-rated past, with "Afterlife with Archie" and the "Archie Marries..." series, it just goes to show you that anyone can be "more adult."

(Seriously, have you guys seen the Afterlife of Archie? I never thought an Archie comic would give me nightmares!)

Well, I have this to get through and I appreciate the links and threads. Won't be the last time you see me here, that's for sure.

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions