The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 04-04-2018, 03:52 PM   #41
Sumac
Banned

Social Media has brought worst in people - culture of fragility and narcissism.
Every weirdo and freak received platform, which led to this sorry state of informational field we have now.

Everyone thinks that they are "super awesome special" and if you dare not to aknowledge them as such, they either go crazy or call you names..
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:55 PM   #42
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post

It's the culture more so than the current gun laws. If you can believe it, there were shooting clubs back in New York City high schools until 1969. So it begs the question as to what's different? One strong possibility is the overwhelming culture of narcissism to the point that now some people are willing to be well-known for infamy, rather than being an upright person that no one will ever know about or, frankly, not care about. ...And thanks to the cultural addiction of social media, that psychological craving for attention is even greater.

One topic that seems to get swept under the rug is law enforcement/government incompetence. Like with Parkland, and the incompetence of the Air Force to submit the gun man's criminal history to the FBI in the Texas church shooting last November, and now this...
So because the government isn't doing it's job, everyone else's freedoms have to be restricted?

It won't be too surprising now, if soon a call for all knives should be banned considering how terrorists are improvising their attacks:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-knife-attack/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/hengsha.../#1abadcee6235
Except that humanity in general have been narcissistic and done ****ed up things in the past to gain attention also going to knives attack, people do have a higher percentage of surviving that than a mass shooting.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:00 PM   #43
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Social Media is the great EVIL, says guy who makes money off of being controversial on social media.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:10 PM   #44
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:50 PM   #45
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Social Media is the great EVIL, says guy who makes money off of being controversial on social media.

ya InfoWars conspiracy theorist guy a name you can trust

Old 04-04-2018, 04:57 PM   #46
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:23 PM   #47
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Remember, folks...

They turned the frickin' frogs gay.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:33 PM   #48
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Except that humanity in general have been narcissistic and done ****ed up things in the past to gain attention also going to knives attack, people do have a higher percentage of surviving that than a mass shooting.
Before the age of Social Media, those idiots could not advertise themselves.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:47 PM   #49
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I don’t think the social media aspect of this particular instance factors in at all. Employers always have employees that get upset because of business decisions. Also people feel abused by big corporations often, and hate these corporations. None of this is new. The shooter could have been a past employee at the post office or a Kentucky Fried Chicken. And that would have been the scene of the crime and not YouTube.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #50
Prowler
Emperor

A shooting in USA? This is news?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:00 PM   #51
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Everyone thinks that they are "super awesome special" and if you dare not to aknowledge them as such, they either go crazy or call you names..
did you know i'm apparently a woman hater? I also don't know what the hell i'm talking about. and haven't posted an honest, unbiased take on anything yet either.

boy, the things you find out about yourself when you post on the internet. thanks net, I never knew! --- this is sarcasm. google it.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:24 PM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's true (I don't know about the mentally ill part, though). It's kinda like it never even happened.

Also, it looks like someone knocked out her actual website that was at www.nasimesabz.com. I get Youtube pulling her videos... but how and why did anyone take her website down? I'm sure it was still paid out for the month. Odd.

I looked up the WHOIS details for the now-shut down website here:
https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?na...nasimesabz.com

It looks like it was a standard domain with a server run by Yahoo. Yahoo doesn't have any affiliation with Google or Youtube... so what's going on here?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:42 PM   #53
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
http://www.highlander-community.com/meme.jpg

It's true (I don't know about the mentally ill part, though). It's kinda like it never even happened.

Also, it looks like someone knocked out her actual website that was at www.nasimesabz.com. I get Youtube pulling her videos... but how and why did anyone take her website down? I'm sure it was still paid out for the month. Odd.

I looked up the WHOIS details for the now-shut down website here:
https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?na...nasimesabz.com

It looks like it was a standard domain with a server run by Yahoo. Yahoo doesn't have any affiliation with Google or Youtube... so what's going on here?
You know I just did a quick google searched on the 'Youtube Shooter" and I found out that CNN was still doing the story. Also I don't know how to tell you this but new coverage don't really stick to mass shootings with a low bodycount because there isn't much to talk about.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:56 PM   #54
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
You know I just did a quick google searched on the 'Youtube Shooter" and I found out that CNN was still doing the story. Also I don't know how to tell you this but new coverage don't really stick to mass shootings with a low bodycount because there isn't much to talk about.
I have been pretty disappointed by the lack of news coverage on this incident. It gives credence to the idea that certain media organizations do not wish to cover the event bc it goes against the narrative they are trying to push and I feel like this is quite true to a degree.

But I think Papagreg may be on to something about a lack of casualties (thankfully) may be the reason why it has not seen the same amount of coverage as other shooting events.

But I know of a couple other incidents with similar numbers receiving far more media coverage than this one.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:18 PM   #55
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

It’s sad that the number of casualties determines the amount of coverage a story gets. But you would think being such a unique circumstance that it would get more coverage. It’s news worthy in that the shooter is female, 39 years old, vegan and a PETA supporter. I think the 2015 San Bernardino attack was the last time a female was involved.

One of the strange things to me is that when I think of someone that is a vegan, has exercise videos and cares about animals. I think this person respects and values life. They know the importance of health and caring for those that are vulnerable. So it is very weird that they would go and shoot people. It’s almost like the opposite of everything they allegedly stood for.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:05 PM   #56
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Can we get a general US shootings thread? They're clogging up the forum
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:17 PM   #57
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Can we get a general US shootings thread? They're clogging up the forum
Agreed. Just like the Sexual Allegations thread.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #58
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
It’s news worthy in that the shooter is female, 39 years old, vegan and a PETA supporter. I think the 2015 San Bernardino attack was the last time a female was involved.
I mean not really, its not like she was killing people for animal rights or something. She was attacking youtube because they demonetize her videos, also she was kinda crazy.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:04 PM   #59
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
I mean not really, its not like she was killing people for animal rights or something. She was attacking youtube because they demonetize her videos, also she was kinda crazy.
It’s just that I would think if someone cared about innocent lives it wouldn’t matter if animal or human. It’s not like the shooter had a specific target of the CEO or anything. The shooter pretty much shows by her video history and recent actions that she values money and animals over people. But I’m realizing maybe I shouldn’t try to understand these types of things, useless effort perhaps.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:05 PM   #60
mrmaczaps
Banned

Peta now has more members that have killed people than the NRA...

Even if it was just herself....
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote