The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-26-2019, 03:35 PM   #41
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
You’re detail oriented, which is great. You have an eye for the little things, stuff many people don’t worry about.

It’s weird right, because the movie turtles are pretty damned accurate, scarily so, given they can’t scan the original suits, and just have old Photos to pull from.

You’d think the cartoon would be easier. We should have gotten exactly what was on screen, but maybe the real question is, what WAS on screen? The first mini looks different from season 2 looks different from red sky etc etc. The style changes when you really pay attention, and I’m sure you do. The neca toon turtles, they are very close to the model sheets. PCS has gone even closer, with sculptures that look a lot like the intro, but not exactly. They seem to have too much anime in them, overly large beaks etc.

But my man, Neca gave is something very close to what we’ve wanted. Maybe its the licensing angle you don’t get, but that IS THE PROBLEM. You’re ascribing choice, not thinking about the negotiations behind the scenes. Playmates has been very hostile, blocking this move for years.
The PCS Collectibles Raphael sculpture looks close enough to how Raphael looked in the opening to both the ‘87 mini-series and ‘88 syndicated series, but that’s it. The Shredder and Casey Jones (especially Casey Jones) seem to be based off of the Retro Collection designs.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:53 PM   #42
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The PCS Collectibles Raphael sculpture looks close enough to how Raphael looked in the opening to both the ‘87 mini-series and ‘88 syndicated series, but that’s it. The Shredder and Casey Jones (especially Casey Jones) seem to be based off of the Retro Collection designs.
So? If I were to look for the definitive tmnt look from the FW cartoon series, the opening credits would be the go to. You could angle for one of the other 6 looks, but people remember the into.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:59 PM   #43
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Perfect FW Turtles will not ever be made. Perfection does not exist in this world.
Then maybe you should chill out and stop demanding it?
Old 08-27-2019, 04:06 AM   #44
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Shredder and Casey Jones have not been made by PCS. You may be thinking of the Ikon statues.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:55 AM   #45
TommyT
Banned

Ok, it’s not exact, but thats damned close.

Like, sure the headband could be straight across,
fore arms could be bigger, plastron could be smaller.

Still a solid figure.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:43 AM   #46
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
What model sheets? The ones used for the syndicated mini-series, syndicated series, Saturday morning series, or Turtles Forever?

I agree with you. From 1987 to 1996, there were too many different versions of the turtles. I think the ‘88 to ‘91 syndicated series Turtles would have been more recognizable. I think that’s what NECA was going for, but they missed the mark by trying to get the ADULT ACTION FIGURE COLLECTORS.

I would say the license for the original toon should go to Funko, so Funko action figures, like the ones for the Disney Afternoon, could be produced. Unfortunately for Turtles fans, none of the companies seem to have good material to base their collectibles off of. NECA appears to almost be going by the TMNT Retro Collection designs.

I still say NECA should discontinue the Target 2 pack line altogether. The wave 2 turtles of the Target 2 Pack line definitely resemble the Retro Collection turtles. If I were a NECA Cartoon collector, that would throw me off.

Perfect FW Turtles will not ever be made. Perfection does not exist in this world.

Why are you in every thread trashing NECAs cartoon turtles? You are filling up pages and pages of whining about tiny details and complaining that no one else will agree with you. 1 thread is enough for this content-you dont need to monopolize every one.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:53 PM   #47
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I want to make a pron joke, but I won't.
I mean she's the only recurring female character, who else are the heroes gonna give it to?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:14 AM   #48
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I mean she's the only recurring female character, who else are the heroes gonna give it to?
Deviantart votes Splinter, Tumbler thinks each other.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:45 AM   #49
youhavemysupport
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I would like to post a video but also not get banned so here is my reenactment:

Spoiler:

🍕
Old 08-29-2019, 11:54 PM   #50
TommyT
Banned

Funny, I actually thought there would be more outrage over the lack of finessing done to the April Neca figure.

Is she not loved?
Old 08-30-2019, 01:11 PM   #51
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Funny, I actually thought there would be more outrage over the lack of finessing done to the April Neca figure.

Is she not loved?
There’s plenty of outrage. If there’s one NECA figure that people other than mikey0 are bitching about, its that April. She looks great to me, though.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:41 PM   #52
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane E5R View Post
There’s plenty of outrage. If there’s one NECA figure that people other than mikey0 are bitching about, its that April. She looks great to me, though.
The only question I have at this point is, can she make a pose like the one below?

Old 08-31-2019, 12:37 AM   #53
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane E5R View Post
I haven’t seen any bitching. Is there a thread, or is there complaints elsewhere?
Old 08-31-2019, 10:24 AM   #54
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
She’s the last figure to be featured in most lines, and usually looks the worst.
Neca is great, but where’s the love for April? Her figure is the sloppiest of the entire run. It’s a conspiracy I tell you!
Outside of the NECA 2008 Mirage Comics, the 1990 Jim Henson Movie, and a few other lines, when was April ever the last figure to be featured in a Turtles line? Not in any of the Playmates or Diamond Select Minimates lines.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:21 PM   #55
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Outside of the NECA 2008 Mirage Comics, the 1990 Jim Henson Movie, and a few other lines, when was April ever the last figure to be featured in a Turtles line? Not in any of the Playmates or Diamond Select Minimates lines.
Even for the Mirage comics line from NECA she wasn't the last. The Foot was planned to follow April but for a comic version there's probabaly less appeal so April was released as an comic con exclusive with 2 variants (green / yellow jumpsuit planned)
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 04:46 PM   #56
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Even for the Mirage comics line from NECA she wasn't the last. The Foot was planned to follow April but for a comic version there's probabaly less appeal so April was released as an comic con exclusive with 2 variants (green / yellow jumpsuit planned)
Do you prefer the blue jumpsuit April from the 2008 Mirage Comics line or animated April from the Target 2 pack sets?
Old 08-31-2019, 09:36 PM   #57
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Do you prefer the blue jumpsuit April from the 2008 Mirage Comics line or animated April from the Target 2 pack sets?
Good question. Curious to know if 87April just doesn’t have the popularity.

Wasn’t Mirage April a test by Neca? I thought they wanted to see just how strong the demand for more TMNT was.

Was rough getting that rug pulled on the Mirage Shredder.

Here’s my two cents, even though the question was put to @cloud:
Mirage April put out by Neca is very many. She looks like angry Cher.Mirage April in the comics had a rounder face in her first appearance.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:35 PM   #58
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Good question. Curious to know if 87April just doesn’t have the popularity.

Wasn’t Mirage April a test by Neca? I thought they wanted to see just how strong the demand for more TMNT was.

Was rough getting that rug pulled on the Mirage Shredder.

Here’s my two cents, even though the question was put to @cloud:
Mirage April put out by Neca is very many. She looks like angry Cher.Mirage April in the comics had a rounder face in her first appearance.
I believe you are right about the 2009 Mirage April being a test. I vote for the 2009 Mirage April over the 2019 or 2020 MWS April. The face and collar colors of the MWS April are inaccurate.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:07 AM   #59
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
I believe you are right about the 2009 Mirage April being a test. I vote for the 2009 Mirage April over the 2019 or 2020 MWS April. The face and collar colors of the MWS April are inaccurate.
But what about the OT April in general? She’s not the fave?
Old 09-01-2019, 02:07 AM   #60
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
But what about the OT April in general? She’s not the fave?
I woued love a 87 april but dont know if she is a fave.i also woued love a uppgraded mirage april with better hips and facesculpt.i never did like the yellow jumpsuite that was planned but woued love a green because that was how she was colored In issue 3.mirage april was never a test she was planned with series 2 that also woued have shredder,foot and elite.but because playmate did say they did want to make mirage tmnt Neca coued not and april and the mouesers was the last that was relased AS a con exclusive.the mousers was planned to come with april and the foot to armybuild but AS Neca was shut down to make more at retail they did relase a mouserer pack instead.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote