The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-13-2019, 12:59 PM   #41
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post

For over the past 10 years we had the same turtles filling in the same roles fighting the same enemies, if thats not a compelling justification to be off brand I don't know what is.
Maybe you're right. I didn't really articulate what I dislike about the show. I'm not against things going slightly "off brand". In fact, I despite the death of creativity and fear of trying new things with beloved characters. I just don't love this direction. Maybe I'll gather my thoughts and try again.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:16 PM   #42
TommyT
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Maybe you're right. I didn't really articulate what I dislike about the show. I'm not against things going slightly "off brand". In fact, I despite the death of creativity and fear of trying new things with beloved characters. I just don't love this direction. Maybe I'll gather my thoughts and try again.
Or maybe you’re having an argument with a half wit with horrible taste. It gives me incredible joy to know this show has been cancelled, and that they’ve been burned badly enough that people like him will slink back to Steven Universe land. You’re arguments are fine and sound, he’s living in a fantasy world.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:22 PM   #43
TommyT
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I can't believe you forgot to add that "Nemesis" is the best Star Trek movie, "The Spaghetti Incident?!" is the best Guns N Roses album, and Rocky V was Stallone's greatest masterpiece.
Now you have me laughing. Damn you.

I’m sincerely wondering why this @papgreg hasn’t been banned yet.
How many ways can a person be told they’re not wanted here?
Old 12-13-2019, 01:28 PM   #44
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Growing and evolving is one thing, and they have. It's nice to look back and see how that has happened in an organic way that works for them, collectively and individually. But wanting to throw it all away out of boredom and trying too hard to be "different"... then why stick around or force something that is that much of a departure to be TMNT.

Yeah, I agree that rehashing the same stories all the time gets old. New stories have never been a problem, imo, and I'd be very glad for that. But why must that coincide with screwing up who the Turtles are in the process...

When you're as old as some of us, these guys are kinda like old friends in some a way. I'm no more bored of who they are as characters then I am of who my oldest real life friend is who I've known for nearly as long (30 years).

Call me weird, but I kind of care about what happens with these guys and how they're being handled, not just how they're entertaining me or not.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:31 PM   #45
LioConvoy
Random Punk

Quote:
1. Don't care used him as an example

2.Not doing that

3. Again there are tons of threads that go off topic so yes you asking for everyone to do what you want is special treatment also off topic but what is with this site and using the word "objective" as an adjective. Also at least I never been temp ban like seriously how do you get temp ban when you have less than a 100 posts maybe should take care of the controlling personalty you have.

4. Well I'm not a dog and I have no reason to do what you exactly want me to do okay. You are a member of this forum and if people don't do what you want on this thread you have no right to tell them what to do it happens to literally everyone who makes a thread but for some reason you're the only person who complains about it.

As long as I see something I want to reply to, I'll reply.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/f0f1...temid=14707056

What's with people in their 30s not comprehending that some people might like some interpretations better than the ones they like.

For over the past 10 years we had the same turtles filling in the same roles fighting the same enemies, if thats not a compelling justification to be off brand I don't know what is.

That's not animation thats design

Meanwhile its enjoyed on places like Twitter, Reddit, Sakugabooru, and tumblr or you can just say they aren't "rEal FAnS"

Hey remember when Tom Waltz called you out for making dumb conspiracies, good to see you didn't learn that lesson.

I'm pretty sure you tried to slander the creator

Again opinions some people have them
The crux of your issue here is that you suffer from being told that your slack-jawed stupidity isnít welcome everywhere. And yes, you WILL sit there and take it. Like the dog you are. Because the only thing you CAN do is more passive-aggressive replies because people said mean things about a show you like. Youíre 15 pounds of stupid in a 3 pound bag.

And again, itís not ďexpecting special treatmentĒ to tell you to take your limp-wristed stupidity somewhere else. I get it; this thread hurts your foreskin-thick hide. But scroll past it and move on. Itís a cartoon; not your non-existent girlfriend/wife.

Also, I donít need to see someone, as I donít have a ďcontrolling personalityĒ. Expecting people to follow simple directions isnít controlling; itís a seasonable expetaction most sentient creatures can live up to.

You, though? I think you should probably (and I mean this seriously) go get tested. Because boy, you are on the SPECTRUM and you are on it HARD.

1. You canít read social cues.
2. You have obsessive fixations.
3. You canít handle the banter.
4. Itís clear your parents treated you with kid gloves and let you do whatever you wanted because they didníy Know how to handle a special needs kid.

Go get some help.
LioConvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:34 PM   #46
TommyT
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Growing and evolving is one thing, and they have. It's nice to look back and see how that has happened in an organic way that works for them, collectively and individually. But wanting to throw it all away out of boredom and trying too hard to be "different"... then why stick around or force something that is that much of a departure to be TMNT.

Yeah, I agree that rehashing the same stories all the time gets old. New stories have never been a problem, imo, and I'd be very glad for that. But why must that coincide with screwing up who the Turtles are in the process...

When you're as old as some of us, these guys are kinda like old friends in some a way. I'm no more bored of who they are as characters then I am of who my oldest real life friend is who I've known for nearly as long (30 years).
For an example of a real fan, see the above.

For the idiots in the room : if the recipe calls for chocolate, and you use cow dung instead, only people who love the taste of cow dung will be pleased, and those who liked the recipe will want their money back.

And to the troll who thinks heís being cute, google words before using them if you donít know what they mean. Itís painfully obvious youíre under educated.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:39 PM   #47
Vegita-San
Emperor

I tried to avoid the term real fan in the past....
but these days? I use it in full force.

We have non creative executives trying to hijack ideas for their 15 minutes of fame. non creatives who don't understand a property and what made it tick taking things over. non creatives who have an agenda and want to use a property and don't care if it gets ruined or not.

This show falls into one of those three....at least.

IDW TMNT takes things in a different direction. We've never had re incarnated turtles before. Apolex and Nobody being full team members is new. Jenika, a foot assasin is new. Old ideas get updated well. The Pantheon is completely new, and in interesting idea. Hob is completely new and an interesting idea..

It still feels like turtles...it doesn't radically change things....and the art isn't too hard on the eyes... it CAN be done.

Nick just didn't want to do it. they wanted to turn tmnt into sponge bob 2 and it failed.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:59 PM   #48
AquaParade
Big Boss

I just hope between this and the Platinum Dunes films, that Nick and Viacom will swing the pendulum back to the source material as the inspiration for what comes next. I know there is a lot of pessimism, which is fair, but I find logic in the idea that those in charge will see the failure of a "radical new direction" in both instances, and decide there is more money to be found in following the source material.

Because, again, no one will accuse me of being afraid of change when it comes to properties I love, but in this case, I think the source material has much to offer that hasn't been used to it's full potential by other mediums.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:17 PM   #49
TommyT
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I think the source material has much to offer that hasn't been used to it's full potential by other mediums.
this needs to be a t shirt. Somebody make that happen.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:14 PM   #50
The Great Saiyaman
Hench Mutant

Quote:

SNIP
Again opinions some people have them
As Frank Zappa would eloquently put it:

"Opinions are like @$$holes, everybody's got one."
Old 12-13-2019, 04:45 PM   #51
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Critisism of the show is fine. Attacking other members not so much.

Tommy, PApagreg knock it off. LioConvoy don't any fuel to the fire.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 04:54 PM   #52
Leo656
The Franchise

I, personally, am perfectly fine with someone having a different opinion than mine so long as they can articulate and defend that opinion with something more substantial and fact-based than, "It's just how I feel." That, though, I immediately dismiss. If it gets to a point where I seem to disagree with a person on EVERYTHING under the sun, I might poke a little fun but I honestly don't care that much what people do. But I do feel strongly that if you're going to proactively engage with someone over a difference of opinion, one had best be prepared to defend their own point of view with more than just "Muh 'Pinion!" An opinion only carries weight when it's supported by arguments of substance, otherwise it's literally hot air.
--------------

TommyT: PA hasn't actually broken any rules, is the thing.

Not that people ever get banned anymore when they actually DO break the rules... Just saying, that's the answer to your query.
---------------

LioConvoy: Are you me from like 2004? Or like, my Earth-69 doppelganger?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:02 PM   #53
LioConvoy
Random Punk

Quote:
LioConvoy: Are you me from like 2004? Or like, my Earth-69 doppelganger?
I didnít know having no patience for stupidity is being edgy now. How the times have changed!

>earth 69

NICE
LioConvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:22 PM   #54
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
I can't believe you forgot to add that "Nemesis" is the best Star Trek movie, "The Spaghetti Incident?!" is the best Guns N Roses album, and Rocky V was Stallone's greatest masterpiece.
I'm not joking. Rise being vastly different catches my attention and have some fantastic animation.

I've never been big on FW and honestly, I have zero interest in re-watching 2k3. In retrospect and now that we have more shows to compare, it's a bit of a boring show compared to 2012 and Rise.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:24 PM   #55
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, good that it works for you.

I'm on record, I'd care less about it if there was something for people who DON'T like it to sink their teeth into, and I suspect many people feel the same. Pretty sure most of the most vicious "haters" wouldn't even care if it didn't feel like they were being frozen out.

I genuinely don't understand why huge, established franchises such as TMNT don't always have different "flavors" on the shelf for the fans who have different tastes. Like in pro wrestling, WWE is the global "standard" but lots of fans hate it. Fortunately there's Ring of Honor for "purists", Chikara for people who like "comedic" or more outlandish wrestling, CZW if you like gore, etc. etc. "Pro Wrestling" means different things to different people, but at any given time there's an assortment of flavors for every type of fan. So to people who wonder why it's so popular, well, that's a big reason: Universal appeal.

TMNT historically only lets one type of fan at a time have their "turn" to play with it, and that's very frustrating. I'm sure that Rise does exactly what it sets out to do and hits all the notes for people who want exactly that, but if you DON'T like it, well... You get nothing. And that, I suspect, is the actual reason why so many people are so violently against it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 10:01 AM   #56
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
And that, I suspect, is the actual reason why so many people are so violently against it.
Well, it hasn't gotten to the point of torches and pitchforks at least. But goodness knows humankind will never stop feeling like words hurt just as much, I guess.

Like what Vegita-San was saying about Spongebob though, it's pretty obvious they thought it was a good move to try to shoehorn the TMNT into the same kind of concept and tone as so many cartoons today. Like what works for all of those (more often than not series without decades of previous incarnations) was mistakenly believed should work for them too, but trying to force such a longtime property to just become a part of that doesn't work too well for the TMNT. (Hell, even Spongebob has changed and gone more in that direction and the newer eps have gone down in quality the last few years.) I mean, to each their own for those that like 'Rise'... But the current cartoon trends just aren't a good look for the Turtles, and I hope after this one they decide "it's been done" and don't continue to force them to try to become just another face lost in a sea of cartoons that look like this.

I mean, why buy a strong, long-lived property if you just want to turn it into everything else you have going.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-14-2019 at 10:07 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 10:31 AM   #57
Vegita-San
Emperor

sometimes I wonder who the real nick plants around here are .

Also, regarding indigo's last point...

this is the problem when a company has too many properties. they don't have one dedicated person who knows each property put in charge to guide it and mold it. so, all you have is a commitee of executives who will take just about anything. and that's how we end up with LGTBQ She-Ra.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:21 AM   #58
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LioConvoy View Post
The crux of your issue here is that you suffer from being told that your slack-jawed stupidity isn’t welcome everywhere. And yes, you WILL sit there and take it. Like the dog you are. Because the only thing you CAN do is more passive-aggressive replies because people said mean things about a show you like. You’re 15 pounds of stupid in a 3 pound bag.
And starting off with the ad homs, nice.

Quote:
And again, it’s not “expecting special treatment” to tell you to take your limp-wristed stupidity somewhere else. I get it; this thread hurts your foreskin-thick hide. But scroll past it and move on. It’s a cartoon; not your non-existent girlfriend/wife.
Dude you are the one who is throwing a tantrum for not doing what you want and replying to people if my hide was half as thick as yours then I would call people stupid for not enjoying the show.

Quote:
Also, I don’t need to see someone, as I don’t have a “controlling personality”. Expecting people to follow simple directions isn’t controlling; it’s a seasonable expetaction most sentient creatures can live up to.
It is when people have no reason to follow your rules again you're a member nothing more and nothing less and people not following your "rules" is nothing to whine and complain about. Also apparently not every sentient creature can properly spell "expectation" even when they

Quote:
You, though? I think you should probably (and I mean this seriously) go get tested. Because boy, you are on the SPECTRUM and you are on it HARD.

1. You can’t read social cues.
2. You have obsessive fixations.
3. You can’t handle the banter.
4. It’s clear your parents treated you with kid gloves and let you do whatever you wanted because they didn’y Know how to handle a special needs kid.

Go get some help.
1. Oh I can I just don't care
2. Says the person who always makes a scene when I reply to someone.
3.I can, if I didn't I would call for this thread to be closed or something me replying to people doesn't stop the banter in fact it adds to it.
4. Guy learn to re-read your posts because man you calling me special needs it like calling the pot calling the fork black for example "didn'y"

Last edited by PApagreg; 12-14-2019 at 12:13 PM.
PApagreg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:56 PM   #59
TommyT
Hench Mutant

It gives me hope, that Rise is considered a failure. A horrible dumpster fire we can use to send smoke signals to the powers that be.

No more flat - ugly animation. Take a cue from the Madalorian, spend the time and money on developing something for the grown fans.

Itís not for kids, itís for us.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:35 PM   #60
AquaParade
Big Boss

There should be a wider range of ages catered to, but Nick is clearly afraid of confusing parents and tainting the waters of their kiddy $ pool. It's the same dilemma facing Marvel with Deadpool right now, where it will be interesting to see whether they let the adult toys play with the kid toys.

Or how the first TMNT movie faced massive backlash from parents who thought they were going to see a cartoon, leading of course to the neutered sequel.

However, I think audiences are

A. Now comprised of more adults than ever who want TMNT content.

B. Sophisticated enough to figure out what is for children and what is not. Batman has proven it can be done.