The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-19-2019, 02:22 AM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Rise Official Episode Discussion S1 EP13 The Evil League of Mutants

The Evil League of Mutants
Baron Draxum assembles a league of villains to defeat the Turtles.

Here's a clip

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsyh0umgXiN/

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:42 AM   #2
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Everybody interrupting Draxum was getting on my nerves. I just wanted to hear what he had to say.

Edit: This is crazy. What do you think the Foot guys wanted at the end?

Last edited by Kenwatanabesclone; 01-19-2019 at 07:57 AM.
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:08 AM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yoshi and Shredder, who?

I mean, I suppose it's an interesting twist out of left field (even if predictable enough that some were suspecting it early on) that Lou Jitsu is the source of the Turtle's human DNA -- I mean I supposed it doesn't have to be from Yoshi -- but to cut Yoshi out all together? That's just kinda sad. A mutated Lou Jitsu could have still be a factor and presence in their lives without replacing Yoshi.

And unless Draxum creates and/or hires himself a Shredder as an underling, or becomes Shredder himself (which sounds overdone), then I guess forget about Shredder, too. (Nope, sorry Shredder RP guy, your hopes may be toast.)

It's surprising that they'd cut Yoshi out like this right after those PD films had done it. (And somehow I have almost a vaguely queasy feeling that some will defend the choice tooth and nail for this series even though it was an unanimously stupid choice for a couple of films that total less than four hours of existence.)

That said... this ep was entertaining enough I guess, but nothing special. Primarily it was decent based on actually trying to reveal and pull together some info actually pertaining to the arc again for once. Though I'm not so sure about a TMNT series using musical numbers to cram a bunch of it in there. The classic montage really seems to suit TMNT better.

I like that they kind of left it off as a small cliff hanger with the Foot at the end. And them actually showing a little bit of power already happening there that they were even capable of bringing Draxum of all people to them. (Now how many weeks or months before we even get back to that?)

Unless Shredder is already there behind the scenes with the Foot and HE wants to work with Draxum, but yeah... about that disconnect since there is no Yoshi and no rivalry or reason for him to want anything to do with a bunch of Turtles who aren't too much of a threat yet as far as his awareness should be concerned. (Well... unless they have ladders and fish to use as weapons. *facepalm*)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:09 AM   #4
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yoshi and Shredder, who?

I mean, I suppose it's an interesting twist out of left field (even if predictable enough that some were suspecting it early on) that Lou Jitsu is the source of the Turtle's human DNA -- I mean I supposed it doesn't have to be from Yoshi -- but to cut Yoshi out all together? That's just kinda sad. A mutated Lou Jitsu could have still be a factor and presence in their lives without replacing Yoshi.

And unless Draxum creates and/or hires himself a Shredder as an underling, or becomes Shredder himself (which sounds overdone), then I guess forget about Shredder, too. (Nope, sorry Shredder RP guy, your hopes may be toast.)

It's surprising that they'd cut Yoshi out like this right after those PD films had done it. (And somehow I have almost a vaguely queasy feeling that some will defend the choice tooth and nail for this series even though it was an unanimously stupid choice for a couple of films that total less than four hours of existence.)

That said... this ep was entertaining enough I guess, but nothing special. Primarily it was decent based on actually trying to reveal and pull together some info actually pertaining to the arc again for once. Though I'm not so sure about a TMNT series using musical numbers to cram a bunch of it in there. The classic montage really seems to suit TMNT better.
You haven't proven that dude and it's not confirmed if they forgot about the shredder.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:18 AM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

Alright I haven't watched the episode yet, did Lou mutate into Splinter or not?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:18 AM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You're a plant, aren't ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Alright I haven't watched the episode yet, did Lou mutate into Splinter or not?
Considering what he (Splinter) was strongly hinting at and his reaction just as it ended (it was never directly said), it seems far more probable than not.

I'll never quite understand why mutation for most is believed to equal turning into bad people. Maybe the new "league" were crappy people to start with, I dunno, but none were just criminals off the street with any reason to be or go bad. The newest two are, what, two circus performers or something like that? Weird.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-19-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:48 AM   #7
Vicky82
Emperor

Pretty good episode, I liked the fight scene with Turtles fighting with ladders and fish as they didn't have there weapons with them (it reminded me of 2012 episode The Pulverizer Returns)

It was pretty obvious that Splinter is Lou Jitsu and even though the turtles have Lou Jitsu DNA they still don't know Splinter is Lou Jitsu, I guess they will find out in the season 1 final.

I liked the little cliffhanger at the end with Footclan joining forces with Baron Draxon.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:38 AM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Yoshi and Shredder, who?

I like that they kind of left it off as a small cliff hanger with the Foot at the end. And them actually showing a little bit of power already happening there that they were even capable of bringing Draxum of all people to them. (Now how many weeks or months before we even get back to that?)

Unless Shredder is already there behind the scenes with the Foot and HE wants to work with Draxum, but yeah... about that disconnect since there is no Yoshi and no rivalry or reason for him to want anything to do with a bunch of Turtles who aren't too much of a threat yet as far as his awareness should be concerned. (Well... unless they have ladders and fish to use as weapons. *facepalm*)
I thought about that too. Well, maybe Lou Jitsu was just his "professional name?"

Anyhoo, I loved the episode, and I can respect this as being a "now for something completely different" take on the TMNT franchise.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:41 AM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Like Yoshi fled to New York and became Lou Jitsu? Well that would definitely be an out of left field idea.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:01 PM   #10
Allio
Foot Elite

Hey man, guy gotta make money.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:04 PM   #11
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Like Yoshi fled to New York and became Lou Jitsu? Well that would definitely be an out of left field idea.
Better strategy than becoming a reclusive hobo living in the sewers!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:35 PM   #12
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Either Lou Jitsu was human Splinter, or he's the silhouette in the end of Bug Busters.

Like the Modern Major General parody.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 03:43 PM   #13
victory_angel
Foot Elite

It could be possible that Lou Jitsu was a professional stage name that Hamato Yoshi could have taken. After all, Bruce Lee's true name was actually Lee Jun-fan, and Jackie Chan's true name is Chan Kong-sang.

So Lou Jitsu would have more oomph in it for a person who markets himself as a fighter or an action star than someone with the name of Hamato Yoshi. It's kinda like how Sylvester Stalone is often referred to as Rocky or Rambo because those are the most prominent roles he played.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:37 PM   #14
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
It could be possible that Lou Jitsu was a professional stage name that Hamato Yoshi could have taken. After all, Bruce Lee's true name was actually Lee Jun-fan, and Jackie Chan's true name is Chan Kong-sang.

So Lou Jitsu would have more oomph in it for a person who markets himself as a fighter or an action star than someone with the name of Hamato Yoshi. It's kinda like how Sylvester Stalone is often referred to as Rocky or Rambo because those are the most prominent roles he played.
That’s what I was thinking
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:44 AM   #15
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I actually liked this episode.
While this isn't my favorite version of TMNT, I think it's headed in an interesting direction and I'm here for the ride.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:16 PM   #16
newhire13
Hench Mutant

I think it’s pretty obvious that Splinter is Luo Jitsu (“Luo Jitsu cares about you in many ways that you will never know.”) They might just not do the Hamato Yoshi identity though. Or it’s his other name before becoming Luo.

And jeez, they’re only 13.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:35 PM   #17
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
I think it’s pretty obvious that Splinter is Luo Jitsu (“Luo Jitsu cares about you in many ways that you will never know.”) They might just not do the Hamato Yoshi identity though. Or it’s his other name before becoming Luo.

I think it's stated that the turtles are different ages from each other. Raph being the eldest. And Mikey being the youngest.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:27 PM   #18
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
I think it's stated that the turtles are different ages from each other. Raph being the eldest. And Mikey being the youngest.
Yeah Mikey is 13, Leo and Donnie are 14 and Raph is 15.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:53 PM   #19
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Pretty much my opinion. While the half-hour episodes show some "plot", there's no real payoff and they're nothing enticing. I'm don't expect the season finale to impress me either, atp.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:19 PM   #20
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yeah Mikey is 13, Leo and Donnie are 14 and Raph is 15.
If Leo and Donnie are the same age, doesn't that sort of make them fraternal twins this go round.