The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Collection Photos

Notices

Old 07-05-2018, 02:54 AM   #3541
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Was under the impression the colour cover had already sold... maybe I was mistaken. If it's like the previous, then probably $2500-3000.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:18 PM   #3542
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Two pieces by Kevin for the Munchkin game...

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1484093
http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1484094
Old 07-08-2018, 07:15 PM   #3543
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Ah, you got the Splinter. I picked up the regular Michelangelo and I was really curious who got the other 3 turtles from the Munchkin game.
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #3544
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Great pieces! I wanted to grab one, but the only ones available I wasn't a huge fan of.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:27 PM   #3545
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

I went to Lock City Con in Connecticut, and man was I glad I went.

It was great seeing Jim, Steve and Pete. They're great guys, and it's always cool to talk TMNT with them. But wow, was I happy I went. Jim had the cover of Tales of the TMNT V2 issue 5 for sale, and I bought it. It's amazing cause it was penciled by Jim, and inked by Pete. I never thought I'd own a Mirage cover that was worked on by Kevin or Pete.

I got a pretty cool print by Steve Lavigne too.

The best part however was, Peter did a full figure TMNT sketch!!! Can you believe it?! I've never seen him sell a sketch like that before in the past times I've met him. I had to buy it.

So check out the new additions to my collection here.

BTW, I'll be posting my full collection soon. I finally got around to photographing it.

*Original Art*
Spoiler:

*Published Art*
Spoiler:

*Peter Laird Don Sketch*
Spoiler:
Old 07-29-2018, 09:03 AM   #3546
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Very nice dude!! I haven't seen a full body sketch done by Pete in years. And that cover is so simple but the technique was so effective. Very cool. I hope the 3 of them do another con sometime. Looking forward to seeing your cool collection.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:50 AM   #3547
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Awesome! Did he have them done already in a book? Was he sketching upon request as well? Long lines?
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:01 AM   #3548
MiamiTurtles3434
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
I went to Lock City Con in Connecticut, and man was I glad I went.

It was great seeing Jim, Steve and Pete. They're great guys, and it's always cool to talk TMNT with them. But wow, was I happy I went. Jim had the cover of Tales of the TMNT V2 issue 5 for sale, and I bought it. It's amazing cause it was penciled by Jim, and inked by Pete. I never thought I'd own a Mirage cover that was worked on by Kevin or Pete.

I got a pretty cool print by Steve Lavigne too.

The best part however was, Peter did a full figure TMNT sketch!!! Can you believe it?! I've never seen him sell a sketch like that before in the past times I've met him. I had to buy it.

So check out the new additions to my collection here.

BTW, I'll be posting my full collection soon. I finally got around to photographing it.

*Original Art*

*Published Art*

*Peter Laird Don Sketch*

Congratulations on the amazing pick ups

Enjoy them
MiamiTurtles3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 11:15 AM   #3549
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
Very nice dude!! I haven't seen a full body sketch done by Pete in years. And that cover is so simple but the technique was so effective. Very cool. I hope the 3 of them do another con sometime. Looking forward to seeing your cool collection.
Thanks dude! Yeah, I'm not sure if I should see if Jim wants to fill in the parts that were digitally painted black with real black ink. I think it would look better like that.

I'm actively editing the images now... should be up by the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
Awesome! Did he have them done already in a book? Was he sketching upon request as well? Long lines?
He had one on the Donatello on his table. I asked if he had a Leo, and he said no that was the only one. I had him put it to the side so I could get more cash. When I came back he had another Don drawing done. I'm not sure if anyone ended up buying the second Don or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiTurtles3434 View Post
Congratulations on the amazing pick ups

Enjoy them
Thanks!!!! Def!
Old 07-29-2018, 11:26 AM   #3550
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

So cool man. Jealous you were able to go, just too short notice for me to even consider a trip up there. Great pickups!
Old 07-29-2018, 04:13 PM   #3551
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OA View Post
So cool man. Jealous you were able to go, just too short notice for me to even consider a trip up there. Great pickups!
Dude!!! That means a lot coming from you!

BTW, I've added almost all of my TMNT art to Comic Art Fans if anyone wants to take a look. I still have some more to post, but I'm going to enjoy the rest of my Sunday.

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryd...asp?gcat=98777
Old 07-29-2018, 04:23 PM   #3552
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Lookin' great dude. My favs are the two volume 1 pages, and I also love that Talbot Triceraton. Thanks for sharing!
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:02 PM   #3553
oldmanwinters
Overlord

One thing I love about Comic Con season is the chance to see all the original artwork hauls folks acquire and share online.

Question: What kind of encapsulation do you folks use to protect, store, or display your original artwork?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:37 PM   #3554
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Wow. I feel like this has to be the newest full size turtle by peter in like 10-15 years. Anyone have any idea when the last time he sketched not just a head?

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:14 AM   #3555
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotJuicyBurgers View Post
Wow. I feel like this has to be the newest full size turtle by peter in like 10-15 years. Anyone have any idea when the last time he sketched not just a head?
I've been to every public appearance (except for one) he's been to in the last 6 years, and I've never seen him do a full body.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:33 PM   #3556
Chris
Mad Scientist

Can't believe Laird did a full body turtle! Awesome pick up dude!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:41 PM   #3557
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Can't believe Laird did a full body turtle! Awesome pick up dude!
Thanks bro! Yeah me neither. When I saw it on his table I asked him to put it aside so I could get more money.

The worst part of it was my bank put a hold on my debit card cause I was trying to get money from an out of state ATM. So I had to deal with them, all while hoping he didn't think I just took off or something like that.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #3558
funatic
Mad Scientist

That full-figure Laird sketch is an amazing score, Chris! Was it crazy expen$ive?? That's funny you asked if he had a Leo and then he wound up just doing a second Donatello... I guess it really is his favorite turtle.

Also psyched you got that Tales cover. Jim had it in his binder at a small con I went to last year and I almost bit the bullet, I'm not big into the original art acquisitions tho... that being said I have something to share with y'all from SDCC when I have the time to take some pics! I personally would not have Jim ink in the negative space. The reason I don't go gaga for original art is because it's generally available in a published form, but what you have with that piece is something that looks very different than the finished product so the difference makes it more special as is, in my opinion. Just my 2 cents tho, if you wanna ink it, ink it!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:49 PM   #3559
funatic
Mad Scientist

Here's that aforementioned original art page I snagged at SDCC...
Spoiler:

My first original art purchase and first time meeting Ken Mitchroney! Like all the Mirage guys have been, he was a pleasure to chat with, super friendly and laid back. Like I said before, I'm not big into original art but the Mutanimals hold a special place in my heart, and this art just so happened to be from one the first TMNT comics I ever owned! I love how you get nearly the whole team in action on this one page, and the 90s environmental cheese is laid on thick right from the get go: "YOU DARE KILL WHALES?!" Perfectly encapsulates the series. Plus, since I was the first to buy a page from him at his booth he let me have it for the 90s price listed (he apparently hadn't made a con appearance in 20-odd years!?). So fortunate to have this in my collection now, and if anyone else gets a chance to meet Ken go for it, such a great guy!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:03 PM   #3560
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
He had one on the Donatello on his table. I asked if he had a Leo, and he said no that was the only one. I had him put it to the side so I could get more cash. When I came back he had another Don drawing done. I'm not sure if anyone ended up buying the second Don or not.
It just so happens...

I was so stoked that he had one on his table! I showed up around 1:30pm, so the show had been going on for a few hours. He said he had only done one other and had no plans of doing any others. And Don's the best, so it worked out.

I wish I would have known another 'Dromer was going to be there. I don't know you from Adam, but maybe we could have grabbed a bite to eat. I had a 4 hour drive on either side, so I would have appreciated the break. Glad you got some cool stuff.

The show was great. Jim and Steve were friendly as always. Pete was more accessible than he was at any signing at Shellback. By the time I got there, the only line you'd ever have to stand in was just the person he was talking to at any given time. There were plenty of opportunities to just walk right up and talk to him. It was amazing!

It turned into a long day with a lot of driving, but it was completely worth it!