The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 11-17-2018, 07:58 PM   #181
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't "main" anyone, I play as all the characters. Some more than others obviously, but I never stick to one character or two. Never understood how in a literally 72 character roster people would ignore 90% of the fighters just to play as one or two. Unless you play competitively for real life money, what's the point? The whole point of the game is to try out everyone or else why bother to have so many characters to choose from.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:48 PM   #182
CyberCubed
Overlord

So I'm sure people know the game has been datamined, I'm really surprised how much Sakurai left secret and didn't reveal. The World of Light is far bigger and longer than anyone could have realized. And the new bosses all the look amazing, I'm shocked he kept them under wraps. Won't spoil who they are but I'm sure some know (and don't spoil it for people who don't want to know), but there's a lot of great stuff. I'm legit hyped and the single player looks far better than I imagined.

Love a lot of the new alt colors and Mii costumes, Skull Kid in particular has an excellent Mii costume that makes you feel like you're playing as him, since the mask covers the "generic mii face" and the proportions of the mii's are near identical to Skull Kid. Isaac also got a nice Mii outfit too.

The Palutena Guidances also returned with new ones for the newcomers, and surprisingly Snakes Brawl codecs are back but none for any of the newcomers after Brawl, so only 30ish characters on the roster have them since they're the old recordings from 2008.

Overall I'm hyped, I have a few characters I can still hope for DLC that weren't de-confirmed with Assist trophies yet like Dixie, but besides that I am content. The Zelda franchise really got great treatment this time around despite not having a newcomer, and I'll leave it at that. Lastly so much new amazing remixes of music was added, particular many of the DKC2 music tracks. The over 800 song soundtrack is incredible from all the games.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:58 PM   #183
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't "main" anyone, I play as all the characters. Some more than others obviously, but I never stick to one character or two. Never understood how in a literally 72 character roster people would ignore 90% of the fighters just to play as one or two. Unless you play competitively for real life money, what's the point? The whole point of the game is to try out everyone or else why bother to have so many characters to choose from.
"Main" is basically a synonym for "favourite character to play as". In Melee I mostly played as Fox, Falco, Marth, Roy, Mewtwo and Mario. Captain Falcon occasionally as well. Played the least with Peach, Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers and Pichu.

In Smash 3DS I played mostly as Little Mac, Ryu, Sonic, Ike, Charizard and Fox. Used Captain Olimar and Villager the least.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:05 AM   #184
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

****ing Jokerrrrrr! I love Persona so much!
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:55 AM   #185
Allio
Foot Elite

fastest way to unlock characters

After 10 minutes of playing, whatever match you were in vs will end in A New Foe Appears screen
Defeat them
After you get back to the stage select screen, open up the Switch menu and close Smash Bros. Software
Open the game up again and start a Smash Match
Quickest rules are Stamina Battle - 10HP
After that match, the new foe screen will appear again
Repeat until you unlock everyone
Old 12-08-2018, 03:11 PM   #186
sdp
-

I've never played Persona5 so the Joker announcement got 0 hype from me. If they're all duds for me then it'll be easy to not be tempted to spend money. I just hope we get the missing stages as DLC so this can really be "ultimate".

I've played like maybe an hour or 2 of Ultimate and I can already say I like it more than Smash for Wii U. The joycons are already a better controller than the gamepad or the Wii U Pro controller which I could never use for Smash well. I'm in no rush to unlock all the characters I think that'll be part of the fun so I'm doing it the slow way I guess, every 2 or 3 fights I get a new challenger so it's not like that "slow" way is actually all that slow.

World of Light is a bit boring, worse than subspace since it's forcing you to play in event matches even when you don't want to. I'm already gotten bored and only played for a while, I already had to switch to easy difficulty to get done with it as quick as I can. The spirits leveling up system is just something I don't care to even find out more of, I'd rather they just be random stickers since they're cool. The attention to detail is to be praised but at the end of the day they're just random matches. I'm guessing creating a very short side scrolling level for each of the main characters wouldn't have been much more difficult than the elaborate world of light mode and spirits system they made for this.

I hope I can actually do the world of light "story" mode instead of looking up the FMV on youtube, but we'll see. I beat classic mode with Pikachu and that was a lot cooler, that could be my fav. mode but we'll see. No smash online for me since I'm not paying for the nintendo online yet so whatever.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:53 PM   #187
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
fastest way to unlock characters

After 10 minutes of playing, whatever match you were in vs will end in A New Foe Appears screen
Defeat them
After you get back to the stage select screen, open up the Switch menu and close Smash Bros. Software
Open the game up again and start a Smash Match
Quickest rules are Stamina Battle - 10HP
After that match, the new foe screen will appear again
Repeat until you unlock everyone
Thats cheating!!!!!!

Lol I have been doing the spirit quest/campaign and I do agree with other that it is bit hideous at times its something to do and it gives me a chance to practice with different characters.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:47 AM   #188
Icebot
Foot Elite

I just got the game and started playing it. This is my first ever experience playing a Super Smash game so I’ll be practicing.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:55 AM   #189
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Joker from Persona 5 announcement was the best character crossover reveal yet. Still got the chills and unbelievable feelings. People are still feeling surreal.

Well done, Nintendo - you made a milestone in history again.

Persona 5 on Switch next?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:50 AM   #190
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Joker from Persona 5 announcement was the best character crossover reveal yet. Still got the chills and unbelievable feelings. People are still feeling surreal.

Well done, Nintendo - you made a milestone in history again.

Persona 5 on Switch next?
WOW what a face is that his
Spoiler:
sex
face or something????
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:57 PM   #191
Ninjinister
無問題

I've never understood why people record themselves making faces and noises at announcements. I understand even less how it's considered a viable form of entertainment.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:09 PM   #192
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I've never understood why people record themselves making faces and noises at announcements. I understand even less how it's considered a viable form of entertainment.
Gaming Youtubers and their fanbases confuse me. I guess everyone has their own tastes but most of them just seem hyperactive and annoying to me. Reaction videos especially.

I'm really liking Ultimate so far. The graphics got a decent boost over the Wii U version of 4, the newcomers I've unlocked so far have fun movesets, and the sheer amount of content is amazing. World of Light is pretty fun and I like the changed Classic Mode. Surprised at how many little things got upgrades all around, everyone worried about this just being a Smash 4 port should rest easy.

The faster gameplay is better as well but the CPUs are making me realize I need to up my game. Some of the "Challenger Approaching" CPUs are wiping the floor with me.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:45 PM   #193
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Or "unboxing videos."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:12 PM   #194
Ninjinister
無問題

Smash is literally eating up any free time I have that's not spent sleeping. Help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Or "unboxing videos."
I kiiiind of get those for like.. .special things that someone might wanna see what's in it before getting it. Like a special edition of something, just in case you get plastic easter eggs instead of Infinity Stones or a bag that's less sturdy than the kind you take to Fred Meyer.

But I personally don't watch them, and I don't get ones that are just standard game/home media/whatever releases. It's weird. OH SH*T THERE'S STANDARD CHARACTER ART AND A LOGO ON THE DISC HOW EXCITING
Old 12-22-2018, 06:27 PM   #195
Allio
Foot Elite

Just got Little MAC in World of Light. With him with Legend Rank 4+zapperfish/victimizers, I have broken adventure mode
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:00 AM   #196
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Been playing this. How do I unlock different modes?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:18 PM   #197
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Been playing this. How do I unlock different modes?
All modes are available from the start.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:42 PM   #198
CyberCubed
Overlord

I already have all 1,300+ spirits except the ones you need to buy the Let's Go games for. Surprisingly getting them was a lot quicker than I expected and not that time consuming, getting the trophies in the old games took a lot longer.

I played for 15 days straight after I got it, but the online is poor due to Nintendo's crappy online servers, so it's best to be played with CPU's or friends at times. I've already moved on from the game back to PS4 games now, but I'll still return to it once every few weeks or so just for some fun matches.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:40 PM   #199
Allio
Foot Elite

So some datamining has been going on and it seems files for Piranha Plant and Joker are in as well as one titled

Spoiler:
Brave which some are speculating is
Spoiler:
Dragon Quest Hero

The only one that seemed to be getting these characters right so far (along with other gaming leaks) is saying the last three are

Spoiler:
Ryu hayabusa, Doom guy, and Steve
Old 01-04-2019, 02:02 AM   #200
CyberCubed
Overlord

With the exception of Steve, I'm fine with that lineup even if I don't personally care for all the characters, I can understand why they're chosen.