The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What should next movie be?
Animated 18 47.37%
Live Action 20 52.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2016, 12:08 PM   #41
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Yes they were, even Kevin Eastman was in control of the conception of the 2014 movie. They were trying.
Trying to make money, yes.

And Kevin was never in control, that's laughable. Don't make Andrew call you a plant.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #42
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Kevin Eastman was brought on at the 11th hour. His role? Being Kevin Eastman, nodding at the dailies, giving everything the thumbs up and going back to tell the fans it's the best thing ever, complete with amazing "The Raid"-style martial arts fighting.

I think he had a bit larger role (and by "larger" I mean bigger than a glorified spokesperson) in previous incarnations of the 2014 movie, particularly surrounding the Fusco draft's version. I remember him mentioning that when Platinum Dunes became involved, suddenly no one was talking to him anymore. Clearly that changed at some point.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:07 PM   #43
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Yes they were, even Kevin Eastman was in control of the conception of the 2014 movie. They were trying.
This guy...

He was brought on to make casual fans who knew no better think that there was a chance it would be decent. Das it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:13 PM   #44
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
This guy...

He was brought on to make casual fans who knew no better think that there was a chance it would be decent. Das it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Trying to make money, yes.

And Kevin was never in control, that's laughable. Don't make Andrew call you a plant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
lol, you're joking, right?
pferreira almost seems to live in his own little world to be honest. Am I alone in this, does anyone else get that vibe from him? For example, he will always defend David Wise as a good and memorable writer, no matter how many times one brings up the problems with Wise's writing.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:45 PM   #45
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

I personally don't want another movie right now. I think it would be better if they just put more money into giving us better video games.
Leonardo_thebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #46
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
pferreira almost seems to live in his own little world to be honest. Am I alone in this, does anyone else get that vibe from him? For example, he will always defend David Wise as a good and memorable writer, no matter how many times one brings up the problems with Wise's writing.
You are not alone, my friend.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:37 PM   #47
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Kevin Eastman was brought on at the 11th hour. His role? Being Kevin Eastman, nodding at the dailies, giving everything the thumbs up and going back to tell the fans it's the best thing ever, complete with amazing "The Raid"-style martial arts fighting.

I think he had a bit larger role (and by "larger" I mean bigger than a glorified spokesperson) in previous incarnations of the 2014 movie, particularly surrounding the Fusco draft's version. I remember him mentioning that when Platinum Dunes became involved, suddenly no one was talking to him anymore. Clearly that changed at some point.
Eastman was still working with PD pretty early on in the process. There's some early Shredder concepts from Eastman that are dated 2011, I think. Fusco was, what-- 2009? Definitely not an 11th hour addition, but he didn't exactly have any veto power over the decisions.

Personally, I think it's great how Eastman seems to have fun with whatever he's doing. Keep doing you, man.

...and for the record, I'm all for another live action attempt. I'm not a huge fan of modern animation, however... something weird/experimental/juvenile a'la the Reitman's HEAVY METAL movie would be fun for a nutzoid Mirage animated adaptation.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:42 PM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Definitely not an 11th hour addition, but he didn't exactly have any veto power over the decisions.
Certainly no veto power. But yes, he was a last minute addition when Dunes took over. Or to put it better... he was aboard all the way up until Dunes took over, then completely in the dark for about a year, then aboard that iteration. I know because I was literally talking to him on the phone about this when it was going on.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #49
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Certainly no veto power. But yes, he was a last minute addition when Dunes took over. Or to put it better... he was aboard all the way up until Dunes took over, then completely in the dark for about a year, then aboard that iteration. I know because I was literally talking to him on the phone about this when it was going on.
I guess you and I have varying opinions on "11th hour". To expect him to be brought in the second a new production company takes over isn't really feasible. PD started development in 2010. Eastman's conceptual art floating around is dated (I'm pretty sure) 2011. The film came out in 2014. Not 11th hour to me at all, but your mileage may vary.

Perhaps his involvement was solely for marketing purposes, which is why he wasn't involved in early development in the project. I wouldn't be shocked.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:58 PM   #50
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
No, you're right. He's absolutely incapable of admitting that FW has flaws, & like most FW fanboys, champions it as being this almighty thing that everyone has committed to heart & memory, when in reality it's the characters that resonated, not the material itself. It's these kinds of fans with little insight towards other iterations that take things like this on blind faith.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:15 PM   #51
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
No, you're right. He's absolutely incapable of admitting that FW has flaws, & like most FW fanboys, champions it as being this almighty thing that everyone has committed to heart & memory, when in reality it's the characters that resonated, not the material itself. It's these kinds of fans with little insight towards other iterations that take things like this on blind faith.
I've never thought of it in those words before; I really liked that. Kudos!
Old 11-08-2016, 10:16 AM   #52
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Live Action. I have no preference over either practical effects or CG. I believe both can be used fairly effectively as long as the designs themselves work.

What I want is a decent actress to be cast as April. By that I mean, someone who fits the part. Someone who make April a strong female character (not ditzy nor there simply for sex appeal). Someone with a little spunk and personality.

That, for me, is where Platinum Dunes failed the most in terms of bringing these characters to life.

Last edited by sgtfbomb; 11-08-2016 at 10:25 AM.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:38 AM   #53
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
What I want is a decent actress to be cast as April. By that I mean, someone who fits the part. Someone who make April a strong female character (not ditzy nor there simply for sex appeal). Someone with a little spunk and personality.
Exactly. And that's why I loved Judith Hoag's portrayal of April. She did a fantastic job at acting out the part, all the while still looking good!
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:45 AM   #54
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
lol, you're joking, right?
Whether you like it or not he was involved. I know that's shocking but you need to get over it.

Quote:
Compared to any other writer? Yes, every script has issues if you look hard enough, IF you look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
You are not alone, my friend.
It's okay, I feel that way about you guys as well.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 11:05 PM   #55
PixieAnna1
Random Punk

Animated
Mainly because we don't get hardly any theatrical action animated movies.
The 2007 movie had some awesome fight scenes, and was very gritty. And (in the US at least) I think it seems to stand out from the bright colored comedy CGI movies we always get.
PixieAnna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:51 AM   #56
CyberCubed
Overlord

Next theatrical movie definitely needs to be live-action. No question about it. Anything animated is assumed to be aimed at kids.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:29 AM   #57
xChri5x
Stone Warrior

I want a live action Turtles movie set in the 80s with no over the top Sci-fi elements.

Tags
michael bay