The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-06-2017, 12:15 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

I now watch all movies and shows on 1.5 times speed

Ever since I discovered the 1.5 x speed on videos, I can no longer watch movies/tv shows at their normal speed anymore. It saves you so much time too!

A 2 hour movie becomes a 1 hour and 30 minute movie. If you use 2x speed during the silent scenes where characters are just walking around not doing anything, you can speed through a movie even more than make it about a 1 hour and 15 minute movie.

The funny thing is even playing things at 1.5 speed you can still easily understand everything the characters are saying, and you don't notice a difference when the scenes are playing. You can save so much time if you want to marathon shows or movies this way. Anyone else do this?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:21 PM   #2
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

But if you're just going to fast-forward through everything what's the point of even watching things if you're not going to do it the way the creators intended?

Why not just read plot summaries on Wikipedia or Cliff Notes or something?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

1.5 isn't fast forwarding, it's barely moving at a faction of a second more than usual. You can test it right now on youtube videos. Change the speed to any youtube video to 1.5 speed, you barely notice a difference.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:29 PM   #4
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I sometimes like watching the 80s tmnt show on 1.5x speed during the fight scenes. Makes them much smoother and quicker.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:30 PM   #5
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

You really are something Cubed.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:31 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

It works wonderfully. It saves you so much time too. If you're marathoning through a show with hundreds of eps, you get through it in half the time.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:09 PM   #7
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

If you're gonna watch something like Blade Runner 2049 in 1,5x speed, you'll definitely miss everything that makes the movie a masterpiece.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:18 PM   #8
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It works wonderfully. It saves you so much time too. If you're marathoning through a show with hundreds of eps, you get through it in half the time.
Wouldn't it be three fourths of the time?
Old 11-06-2017, 01:32 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I now watch all movies and shows on 1.5 times speed
No you don't. Stop it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:35 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just started doing this around early this year. Often times when I watched movies or shows, I remember thinking, "Man this scene is so slow, I wish there was some way to get through it faster without literally skipping through it." Then I realized you can play on 1.5 speed, and do exactly that.

Don't you guys ever watch scenes in movies/shows that you feel are too slow paced, or you feel kinda bored sitting through parts of an episode and wish it went by fast? Simply change the speed to 1.5. That means you're only watching on 1 second and 1/2 faster than usual, so you won't even notice the difference much. The characters talking don't even sound speeded up.

And if you play it like this through a whole show, you shave off 20-30 minutes of movies and at least 15-20 minutes of regular 1 hour shows.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:13 PM   #11
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

If something is boring me that much I just won't bother watching it, or if I'm really set on finishing a series I will play around on my phone or in another tab in my browser
Old 11-06-2017, 02:21 PM   #12
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Geez, and I thought PAL speed was bad.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:25 PM   #13
newfan
Mad Scientist

Are you just watching bad movies?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:35 PM   #14
Allio
Foot Elite

remind me never to watch movies with Cube
Old 11-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
If something is boring me that much I just won't bother watching it, or if I'm really set on finishing a series I will play around on my phone or in another tab in my browser
Nah, there's slow parts in every movie or show I ever watched, even stuff I liked. Browsing the internet while watching is even worse because you're not paying attention to it.

1.5 speed let's you sit through the slow parts and still not miss anything.

I've turned 2 hour and 30 minute movies into 1 hour and 40 minute movies. I have so much more free time now to either watch more stuff or do anything else.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #16
newfan
Mad Scientist

You probably don't go to the movie theaters much now then.

Each persons choice.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:30 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

For new movies of course there's no choice, but whenever I own a blu-ray or just watch it online, the 1.5 speed feature works wonders.

I even watch regular youtube clips on 1.5 speed now.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #18
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I recently listened to an audio book at 1.23x speed on VLC, but it was Anne of Green Gables and all of Anne's lengthy rambles just seemed more accurate at 1.23x.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:46 PM   #19
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That sounds so awful, why would you do that?
Well besides to annually watch all your TMNT, Batman and Pokemon shows.

I don't do it on tv shows, I feel it would compromise them but I do it on podcasts that I find a little too long or when I'm falling behind but I prefer not to when I can.

1.2 is the sweet point IMO, at 1.2 it's not noticeable too much besides a few places and the voices still sound for the most part normal, though there's still distortion and does make the shows go a bit faster. 1.1 you can barely notice though it also doesn't save much time.

1.5 makes them sound like chipmunks, it's awful, I only use it if I'm super behind on podcasts and on shows I don't care much about but want to soak up the information as fast as possible. 1.6 being almost the same with it being a little bit faster. So yeah, it works great in catching up since you can easily understand everything but go faster but at the expense of having Chip/Dale as your hosts.

2.0 speed is almost useless to me, you can only do it if you don't care to listen to everything that's being said because I end up missing some information if they're talking about something important that needs my full attention. If it's just random chatter then it's doable, of course here they're all on full chipmunk mode.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:34 AM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

sdp you said in the other thread you want to catch up on some DC shows, watch them all on 1.5 speed, you'll get through them in half the time. It's probably better that way too, you'll never get bored because each ep will be shortened by about 15 minutes.

Tags
cubed monkeys around