The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you believe in aliens?
No, I do not believe in the existence of aliens 7 18.42%
Yes, I believe that aliens exist, but I do not believe that they have visited Earth 10 26.32%
Yes I believe that aliens exist & that they've visited Earth but not influenced human affairs 6 15.79%
Yes, I believe that aliens exist, and that they have visited Earth and influenced human affairs 15 39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2018, 10:12 PM   #21
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

They just come to laugh at the primitive little humans.

*grabs highly advanced binocular-like device*

Look at them down there... their lives are so formulaic; day in, day out. They lose their, well, whatever it is that Earthlings loose, over the tiniest thing amongst themselves. They -- oh ****, they saw us.

*zips off at 1000mph*

However, we usually assume aliens would be somewhere around a human size... Who says they aren't as big as the largest dinosaurs or as small as ants? Life here has come is such a extreme range of sizes, it's not like us humans are a default size for intelligent life in the universe.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:16 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
They just come to laugh at the primitive little humans.

*grabs highly advanced binocular-like device*

Look at them down there... their lives are so formulaic; day in, day out. They lose their, well, whatever it is that Earthlings loose, over the tiniest thing amongst themselves. They -- oh ****, they saw us.

*zips off at 1000mph*

However, we usually assume aliens would be somewhere around a human size... Who says they aren't as big as dinosaurs or as small as ants?
That's a strange hobby to have lol. They cannot be that intelligent if that's how they spend their time and money on research.

As for non-intelligent life... maybe there's planets out there with dinosaurs still. Or creatures equivalent to them. I mean, look at Australia. That place has lots of funny/unique animals. Imagine a planet full of weird creatures like Australia.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:28 PM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So long as we aren't attacked by Triceratons. lol All the crazy looking stuff that might exist on some other planets... Australia might end up looking normal.

Now, those "gray aliens"... I take them as nothing but fiction. Although if there was something to it, what if instead of aliens they were actually humans of the future after screwing with genetics WAY too much and, possessing actual time travel, have come back to try to figure out how to fix what they (or rather generations between us) have done. *cue eerie music*
Old 06-02-2018, 10:30 PM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

What if Klingons or Vulcans turned out to be real? That'd be funny and kind of cool. Vulcans are a peaceful race, aren't they? So in that case we'd not have a cause to be concerned, at least.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:54 PM   #25
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Heh, that would be cool. But what are the chances they'd really be like our fiction? Much like finding a race of people who look much like the Turtles, but are they really going to be anything like them? I think we'd all end up sorely disappointed because we'd want to find those guys and they just aren't going to be among them.

Buuuut...I suppose for that we can still hold out hope for parallel universes and an alternate version of Earth instead where the Turtles aren't fictional. Now, how fast would they gladly join us here where all their foes are fictional and everyone already knows and loves them? They might even bring peace to the world, at least for a few days, because minds would be so blown that people forget about most everything else. Celebrities might not have the best freedom either, but becoming celebs here would at least be an improvement.

Gotta say, I'm surprised that the larger amount of votes are for "...and influenced human affairs."
Old 06-02-2018, 11:00 PM   #26
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I 100% believe in aliens. As already mentioned there’s billions of planets and galaxies in the universe. To think Earth is the 1 and only to have intelligent life is extremely close minded and vain.

I think there’s probably been alien visitors. I don’t think every single encounter or sighting can be fake or mistaken. As for why they don’t show themselves or why they would care to visit...it could be anything. They must have reasons.

One thing though is people always seem to refer to aliens as just one other race. There could be hundreds if not thousands. Some might know of us. Some might not care. Some might be hostile. Some might be nice. Just because one doesn’t reveal themselves doesn’t mean others won’t. Assuming they can.

I personally don’t think they’ve had any major influence, if any, on modern life. Seeing how our technology advanced, it seems to have a natural flow.

Our technology is barely scratching the surface of being truly great imo. All the things that seem to be similar to or inspired by movies are primitive at this point. Obviously compared to ancient times we’re advanced but not by normal standards imo.

I wish aliens would share thier technology with us. Anything they have (since they would have figured out interstellar travel) has to be better than our version.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:02 PM   #27
Prowler
Emperor

Btw, since I have never seen any conclusive evidence that intelligent aliens have visited Earth, that kinda makes me doubt their existence at the same time. That or they don't happen to live in our galaxy or in any of our neighbouring galaxies. Again, considering how massive the universe is and there apparently being billions of galaxies out there, the most advanced ones might just not live so close to us and might be entertained fighting wars against their neighbours or something. That or other intelligent life forms out there aren't more advanced than we are and are also stuck in their Solar System trying to look for the same answers as us.

I mean, in our Solar System at least, our planet seems to be the only one with intelligent life forms(humans). If there is a planet inhabited by intelligent life forms out there it might be EXTREMELY far away from Earth. Perhaps even 15 million galaxies away from ours.

Also, I'm not sure if it's a particularly good idea for us to look out for intelligent life so soon. Imagine we end up running into a more advanced race than us and they decide to wage war on us? RIP.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:07 AM   #28
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

I don't believe in aliens.
But I do believe in fallen angels which can be perceived as aliens.

Last edited by Xiewin; 06-04-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:37 AM   #29
newfan
Mad Scientist

It seems reasonable to me to suspect that earth wouldn't be the only planet in the universe with living beings on it.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:50 AM   #30
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, there is also always the possibility that we're "those people" that they'd rather just avoid. Understandable.
some of us worship kardashians. would you want to introduce us to a wider galaxy?

I honestly think more real evidence of an afterlife exists than aliens. and i've always been more interested in ghosts. but we have how many different species living on earth, with more being discovered?

pretty stupid to think in this whole big universe we are the only ones with something on it.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:04 AM   #31
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
some of us worship kardashians. would you want to introduce us to a wider galaxy?
On a similar note, we might all BE the "Kardashians" of the universe, or at least of this section of our galaxy... and aliens coming here might be the weirdos that worship us.

Like the other cooler, more highly advanced-minded, more sophisticated alien species wouldn't bother with us, it's just the oddballs who like our drama or young ones out looking for trouble.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #32
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Just 30 years ago, humankind knew only one star orbited by planets. Now we know thousands. It's just a matter of time when we discover extraterrestrial lifeforms.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:46 AM   #33
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

If we happen to discover other planets with intelligent life on it, will it make us any less special and unique?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:52 AM   #34
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nah. I mean, theisticly speaking, the religious may have to do some thinking on how they believe it all fits together outside of it just being about us. Outside of religion (and esp for those of us that some subscribe to it)... planets that might be capable of supporting life like ours - at least advanced life beyond microbes or bacteria - sound to be far out numbered by those that probably can't, esp life to our level of advancement or beyond, enough so that us and any other intelligent beings may not be able to find each other, so... that's still rare enough to be special. And they probably don't look like humans, so we're still unique; likewise for them individually.

Who knows... if any actually have shown up in this part of the galaxy, maybe they're just out hunting for their version of a god-like being.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:36 PM   #35
Prowler
Emperor

3 videos that explain a lot that has been getting discussed here:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 06-03-2018, 09:44 PM   #36
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Statistically speaking, of course aliens exist. But also statistically speaking, they would likely not be able to visit us. And those who are smart enough to get close are probably also smart enough to attempt going unnoticed.

(I love those videos!)
Old 06-04-2018, 05:13 PM   #37
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Statistically speaking, of course aliens exist. But also statistically speaking, they would likely not be able to visit us. And those who are smart enough to get close are probably also smart enough to attempt going unnoticed.

(I love those videos!)
Must be a lot of work to do those animations.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:49 AM   #38
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
If we happen to discover other planets with intelligent life on it, will it make us any less special and unique?
I don't care. The universe will be much more interesting.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:24 AM   #39
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Of course. There is no way in hell we are alone in the universe. That would be highly illogical.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:19 AM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I still say the most likely alien life out there that's going to be encounterable by us would be AI-driven drones that are either the remnants of an alien civilization even older than our own or the final evolution of such.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote