The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-17-2018, 06:19 AM   #21
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Is anyone else interested in trying to make a timeline based on this series?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #22
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Well, they obviously fought ninjas in that period; either Megavolt's as someone online suggested or just some generic thieves. At least they caught these guys easily. And enough time for Donatello to begin examining and experimenting on the mutagen they crawled through. Speaking of which, I thought he synthesised the last of that into a spray that temporarily turned Splinter back into Hamato Yoshi back in Season 2.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:04 PM   #23
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Funny enough, they only seem to face Shredder and co. up until season 3 when they finally meet the Rat King, Leatherhead and a bunch of mobsters... though Shredder was in the Maltese Hamster episode. It was in season 4 when they really started to meet more mad scientist and the like.
They still fight Shredder in Season 4 but he's not in every episode.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:28 PM   #24
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
They still fight Shredder in Season 4 but he's not in every episode.
I like season 4-5 being split up, with circa 50 % being classic TMNT against Shredder and Krang, the others take different turtles at solo adventures, often outside New York City.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:13 PM   #25
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I like season 4-5 being split up, with circa 50 % being classic TMNT against Shredder and Krang, the others take different turtles at solo adventures, often outside New York City.
I think it happened for two reasons:

1) James Avery had less time to commit to the show due to Fresh Prince.

2) The writers were starting to run out of ideas creatively having had the standard villians in most Season 3 episodes.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:35 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

TMNT always had a problem when it came to finding villains that could "replace" Shredder on a long term or even for single episodes.

Bonus points to the FW series for making some non-Shredder and Krang episodes, but a lot of those mad scientists weren't particularly interesting and it's obvious they've only managed to be a threat to the Turtles due to their technology. It's a hard pill for me to swallow seeing a ****ing toy manufactor, for example, getting the upper hand against the Turtles. On a one on one fight against any of the Turtles he'd get his ass kicked in 5 seconds.

It's like the WWE champion facing a lower midcarder or a jobber. The guy will put up a decent fight in order to make it look like the WWE champion will lose the title, but then he eventually fights back with the five moves of doom and pins the other guy and remains champion just like every single person expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I don't think that's what he meant. I've always interpreted the line "2 years and 15 days" to mean that's how much time went by in between Turtle Trek and A Turtle in Time, not how much time went by in between Turtle Trek and The Unknown Ninja.
It's made pretty clear they were referring to when they'd meet. The Turtles basically asked Carter "do we know you?" and Carter said "Not yet, but you will" and then Landor says "in exactly 2 years and 15 days".

Last edited by Prowler; 05-24-2018 at 04:42 PM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:19 PM   #27
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
It's a hard pill for me to swallow seeing a ****ing toy manufactor, for example, getting the upper hand against the Turtles. On a one on one fight against any of the Turtles he'd get his ass kicked in 5 seconds.
I agree but then again they do use their weapons less as well. The TMNT are kind of dumbed down in Season 4-6.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:22 AM   #28
Overlord

Quote:
TMNT always had a problem when it came to finding villains that could "replace" Shredder on a long term or even for single episodes..
The best were those with Leatherhead and the Rat King. I also liked how the series built up its own organized crime syndicate, with Big Louie and how he was in gangster war against Beaver Cleaver and Wally Cleaver.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:45 AM   #29
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Season 3 expanded a bit which was nice. We had Rat King and Don Turtelli standing on their own in one episode each, then they teamed up, then Rat King teamed up with Leatherhead. The syndicated episodes were more like She-ra, series since they rarely deviated from the Horde at all even if they had one-off Horde villains once in awhile. I definitely understand why it was done this way since you didn't want to see the Turtles using their weapons on gangsters or even scientists. The Saturday episodes allowed them to expand their villain roster even if it was of scientists, toy makers and Turtle memorabilia collectors and the occasional gangsters. Those guys couldn't fight back like Shredder and Co. could so it would teach kids bad lessons. At least they finally got the formula right as the seasons went on.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:10 AM   #30
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
The best were those with Leatherhead and the Rat King. I also liked how the series built up its own organized crime syndicate, with Big Louie and how he was in gangster war against Beaver Cleaver and Wally Cleaver.
Apparently Leatherhead only appeared in 4 episodes.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:53 AM   #31
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Apparently Leatherhead only appeared in 4 episodes.
And for some reason the original series mad him a bad guy. Even though he's always been a good guy in the comics.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:17 AM   #32
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
And for some reason the original series mad him a bad guy. Even though he's always been a good guy in the comics.
Yeah. FW and 2k3 Leatherheads are both completely different from each other. They're barely the same character.

I liked FW Leatherhead, though. And his accent was pretty cool. "I GUARAN-TEE!"
Old 05-25-2018, 12:50 PM   #33
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Really? I actually had no idea. No wonder in the 2003 cartoon series he's a good guy. Finally makes sense.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:12 PM   #34
Overlord

Florida

I like the concept of a Florida-based Leatherhead.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:34 PM   #35
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
I like the concept of a Florida-based Leatherhead.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:42 PM   #36
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

80s Leatherhead is my favourite too.

I like him as a villain more than an ally, and I don't like Leatherhead going into rage mode everytime and then saying sorry later on.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:18 PM   #37
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
80s Leatherhead is my favourite too.

I like him as a villain more than an ally, and I don't like Leatherhead going into rage mode everytime and then saying sorry later on.
80s Leatherhead was great.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:39 AM   #38
Overlord

I also liked Archie Leatherhead (but not so much that origin). It was great to see him as part of the Mutanimals punching robots in Brazil in "United We Stand, Divided We Fall".